PDA

View Full Version : Bearsharks conceding AJ ?

RIdog
01-25-2016, 03:38 PM
See where they got a commitment from a WR from Florida (Tre Nixon) - maybe they realize AJ is not coming . :)

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-25-2016, 03:41 PM
It has been a consensus among the Ole Miss fans on the Rant for a while that they were not getting Brown, but they are getting Simmons.

maroonmania
01-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Don't think OM has ever been our real concern with AJ.

HoopsDawg
01-25-2016, 03:43 PM
See where they got a commitment from a WR from Florida (Tre Nixon) - maybe they realize AJ is not coming . :)

I realize you are joking, but that kid had a final 3 of UGA, AU, and Ole Miss. He is a Top 100 player in the country. Ole Miss is loaded with "stars" at WR with Adeboyjo, Stringfellow, Pack, Jefferson, and Lodge all 4 and 5 star guys. And they are adding Metcalf and now Nixon to this class, both 4 stars. That's 7 4 stars and up at WR.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I disagree. And this was coming from AJ himself.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2016, 03:48 PM
AJ isn't going to OM.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2016, 04:02 PM
guess he changed his mind along the way then..good for him

maroonmania
01-25-2016, 04:17 PM
I realize you are joking, but that kid had a final 3 of UGA, AU, and Ole Miss. He is a Top 100 player in the country. Ole Miss is loaded with "stars" at WR with Adeboyjo, Stringfellow, Pack, Jefferson, and Lodge all 4 and 5 star guys. And they are adding Metcalf and now Nixon to this class, both 4 stars. That's 7 4 stars and up at WR.

Yep, the NCAA issues sure aren't slowing them down that's for sure.

Coach34
01-25-2016, 04:41 PM
guess he changed his mind along the way then..good for him

There was nothing to change. They were never in it.

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2016, 04:52 PM
There was nothing to change. They were never in it.

What are the odds we get him?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2016, 04:54 PM
Well I am going to have to get him then because he lied to me....lol

Taog Redloh
01-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Yeah we aren't doing a great job of getting the Ole Miss conspiracy out into the media because, bottom line, they are killing it on the recruiting trail right now. For those of you that say they always do, no, this is different, and at a different level. I hope this infamous alleged probation comes soon, because ain't nobody in their camp too worried about it right now.

Who cares though, MSU is fine and it really doesn't concern them. We need to keep doing our thing.

GreenheadDawg
01-25-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm not gonna lie. Their offense is gonna be downright nasty the next few years. Loaded w/ high end talent at WR with Kelly coming back and then Patterson stepping in. I gave my OM buddies a lot of shit over them sucking Pattersons dick but after seeing him In the all-star game, color me impressed. Dude has a ****ing rocket for an arm. Mullen better step his game up because they are killing it right now and the basically telling the NCAA to suck it

HSVDawg
01-25-2016, 05:14 PM

Ole Miss has studs at WR every year. That's kind of been their calling card, much like having stud LB's and RB's (until this year at least on the RB's) has been our calling card.

mic
01-25-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm not gonna lie. Their offense is gonna be downright nasty the next few years. Loaded w/ high end talent at WR with Kelly coming back and then Patterson stepping in. I gave my OM buddies a lot of shit over them sucking Pattersons dick but after seeing him In the all-star game, color me impressed. Dude has a ****ing rocket for an arm. Mullen better step his game up because they are killing it right now and the basically telling the NCAA to suck it

If and when we get AJ, our WR's top to bottom > than theirs ...

Jack Lambert
01-25-2016, 05:27 PM

Ole Miss has become a graveyard for QB's coming out of high school. Hell they had two 4 Star QB's that did not get developed and they had to bring in Kelly. With Patterson going to Ole Miss he is as good as he is going to be. No development for him. His talent will be wasted. I would not be surprise if Ole Miss doesn't sign another Juco QB next year and Patterson transfers.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2016, 05:27 PM
Im trying to understand some of our fanbase's mindset. Has a single bear reporter/propaganda spokesman predicted or even thought that the bears have a serious shot at AJ? Have they even trolled us by predicting him to Bama?

I only get some bear info from an old buddy of mine, so someone who listens to the bears would have to tell me who is predicting this? My guess is no one, yet we have some thinking they are conceding him? Just an odd mindset.

djaymsu5
01-25-2016, 05:34 PM
I see nobody said anything different about Eric Nies comment about Simmons. Is he Ole Miss bound?

Dawg496
01-25-2016, 05:36 PM
I see nobody said anything different about Eric Nies comment about Simmons. Is he Ole Miss bound?

Can you expand on who that is and what he said?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2016, 05:40 PM
I am not buying that at all....Have you checked their roster lately?

sandwolf
01-25-2016, 06:00 PM
Im trying to understand some of our fanbase's mindset. Has a single bear reporter/propaganda spokesman predicted or even thought that the bears have a serious shot at AJ? Have they even trolled us by predicting him to Bama?

I only get some bear info from an old buddy of mine, so someone who listens to the bears would have to tell me who is predicting this? My guess is no one, yet we have some thinking they are conceding him? Just an odd mindset.

This was posted on the 247 board a couple of hours ago:

Paul, What do you make of Neal McCready's prediction on AJ Brown. He says Bama/OM .
Copy of his OM recruit predictions below:

Here are my weekly recruiting predictions if today were National Signing Day:

RB D'Vaughn Pennamon -- Ole Miss

WR AJ Brown -- Alabama/Ole Miss (As of right now, it's not MSU)

WR Mykel Jones -- Ole Miss

WR Tre Nixon -- Georgia

WR Quartez Davis -- Texas A&M

WR Nate Craig-Myers -- Auburn

OL Royce Newman -- Ole Miss

OL Gentle Williams -- California

DL Jeffery Simmons -- Ole Miss

DL Jonathan Kongbo -- Tennessee

DL Rashan Gary -- Michigan

DL Terrell Hall -- Alabama (Ole Miss gets a shot this weekend; the Rebels will have to be perfect)

DL Kobe Jones -- Mississippi State (Ole Miss has a real chance here; local pressure is a major issue)

LB Keith Simms -- North Carolina (Ole Miss gets one shot to steal him)

LB Mique Juarez -- UCLA (I just can't make myself predict Ole Miss when the parents have never seen the campus; Ole Miss has done a great job recruiting him)

DB Deontay Anderson -- Ole Miss

DB Shyheim Carter -- Ole Miss

DB Carlos Becker -- Florida State

DB Kyle Meyers -- Florida State

DB Nigel Knott -- Alabama

So assuming that is accurate, the answer to your question is yes.

GreenheadDawg
01-25-2016, 06:20 PM
With all due respect, McCready doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's talking about. He's just guessing.

Spiderman
01-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Yep, the NCAA issues sure aren't slowing them down that's for sure.

Sho don't seem like it.

Like I said yesterday, their coaches are laughing it off.

Political Hack
01-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Sho don't seem like it.

Like I said yesterday, their coaches are laughing it off.

Reminds me of the Burger King commercial.

"10 nuggets for $1.49? Hahahaha"

Spiderman
01-25-2016, 08:32 PM
I'm confused.. is that McCready's predictions, or Paul's?

Bullybaroo
01-25-2016, 08:34 PM
If and when we get AJ, our WR's top to bottom > than theirs ...

I agree to an extent. Ross is as good as any they have left now not having seen Jefferson or Lodge. I think Lodge may have played some in mop up, but I did not see him and am not sure about that. AJ is in a class by himself. AJ is definitely better than DK. If we sign him, we'll be fine at the WR position. I just hope one of our QB's steps it up to get them the ball.

sandwolf
01-25-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm confused.. is that McCready's predictions, or Paul's?

Those are McCready's predictions......the poster was asking Paul what he thought about them.

sandwolf
01-25-2016, 09:25 PM
With all due respect, McCready doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's talking about. He's just guessing.

I am not saying he does. I was simply responding to HCD's question...

Spiderman
01-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Those are McCready's predictions......the poster was asking Paul what he thought about them.

ok thanks. Any idea of Paul's answer?

Rosebowl was speaking to the 120 in Jackson tonight. I couldn't make it and hate it because it should be entertaining if nothing else.

sandwolf
01-25-2016, 09:29 PM
Rosebowl was speaking to the 120 in Jackson tonight. I couldn't make it and hate it because it should be entertaining if nothing else.

Yea, I had to keep the kid tonight, so I couldn't make it either.....I actually enjoyed it last year when he spoke.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Did Rosebowl really say that he thinks Bama leads for AJ on his podcast?

TUSK
01-25-2016, 10:29 PM
I know I'm gonna get straight up ROASTED for this, but I believe that AJ will be among Bammer's top 5 or 6 WRs by mid season 2016...

oh, don't ask....

Spiderman
01-25-2016, 10:30 PM

Not sure, didn't listen, but, although derided, I'm hearing the same

sandwolf
01-25-2016, 10:38 PM

I didn't listen to it, but someone told me he said that.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2016, 10:45 PM
I didn't listen to it, but someone told me he said that.

I think all that is left is for PreacherMatt to declare that we have no shot, and AJ is ours.

djaymsu5
01-25-2016, 11:15 PM
Can you expand on who that is and what he said?

The guy that posted 2nd on this thread. His name is Eric Nies Grind Time. He mentioned Simmons was going to Ole Miss and nobody said otherwise so I was wondering is he an ole miss lock?

EnterpriseDawg
01-25-2016, 11:47 PM
I just don't understand why we have been so terrible recruiting this year coming off our best two year stretch ever. We are being out recruited by just about everyone in the SEC. If we lose out on our big targets and end up with a class of all three stars it will be an embarrassment imo.

civildawg
01-25-2016, 11:51 PM
Our staff sucks at recruiting. It's that simple

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2016, 11:53 PM
I just don't understand why we have been so terrible recruiting this year coming off our best two year stretch ever. We are being out recruited by just about everyone in the SEC. If we lose out on our big targets and end up with a class of all three stars it will be an embarrassment imo.

With all due respect, until signing day, this is an irrelevant and stupid discussion. It's makes zero difference where we rank right now.

EnterpriseDawg
01-25-2016, 11:57 PM
With all due respect, until signing day, this is an irrelevant and stupid discussion. It's makes zero difference where we rank right now.

I understand your position and you're right. Just a lot of last minute decisions to make or break this class. Just unsettling.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2016, 12:00 AM
I understand your position and you're right. Just a lot of last minute decisions to make or break this class. Just unsettling.

No doubt it's unsettling, but the point remains. Until after signing day, judging classes is irrelevant

EnterpriseDawg
01-26-2016, 12:11 AM
Got your point. Just shouldn't be waiting on so many pieces this late in the process. I've only been following recruiting for about 5-6 years and usually it's one or two on signing day. Not this damn many. Hopefully it all works out and my post make me look stupid lol.