PDA

View Full Version : Rutt just now on

SoJackDog
01-25-2016, 04:49 PM
In Scott County, got a nice one. Wish I could post a pic.

BeastMan
01-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Weather just now right

DownwardDawg
01-28-2016, 05:18 PM
This has been my worst season in a long time. Covington and Lawrence county hunting has been horrible. Seen a few little bucks chasing this week but that's it. I can't even find a doe walking around by herself! I'm hungry!!

SpeckleDawg
01-29-2016, 10:36 AM
It started out well for me, but that didn't last. I shot a doe on the opening weekend of bow season and an 8pt on the 2nd or 3rd weekend. I never released another arrow all season after those two. Time to start fishing...

99jc
01-31-2016, 08:57 AM
Saw a program that talked about the lack of deer sightings in Ms and Louisiana during the day, Biologist stated that the reason was not a deer shortage but that they for the most part have went nocturnal this year, they were not sure why. all I know was yesterday on Jan 30 I hunted all day saw nothing. Leaving the hunting land around 7:00 totally dark now I counted no less than 30 deer standing at the road. 3 were monster bucks.

Spiderman
02-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Saw a program that talked about the lack of deer sightings in Ms and Louisiana during the day, Biologist stated that the reason was not a deer shortage but that they for the most part have went nocturnal this year, they were not sure why. all I know was yesterday on Jan 30 I hunted all day saw nothing. Leaving the hunting land around 7:00 totally dark now I counted no less than 30 deer standing at the road. 3 were monster bucks.

I own 100 acres in one spot, then have 140 acres to hunt elsewhere. I saw one buck in daylight, and that was 2 minutes before the end of legal shooting hours. Only one I saw. In person or on 6 cameras in daylight.

On the 100 acres, I didn't see a buck, doe or fawn. Pics at night, but never saw a deer in 9 trips to hunt there. That's unreal.

My theory is there is so much corn out that they don't have to move to eat. Just hit the buffet line at night. Too easy to find food.