PDA

View Full Version : Our girls need to learn how to shoot

mparkerfd20
01-24-2016, 07:15 PM
They are godawful!

Mjoelner34
01-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Every shot we took over 8 feet looked like they were heaving a 20 pound weight in the air instead of shooting a basketball.

Big4Dawg
01-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Agree. It's really bad. Half the shots they throw up don't even have a chance. In the 4 out of 5 games I've watched (Texas, Mizzou, OM, UGA, and today) we shot awful. And I keep seeing "they just had an off-night". It looks like an off-night is 4 out of the last 5 games, it seems like you're just bad at scoring.

gravedigger
01-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Yes because they couldnt before tonight.

mstatefan91
01-24-2016, 07:52 PM
That's the worst shooting performance I've seen from our girls in two years. I don't go to every game but I go to 80% of the home games and watch them on TV otherwise (if it's available).

Bad night of shooting from both teams though. The difference was the easy lay ups for USC when they beat our defense.

Bucky Dog
01-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Have they now lost 3 of their last 4?

klong-dog
01-24-2016, 08:30 PM
No, they shot it even worse at Georgia the other day. About the same at Missouri.

shannondawg
01-24-2016, 08:30 PM
I think the difference tonight, we didn't get anything out of our freshmen Holmes and McCowan. Especially McCowan, zero points. I think the team holds off on shooting deference to Vivens.

I was sitting on row 1 right on the baseline, behind the bench. It seemed to me the refs decided that the #2 team needed to win. Cause on both trips under the goal there were definite fouls and none called, could have made the difference.

Mjoelner34
01-24-2016, 08:38 PM
I haven't seen that many missed shots since Costner rode out in front of a bunch of Confederates!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--IegVPYajd8/U4M15WlrUvI/AAAAAAAAIa0/CM8tTLilTUE/s1600/DancesWithWolves02.jpg

It_Could_Happen
01-25-2016, 02:59 AM
You people do realize we played the #2 team in the nation right? Williams is an all-American and will probably be your player of the year and Wilson is the best rim protecter in the college game. Study up before you start complaining. There is a reason nobody beats them or UCONN, and we came as close as anybody will.

klong-dog
01-25-2016, 05:48 AM
I think you mean Mitchell is an All American. What's the excuse against Ga? We had 14 points at the half.

DanDority
01-25-2016, 09:58 AM
You people do realize we played the #2 team in the nation right? Williams is an all-American and will probably be your player of the year and Wilson is the best rim protecter in the college game. Study up before you start complaining. There is a reason nobody beats them or UCONN, and we came as close as anybody will.

It becomes obvious when you read a thread on any message board that the majority of the posters are ignorant of the subject matter on which they speak.

Mjoelner34
01-25-2016, 10:17 AM
It becomes obvious when you read a thread on any message board that the majority of the posters are ignorant of the subject matter on which they speak.

So 27.1% is a good shooting percentage? Ummm. Ok.

chainedup_Dawg
01-25-2016, 10:27 AM
We had several good looks in space along with a number of layups and a few put backs that we just simply missed. Not because South Carolina is South Carolina but because we just simply missed them. There were a ton of times last night i said "nope" as soon as the ball left the shooter's hand and it wasn't because they were well defended

Big4Dawg
01-25-2016, 10:37 AM
We had several good looks in space along with a number of layups and a few put backs that we just simply missed. Not because South Carolina is South Carolina but because we just simply missed them. There were a ton of times last night i said "nope" as soon as the ball left the shooter's hand and it wasn't because they were well defended

Probably because it looked like they were trying to shot a bowling ball

Big4Dawg
01-25-2016, 10:41 AM
nm

DanDority
01-25-2016, 11:13 AM
So 27.1% is a good shooting percentage? Ummm. Ok.

If you are playing against someone who is faster, stronger, and who is older and more mature than you are that's about what I would expect. The good thing is USCw scored less than they usually do. Our D was more than they are used to seeing.