PDA

View Full Version : Phil Savage on what Dak Prescott will experience at the Senior Bowl this week

Out of Bounds
01-25-2016, 05:04 PM
Phil Savage, former NFL exec & exec dir of the Senior Bowl, stopped by today.
Savage took us behind the scenes and told us what he's looking for from Dak Prescott this week.

Podcast: http://*******/1g6LJdD
Out of Bounds Radio App w/Podcast: http://*******/1l69XZN

Bo Bounds
Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds

Maroons
01-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Can someone summarize? Much appreciated.

archdog
01-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Phil Savage, former NFL exec & exec dir of the Senior Bowl, stopped by today.
Savage took us behind the scenes and told us what he's looking for from Dak Prescott this week.

Out of Bounds Radio App w/Podcast: http://*******/1l69XZN

Bo Bounds
Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds

I know this is a great post and all, including the link to the podcast so we can click and listen, but that is just not going to happen with most on this board. You really need to include a breakdown on the conversation in bullet form or something. Most if not all the time I am on this board, I am either doing a quick look at work or in some other place where listening to your show just wouldn't work. So maybe, just maybe you could add a couple of the important quotes on your post.

archdog
01-25-2016, 08:05 PM
If your quotes are any good, maybe then I will go out of my way to make time to listen. But know this, I will probably not think twice about this post later because you tell me next to nothing about the actual interview other than the basic premise.

ScoobaDawg
01-25-2016, 09:45 PM
-Dak reported last night (Sunday)
-No blitzing allowed, clean it up for looks for the Qb to get. increased QB roster from 6 to 8 to give teams more on and off the field.
-Each will get a quarter. but will allow more time off the field.
-Go live on tomorrow (tuesday) down in fairhope. Shorts and shoulders. wed/thurs amplified practices. , all 3 days Qb will get lots of throws in.
-Biggest thing NFL Coaches want to see from Dak, "What is his pure throwing ability" has been in a college offense. How can he adjust to the pro elements of the Jaguar offense
and then execute on the field as a pure passer. He is seen as a better passer than Tebou---Tebow, but how much better is he. How accurate can he throw.

-Wed and Thurs are the padded practices, He did an orientation with Dak last night, and told him Football is the ultimate team sport but this is an individual game this week. These 1 on 1 reps will follow you through the Draft. Andy Reid will get a profile tape on a player, there will be 50-100 plays from his regular season, all 1 on 1 reps at senior bowl, his combine workout and then maybe his pro day workout. All of this makes up his resume on video.

-Time spent 1 on 1 NFL team meetings? , He begin last night, once processed and through physicals. Free to interview. already done 5-12 interviews last night and this morning. Once week officially begins tonight / tomm, 3 nights of formal interviews with all 32 teams and rotate through by position. Will likely be hit by at least 20 teams for interviews. More now, less have to do at combine.

- Some of the best agents will show them videos of practices to help players prepare for things teams will ask.
-Everything is evaluated, from walking through the lobby to how you interact to OTHER teams. Anything from with fans to interviews on radio row. Don't want headaches.

State82
01-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Scooba pretty much nailed it and tells you all you need to know above.

archdog
01-26-2016, 12:26 AM
-No blitzing allowed, clean it up for looks for the Qb to get. increased QB roster from 6 to 8 to give teams more on and off the field.
-Go live on tomorrow (tuesday) down in fairhope. Shorts and shoulders. wed/thurs amplified practices. , all 3 days Qb will get lots of throws in.
-Biggest thing NFL Coaches want to see from Dak, "What is his pure throwing ability" has been in a college offense. How can he adjust to the pro elements of the Jaguar offense
and then execute on the field as a pure passer. He is seen as a better passer than Tebou---Tebow, but how much better is he. How accurate can he throw.

-Wed and Thurs are the padded practices, He did an orientation with Dak last night, and told him Football is the ultimate team sport but this is an individual game this week. These 1 on 1 reps will follow you through the Draft. Andy Reid will get a profile tape on a player, there will be 50-100 plays from his regular season, all 1 on 1 reps at senior bowl, his combine workout and then maybe his pro day workout. All of this makes up his resume on video.

-Time spent 1 on 1 NFL team meetings? , He begin last night, once processed and through physicals. Free to interview. already done 5-12 interviews last night and this morning. Once week officially begins tonight / tomm, 3 nights of formal interviews with all 32 teams and rotate through by position. Will likely be hit by at least 20 teams for interviews. More now, less have to do at combine.

- Some of the best agents will show them videos of practices to help players prepare for things teams will ask.
-Everything is evaluated, from walking through the lobby to how you interact to OTHER teams. Anything from with fans to interviews on radio row. Don't want headaches.

Thanks. Well done. Bo Bounds show had all this info? I would have never known and just chaulked this up as nothing special. See what a little breakdown adds?

Leroy Jenkins
01-26-2016, 12:43 AM

So no MSU poor-mouthing?

Out of Bounds
01-26-2016, 06:55 AM
If your quotes are any good, maybe then I will go out of my way to make time to listen. But know this, I will probably not think twice about this post later because you tell me next to nothing about the actual interview other than the basic premise.

Savage did a really good job.

RC3
01-26-2016, 06:57 AM
Lolol
If bo gives you a detailed recap, he doesn't get the hit. It ain't rocket science boys

PassInterference
01-26-2016, 10:03 AM
Give it a listen. These are good interviews.

Mike Detillier(sp) was good this morning also. He talked about Dak being a better prospect than one of this year's pro bowl QBs. Also said Nkemdiche would fall to ~20 and would be completely erased from some teams boards.

DanDority
01-26-2016, 10:46 AM
I'll click the link if scooba will give me some more vcash. hahaha

In other words, "you'll have to pay me to listen to bew beewonds."

Out of Bounds
01-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks for listening Pass Interference!

RougeDawg
01-26-2016, 03:36 PM
Thanks. Well done. Bo Bounds show had all this info? I would have never known and just chaulked this up as nothing special. See what a little breakdown adds?

If you will notice, The only people who bring any substance to the show are the guests. Bo is only accurately able to elaborate on JA or Jackson Prep junior varsity football and baton twirling. The two areas he excelled in while finishing up grade school.

RougeDawg
01-26-2016, 03:38 PM

Well to Bo's defense, this is all he can actually remember. He's too busy trying to think about what ascot he's going to pickup at the Rogue on his way home and scotch to wet his palette tonight, than actually pay attention and try to learn something about sports.