PDA

View Full Version : BYU game in Provo moved to Friday night 10/14

nsvltndog
01-25-2016, 12:12 PM
I was hoping when I checked the schedule that I would find us playing an easy home non-conference game the Saturday before, but we have Auburn at Davis Wade. I would expect us to be asking ESPN and the conference office for an early kick time for that one.

LC Dawg
01-25-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't like this. State fans shouldn't have to decide between attending our local high school football game and watching the Bulldogs on tv. I guess it could be a later kickoff because it's out west but I still don't like it. Just my opinion.

Big4Dawg
01-25-2016, 12:39 PM
BYU is playing @ Michigan State the week before FWIW

PassInterference
01-25-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't like this. State fans shouldn't have to decide between attending our local high school football game and watching the Bulldogs on tv.

If only there were some kind of recording device to delay viewing of live events.

Dawg61
01-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Just another reason it was stupid to schedule this game

Johnson85
01-25-2016, 01:16 PM

I think we were pretty much screwed by the SEC requiring a power 5 OOC game without giving enough notice. BYU was pretty much the only option and even then required a waiver.

You'd think normally with non-power 5 schools we could ensure we don't get screwed with a non-saturday game, or at least a non-saturday game unless it's preceded by a bye week or a cupcake.

sandwolf
01-25-2016, 01:17 PM

From what I understand, we really didn't have very many options.

Joe Schmedlap
01-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Oh, but let's please schedule Tulane again in the future.

thf24
01-25-2016, 01:42 PM
I don't like this. State fans shouldn't have to decide between attending our local high school football game and watching the Bulldogs on tv. I guess it could be a later kickoff because it's out west but I still don't like it. Just my opinion.

You say that like we're the only team who's ever had to play a game on Friday night.

LC Dawg
01-25-2016, 02:03 PM
You say that like we're the only team who's ever had to play a game on Friday night.

You are correct. This puts us in the category with a lot of Conference USA teams.

LC Dawg
01-25-2016, 02:09 PM
If only there were some kind of recording device to delay viewing of live events.
I'm aware you can record games and view them later but I prefer to watch live. That's why I said in my post that it was my opinion. If you want to congratulate Stricklin for us playing on the same night as C-USA, the MAC, and the AAC that would be your opinion.

thf24
01-25-2016, 02:15 PM
You are correct. This puts us in the category with a lot of Conference USA teams.

Not even including rivalry weekend, 13 P5 teams played on Friday last year, including Florida State, Michigan State, Baylor, Stanford, and USCw.

Mjoelner34
01-25-2016, 02:17 PM
We should re-schedule our home game with them to Sunday.

Taog Redloh
01-25-2016, 02:21 PM
This was GREAT scheduling, even before this news. Now, we get a prime TV spot for it.

I'm guessing that you are unaware of the current OOC scheduling rule put in place by the SEC?

LC Dawg
01-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Not even including rivalry weekend, 13 P5 teams played on Friday last year, including Florida State, Michigan State, Baylor, Stanford, and USCw.
I still would rather not play on Friday. Maybe I'm just moving into the blue hairs category and I just don't like change. Had to happen to me eventually.

Political Hack
01-25-2016, 02:32 PM
This year's schedule was a major blunder no matter how you slice it. This should never happen to an sec school.

Are we the only school that allowed the P5 scheduling mandate bite us in the ass to the run of 6 home games? If so, that shows how well we managed vs the other schools.

mic
01-25-2016, 02:36 PM
This year's schedule was a major blunder no matter how you slice it. This should never happen to an sec school.

Are we the only school that allowed the P5 scheduling mandate bite us in the ass to the run of 6 home games? If so, that shows how well we managed vs the other schools.

Exactly......

Taog Redloh
01-25-2016, 02:40 PM

The problem was getting games we could win. We've had a road game on the schedule every year for a while, and we had to have known that the P5 opponents would demand a return game. We could have gone on the road or a gotten a neutral site opponent pretty easily, but the AD wanted Ws. I don't blame them.

Some of you can bitch about anything.

Jack Lambert
01-25-2016, 02:48 PM
We should re-schedule our home game with them to Sunday.

Then that would be one game we miss out on. We would be cutting off our own dicks with that call. It's not about Money with BYU.

Reason2succeed
01-25-2016, 02:53 PM
This is what happens when you are a member of the most powerful football conference. Teams like USM and now BYU are going to screw with you and seek every advantage and inconvenience when playing you. Hell, they're probably STILL having nightmares of Dicenzo Miller running for touchdowns in Provo.

Political Hack
01-25-2016, 03:07 PM
The problem was getting games we could win. We've had a road game on the schedule every year for a while, and we had to have known that the P5 opponents would demand a return game. We could have gone on the road or a gotten a neutral site opponent pretty easily, but the AD wanted Ws. I don't blame them.

Some of you can bitch about anything.

Losing a home game isn't worth bitching about?

Note: It appears you may have accidentally wondered onto an SEC message board.

TUSK
01-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Unless there are really special circumstances:

1) Don't play OOC away from home.
2) Don't play games on any day other than Saturday.

no..... just don't.

MadDawg
01-25-2016, 03:48 PM

no..... just don't.

This kind of feels like Donald Trump telling you how to spend the money on your EBT card.

Johnson85
01-25-2016, 04:32 PM

It was a major blunder, but was it not a leftover from LT signing a contract that left a home game trailing that far behind and with a minor buyout clause?

Taog Redloh
01-25-2016, 04:44 PM

no..... just don't.
We have come full circle, now the elitist bammer is telling us how we should feel about our own damn team.

Truth shot - no one cares. Go watch the rewind of the Saban parade and beat off.

Taog Redloh
01-25-2016, 04:46 PM
It was a major blunder, but was it not a leftover from LT signing a contract that left a home game trailing that far behind and with a minor buyout clause?
Of course. So the blunder is on LT, not Stricklin.

In Stricklin's case it would make it a great job of picking up the pieces.

Dawg61
01-25-2016, 05:16 PM
This was GREAT scheduling, even before this news. Now, we get a prime TV spot for it.

I'm guessing that you are unaware of the current OOC scheduling rule put in place by the SEC?

Great scheduling? You drunk on Monday huh. Never is it even adequate scheduling to play BYU in Utah. Now we've got to play on a night reserved for the WAC and MAC. Garbage scheduling.

thf24
01-25-2016, 05:22 PM
This kind of feels like Donald Trump telling you how to spend the money on your EBT card.

More like Donald Trump telling an EBT card holder how to shop for a jet.

Political Hack
01-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Had Strick appropriately managed the situation we wouldn't be in this situation. We play at UMass and BYU. Why don't we go ahead and travel to New Mexico State and Idaho? We have about the same amount of exposure there... And lord knows we need to tackle that recruiting ground. ****

This is a cluster of a schedule from top to bottom. The Ok State game almost cost us a bowl streak a few years ago and now we get this shit show in 2016. There's no excuse.

War Machine Dawg
01-25-2016, 08:43 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4IpjFOn.gif
http://i.imgur.com/IUfGOh9.gif

TUSK
01-25-2016, 09:56 PM
We have come full circle, now the elitist bammer is telling us how we should feel about our own damn team.

Truth shot - no one cares. Go watch the rewind of the Saban parade and beat off.

See Mad Dawg earlier post....

By the way, I'm tired of beatin' off to "Saban", "National Championships", and "parades"....

My only hope is that Bammer.... errrr, I mean the "SEC" annexes a small, tight, all girls, Asian College...