PDA

View Full Version : UGA gets it

DawgPoundtheRock
01-25-2016, 07:09 PM
The following is from a UGA message board (pay site) and was sent to me by my son-in-law the UGA fan:

Don't you love it? When it gets this close to Signing Day, the miracles just keep coming at Ole Miss! It's as annual as Valentines Day now, but with the wacky surprises of April Fools thrown in! And we're the fools, of course. Guess which five-star is going to Ole Miss now! No, no way! WAY!

Don't be cynical, folks. It's easily accounted to the brilliance and irresistible appeal of Hugh Freeze. Or perhaps the desire of so many young athletes to be close to William Faulkner's home, having admired "The Sound and the Fury" and "Absalom, Absalom" so much in their AP English classes. Maybe a South Florida kid like Tre Nixon longs for the progressive urban life of North Central Mississippi. Or couldn't it just be that he feels himself inexorably drawn to the age-old tradition and pageantry of being a "Rebel Black Bear"? Or he's grown up watching all those SEC Championship Game appearances. Wait, no, not that one.

Whatever it is...we can all agree Ole Miss has some SPECIAL TINKERBELL MAGIC that began precisely three years ago when Ole Miss jumped from a #40 finish the previous year to #7 in ONE season, suddenly recruiting from every corner of the South and beyond when it had previously struggled to hold down its own state for decades. Lots of players seemingly woke up one morning in early February and decided that they DIDN'T want to go to that boring old Bama or LSU or Georgia they'd been committed to for years; no, it was an epiphany moment: Ole Miss was the place! And lots of their family members wanted to move there too! You can only look at the special jobs and homes and extra scholarships some of them have managed and laugh at the fickle finger of Black Bear Rebel fate.

It's like that old uncle of yours who sold used cars for years and could never make ends meet, then, long about that year he bought the fishing boat down near the Keys, started having boatloads of cash for some reason. Just a great guy, that's how you explain it! As Hugh Frieze tells us--God i$ good!

starkvegasdawg
01-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Give him some rep points.

Bucky Dog
01-25-2016, 07:17 PM
That's awesome. What I have been saying for years. No way they can explain things like Treadwell Instagram pic with all those $100 bills laid on the table during the big recruiting weekend, or CJ and everything that came with him, or Tunsil and his entire family relocating to Oxford with jobs and a nicer house, just to mention a few. C34 said it many times before, they screwed the pooch when they started ****ing with the big boys!

Now we now why Freeze chose his "All In" mantra.

cheewgumm
01-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Ha, that's great. Meaningless, but still good to see.

dawggoneit
01-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Need this kind of thing to start popping up on a lot of site. Maybe then the media would take notice of the chatter.

DawgPoundtheRock
01-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Ha, that's great. Meaningless, but still good to see.

I agree. One post on another SEC school's message board doesn't mean much. However, the fact that they recognize the same thing that ED has been espousing does mean something. Surely, if the fanbase can see it, then the coaches and administrations of other SEC schools see it as well. The more pressure brought to bear on OM outside of MSU, the better. Just thought it was interesting.

Brando
01-25-2016, 07:46 PM
I just don't understand. I went through the whole recruiting thing while playing baseball,nowhere to this extent, and had a very good buddy who was big time D1 baseball talent get suckered into signing with a NAIA school because of our high school coach getting a kickback. But how does someone go from pulling 1 5 star in like 3 yr to pulling 4 and 5 stars from UGA, Bama, LSU, USC, etc... I mean damn those bags have to be thick with cash. Does money mean that much to these parents that they are willing to give up their child's college time for say $10,000, when they could go to a school and develop and make 10x that in 3 or 4 yrs?

Op4isabitch
01-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Florida 24/7 jumping on the "Ole Miss is Cheating" bandwagon. Sending out tweets with Ole Mi$$ and money bags.

JDog13
01-25-2016, 07:56 PM
I wish that post would have originated here.

the59dawg
01-25-2016, 07:58 PM
I just don't understand. I went through the whole recruiting thing while playing baseball,nowhere to this extent, and had a very good buddy who was big time D1 baseball talent get suckered into signing with a NAIA school because of our high school coach getting a kickback. But how does someone go from pulling 1 5 star in like 3 yr to pulling 4 and 5 stars from UGA, Bama, LSU, USC, etc... I mean damn those bags have to be thick with cash. Does money mean that much to these parents that they are willing to give up their child's college time for say $10,000, when they could go to a school and develop and make 10x that in 3 or 4 yrs?

Heck, they are getting $5-10K just for the initial visit where they find out aboiut the other benefits. The $10K you mention above doesn't begin to measure what a 5 star might get. Some kids are approaching 6 figures someone will put up. The rebnecks can compete with anyone for buck$$$ now.

Thompson92
01-25-2016, 08:08 PM
The best part is how the narrative has changed from:
"These guys just want to be a part of what Coach Freeze is building!"
to
"Everyone pays players!"

They forgot they were supposed to believe these guys fell in love with OM and Oxford's "atmosphere".

Op4isabitch
01-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Not true, if you are talking about competing with anyone on a financial basis. Ole Miss is not a wealthy fan base. They have a few wealthy guys who measure the size of their little pee pee's with the success of the UM football program.
On a national scale Ole Miss is equivilant to a gnat on a dogs ass.

Political Hack
01-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Do not accuse specific players of taking money on this board. Easy rule to follow... DO NOT put a players name in threads like this. Period.

Bullybaroo
01-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Need this kind of thing to start popping up on a lot of site. Maybe then the media would take notice of the chatter.

The media has the FOIA. They don't need this frustrated guy telling them what's going on.

DawgPoundtheRock
01-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Do not accuse specific players of taking money on this board. Easy rule to follow... DO NOT put a players name in threads like this. Period.

The point of the thread is that is not not just us who have noticed the shenanigans going on at om.

SDDawg
01-25-2016, 08:38 PM
2013 payments were in the 7 figures in total according to "sources". The Network budget is up to $3M+ a year, that's what I "hear". They want a post-segregation Natty in the worst way.

Spiderman
01-25-2016, 08:41 PM
2013 payments were in the 7 figures in total according to "sources". The Network budget is up to $3M+ a year, that's what I "hear". They want a post-segregation Natty in the worst way.

They'd love a pre segregation one also.

gravedigger
01-25-2016, 08:48 PM
I wish that post would have originated here.

It has for 15 years.

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Not true, if you are talking about competing with anyone on a financial basis. Ole Miss is not a wealthy fan base. They have a few wealthy guys who measure the size of their little pee pee's with the success of the UM football program.

They have some very wealthy alums who have shown that illegal activities are no barrier to getting what they want. Buying players isn't even illegal.

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2016, 09:05 PM
They have some very wealthy alums who have shown that illegal activities are no barrier to getting what they want. Buying players isn't even illegal.
Dickie say - "if we can buy judges, why not players?"

Op4isabitch
01-25-2016, 09:17 PM

Ummm, so where do we differentiate on our views? I believe that's what I said and as I stated, overall their fan base is not a wealthy one. It's a few wealthy individuals that pull the strings. Those few don't amount to a wealthy fan base.

coastratdog
01-25-2016, 09:33 PM
Least we forget this all really started with Scam Newton. UNM said if Auburn can get away on a technicality then let's go all in. I know schools have been paying kids for years. Rumor was Bob Tyler had a bag man. But not to the dollar amount and in your face NCAA attitude there us today.

cheewgumm
01-25-2016, 09:44 PM
Least we forget this all really started with Scam Newton. UNM said if Auburn can get away on a technicality then let's go all in. I know schools have been paying kids for years. Rumor was Bob Tyler had a bag man. But not to the dollar amount and in your face NCAA attitude there us today.

Exactly. Newton showed Ole Miss U that the NCAA was toothless. So they acted accordingly. Cause and effect.

The SEC is corrupt. Former leadership was terribly corrupt IMO. SEC makes the old Southwest Conference look like romper room.

Coursesuper
01-25-2016, 10:03 PM

The Bammers have one family that can buy over every ten money guy ten times. They are small fish in a large pond with that family.

TUSK
01-25-2016, 10:19 PM
I will echo earlier post RE: The Cam Newton Saga... that shit both rewrote the rule book and opened everything up for everyone....

that's when "toothless" began....

Mbdawg
01-25-2016, 11:17 PM
I will echo earlier post RE: The Cam Newton Saga... that shit both rewrote the rule book and opened everything up for everyone....

that's when "toothless" began....

Hold up Tusk. Can't let a Bammer come to this board and blame any other school for opening the flood gates. You know Saban started the arms race in 2008. Perhaps you aren't privy to the details surrounding the infamous "File" that was turned into the SEC office and Finebaum but the cash, cars, houses, and jobs were of epic proportions. When I saw the evidence that was submitted and the conference ultimately told the Aubie's they just need to up their game, that is when "toothless" began.

TUSK
01-26-2016, 01:34 AM
Hold up Tusk. Can't let a Bammer come to this board and blame any other school for opening the flood gates. You know Saban started the arms race in 2008. Perhaps you aren't privy to the details surrounding the infamous "File" that was turned into the SEC office and Finebaum but the cash, cars, houses, and jobs were of epic proportions. When I saw the evidence that was submitted and the conference ultimately told the Aubie's they just need to up their game, that is when "toothless" began.

Are you talking bout the textbook scandal era?

If that was "cheating", Bama is really, really bad at it.

Now, if you are talking about the Dubose years, you'd be correct.

cheewgumm
01-26-2016, 01:46 AM
At this point Bama should be for no cheating from anyone. They'd really clean up now if there were no cheating whatsoever.

But it's kind of like Calipari at Kentucky. He cheated so badly to get there's that now he's at the top and wouldn't have to.

Ole miss is in the "cheating so badly to et there" phase of this process.

TUSK
01-26-2016, 01:53 AM
At this point Bama should be for no cheating from anyone. They'd really clean up now if there were no cheating whatsoever.

But it's kind of like Calipari at Kentucky. He cheated so badly to get there's that now he's at the top and wouldn't have to.

Ole miss is in the "cheating so badly to et there" phase of this process.

Yup, since Dubose, we've not been nearly as roguish.... There a few outlying incidents, I'm sure....

Mbdawg
01-26-2016, 07:04 AM
Are you talking bout the textbook scandal era?

If that was "cheating", Bama is really, really bad at it.

Now, if you are talking about the Dubose years, you'd be correct.

You either have no connections to what goes on at Bama or you are again coming to an MSU board to tout "Bama is so great, we don't have to blah blah blah." The Bama network really got going in '08 and paved the way for the rest of the conference to follow its lead. The SEC office proved to each team they aren't going to rat anyone out as long as you keep the duffle bags, cars, and down payments out of public site. Even when Camgate got out, Auburn had so much dirt on Bama, AU's legal team was laughing at the threat of Cam being suspended.

As for how much goes on today at Bama, I can't say with certainty because most programs are really only focused on greasing their own Network. Except us of course.

To tie this back to OP, it's unlikely UNM gets more than a wrist slap. Even though most common fans can see they are running wild and wreckless, something more than ACT smoke and agents is going to have surface publicly for any substantial punishment to be handed down.

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2016, 09:41 AM
Ummm, so where do we differentiate on our views? I believe that's what I said and as I stated, overall their fan base is not a wealthy one. It's a few wealthy individuals that pull the strings. Those few don't amount to a wealthy fan base.

You do realize how much wealth those "few individuals" control don't you?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2016, 09:52 AM
EXACTLY! OM is doing the Bama philosophy...Cheat like hell when Saban got there win a couple of championships then you have a basis to attract recruits. Therefore no more need for cheating. The key though is to get by the cheating years unscathed. Bama did it...OM might not make it.

shannondawg
01-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Dickie say - "if we can buy judges, why not players?"

He only tried to buy them, when came to his money to pay off legitimate debts he owed.

But I have long had in the back of my mind, that recruiting really took off when he was released.

Brahmabull
01-26-2016, 11:40 AM
You have to understand that the rebels have some wealthy alums who will pony up, but where the Network separated itself is when it began recruiting funds from alumni of all ages. Doesn't matter the $ amount. Some guy maybe in for $500, another in for $5,000, etc... Then when they have a season like this past year, they squeeze a little more out of each.

Mbdawg
01-26-2016, 01:11 PM
EXACTLY! OM is doing the Bama philosophy...Cheat like hell when Saban got there win a couple of championships then you have a basis to attract recruits. Therefore no more need for cheating. The key though is to get by the cheating years unscathed. Bama did it...OM might not make it.

Bingo

RIdog
01-26-2016, 01:19 PM
You have to understand that the rebels have some wealthy alums who will pony up, but where the Network separated itself is when it began recruiting funds from alumni of all ages. Doesn't matter the $ amount. Some guy maybe in for $500, another in for $5,000, etc... Then when they have a season like this past year, they squeeze a little more out of each.

So , why aren't we doing the same since we have the blueprint ? I'd be in for a few hundred .......

PendingTransaction
01-26-2016, 01:40 PM
We can moan and groan about the reality of recruiting and still bring up the rear. For years we and UM, lagged behind the big programs. Not so much because we didn't have the means, but because we refused to acknowledge the value, thus the market was always leaving us player poor. See TBuck, DT, and Most recently Cam Newton (you can continue to blame Cam but we screwed that up). So I leave you with a little wisdom:
“There is such a gap between how one lives and how one should live that he who neglects what is being done for what should be done will learn his destruction rather than his preservation.” Machiavelli

Really Clark?
01-26-2016, 01:53 PM
We can moan and groan about the reality of recruiting and still bring up the rear. For years we and UM, lagged behind the big programs. Not so much because we didn't have the means, but because we refused to acknowledge the value, thus the market was always leaving us player poor. See TBuck, DT, and Most recently Cam Newton (you can continue to blame Cam but we screwed that up). So I leave you with a little wisdom:
“There is such a gap between how one lives and how one should live that he who neglects what is being done for what should be done will learn his destruction rather than his preservation.” Machiavelli

The wisdom that can learned from Machiavelli is to set your beliefs and treatment of others opposite from his teachings and you will live a much more fulfilled, happy and honored life. And if you have a Christian based walk it runs contrary to what he advocates and must discard much of his leanings for God's teachings. The philosphies of how to deal with politics are opposite from each other.

PendingTransaction
01-26-2016, 02:07 PM
The wisdom that can learned from Machiavelli is to set your beliefs and treatment of others opposite from his teachings and you will live a much more fulfilled, happy and honored life. And if you have a Christian based walk it runs contrary to what he advocates and must discard much of his leanings for God's teachings. The philosphies of how to deal with politics are opposite from each other.

You are absolutely correct in the teachings of Machiavelli when you compare it to the tenants of Christainity. However, my experiences in life have proven that this Machiavellian principle holds true in this word. Perhaps God will utilmate punish the world who mistreat others for personal gain. Indeed it is the root of my Christain hope. But one would have to admit that the Bamas, LSUs and UMs of this world are getting ahead. Furthermore, MSU is not free of sin, we are just committing them on a level that makes us guilty but not effective. Hugh justifies...he's helping the needy!

Really Clark?
01-26-2016, 02:20 PM
You are absolutely correct in the teachings of Machiavelli when you compare it to the tenants of Christainity. However, my experiences in life have proven that this Machiavellian principle holds true in this word. Perhaps God will utilmate punish the world who mistreat others for personal gain. Indeed it is the root of my Christain hope. But one would have to admit that the Bamas, LSUs and UMs of this world are getting ahead. Furthermore, MSU is not free of sin, we are just committing them on a level that makes us guilty but not effective. Hugh justifies...he's helping the needy!

I agree with that. And justification of improper behavior is a basic flaw with the self-righteous, Freeze seems to be a good example of that if that is his reasoning. There is line between helping someone because it's the right thing to do vs benefitting yourself for worldly gain. I don't mind someone trying to help players but his actions have proven his help mainly centers on keeping them available to play until they have gone so far that he has no choice or they can't help him succeed.

PendingTransaction
01-26-2016, 02:29 PM
I agree with that. And justification of improper behavior is a basic flaw with the self-righteous, Freeze seems to be a good example of that if that is his reasoning. There is line between helping someone because it's the right thing to do vs benefitting yourself for worldly gain. I don't mind someone trying to help players but his actions have proven his help mainly centers on keeping them available to play until they have gone so far that he has no choice or they can't help him succeed.

I agree wholeheartedly. But in this world, Hugh is the normal for getting ahead. I once hear Preacher say, "if one chooses to go to hell, go in a Royce Rolls. Don't show up in a Ford. Because once you get there, hell is Hell!"

TUSK
01-26-2016, 03:16 PM
You either have no connections to what goes on at Bama or you are again coming to an MSU board to tout "Bama is so great, we don't have to blah blah blah." The Bama network really got going in '08 and paved the way for the rest of the conference to follow its lead. The SEC office proved to each team they aren't going to rat anyone out as long as you keep the duffle bags, cars, and down payments out of public site. Even when Camgate got out, Auburn had so much dirt on Bama, AU's legal team was laughing at the threat of Cam being suspended.

As for how much goes on today at Bama, I can't say with certainty because most programs are really only focused on greasing their own Network. Except us of course.

To tie this back to OP, it's unlikely UNM gets more than a wrist slap. Even though most common fans can see they are running wild and wreckless, something more than ACT smoke and agents is going to have surface publicly for any substantial punishment to be handed down.

you don't know what you are talking about.

Mbdawg
01-27-2016, 12:18 AM
you don't know what you are talking about.

Lets race Harvey. First one to name owner of Dodge dealership out of FL funneling Chargers to Bama players wins.

Don't come to my school's board claiming anyone but Bama raised the stakes. If u didn't know, now u do.

TUSK
01-27-2016, 12:27 AM
Lets race Harvey. First one to name owner of Dodge dealership out of FL funneling Chargers to Bama players wins.

Don't come to my school's board claiming anyone but Bama raised the stakes. If u didn't know, now u do.

Dude, we talkin' bout some effin' CARS????? Lemme guess, ya thinkin' suits and fishin' trips, too, right????....

I thought you were talkin' bout straight-up, big time "cheatin'"!!!!!

get outta here with that mickey mouse horseshit....

I've givin your 4 post ass a rep point for crackin' me up....

Mbdawg
01-27-2016, 12:39 AM
Dude, we talkin' bout some effin' CARS????? Lemme guess, ya thinkin' suits and fishin' trips, too, right????....

I thought you were talkin' bout straight-up, big time "cheatin'"!!!!!

get outta here with that mickey mouse horseshit....

I've givin your 4 post ass a rep point for crackin' me up....

Just a few more posts and I'm in the Platinum club. I'm here all night.

TUSK
01-27-2016, 12:42 AM
Just a few more posts and I'm in the Platinum club. I'm here all night.

Now, that actually was funny... nice!