CJDAWG85
01-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Oops... Posted at the same time.

mic
01-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Must be very quiet there....

STATEBALLIN
01-24-2016, 05:47 PM
He was completely screwed by umiss. Only to flip him for the fun of it.

mic
01-24-2016, 05:57 PM
If this had happened at MSU , with all that went down.. Freeze throwing the kid under the bus, lying about the reason he left the team, Ect... ...
It would make front page of the CL...

Lets see how they spin this , or better yet not even covered..

msstate7
01-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Om's secondary wasn't good this year. If he couldn't cut it there, we all melted for no good reason when he flipped.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Om's secondary wasn't good this year. If he couldn't cut it there, we all melted for no good reason when he flipped.

Agree... but Freeze not being called on his bullshit excuse for not playing the kid not being questioned or ridiculed by the media says a lot.

f Mullen had said and done the same he would be called Satan and crucified in the press. Especially the Yancy's and McCready's of the world

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 06:12 PM

Maybe. But I'm not sure he ever bought in at UNM because it wasn't where he wanted to go. That can play a big part in a certain players performances as well.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Maybe. But I'm not sure he ever bought in at UNM because it wasn't where he wanted to go. That can play a big part in a certain players performances as well.

Agree also

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Shit pisses me off. Freeze used that kid just to get to MSU, & the only one that paid the price was Tee. That phony bucked toothed hypocrite.

maroonmania
01-24-2016, 06:24 PM
He was completely screwed by umiss. Only to flip him for the fun of it.

Well, I'm sure he got his payday for signing so doubt he was completely screwed.

shoeless joe
01-24-2016, 06:44 PM
While I agree with the sentiment the kid made his own decision. If you make decisions for the wrong reasons it's likely to not be what you expected or wanted.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Shit pisses me off. Freeze used that kid just to get to MSU, & the only one that paid the price was Tee. That phony bucked toothed hypocrite.

Well the kid made his choice

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 07:03 PM

He's a kid. Freeze is supposed to be an adult with character.

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 07:05 PM

Correction. The kids father made the choice.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 07:07 PM

Agree

Big4Dawg
01-24-2016, 07:11 PM
Just glad he got the house he always wanted.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 07:17 PM

Agree also

RougeDawg
01-24-2016, 07:31 PM

Freeze has character similar to Jimmy Swaggart. He's more of a "do as I say, not as I do" type of snake.

Brahmabull
01-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Well, as bad as it sucked for us on signing day, the kid probably made more from his dad's decision than he will ever make from football. The sad part is Tee probably saw very little.

dawgoneyall
01-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Wasn't there some rumor about the savior and high school girls at Briarcrest?

oldjoedawg
01-24-2016, 08:03 PM
This!

miketice
01-24-2016, 08:08 PM

I just can't find it in to feel sorry for him.Not even a little. In fact I'm glad it didn't work out. Is that wrong ( Rhetorical question. I really don't care)?

TrapGame
01-24-2016, 08:11 PM

And that's why I want the NCAA to come down hard on them. I want Freeze's hypocrite ass exposed.

State82
01-24-2016, 08:20 PM

Which makes him and Freeze two peas in a pod. POS

bulldawg28
01-24-2016, 09:15 PM

We definitely would have utilized him.

Jack Lambert
01-24-2016, 09:18 PM
I just can't find it in to feel sorry for him.Not even a little. In fact I'm glad it didn't work out. Is that wrong ( Rhetorical question. I really don't care)?

Yeah he used them as much as they use him. He probably came out ahead. Free legal advise, free *****, free spice and a free trip to some poor country with a nice beach.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-24-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm sure he got paid on both ends....the beginning, and again when it ended.

Bdawg
01-24-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm sure he got paid on both ends....the beginning, and again when it ended.

Guess this is why we never here about stories like his. Must be getting a nice parting gift. If I were in his situation and treated like he was, I would be more than happy to tell my story and what went on. Guess the gifts are held over their heads?

confucius say
01-24-2016, 09:59 PM
Wasn't his story that he just didn't want to play football anymore but was going to stay at mississippi and just go to school? GTFO with that crap story

HSVDawg
01-24-2016, 10:12 PM

He was like 19 or 20 years old when he signed with OM. No longer a kid by any remote stretch.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 10:17 PM
He was like 19 or 20 years old when he signed with OM. No longer a kid by any remote stretch.

It doesn't matter. Hugh Freeze claims to be a Godly man...that's the point. I expect less responsibility from an 18-20 year old than a Reverend that spends 90% of his time talking about how Godly he & his staff are

BayouDawg
01-24-2016, 10:32 PM
It doesn't matter. Hugh Freeze claims to be a Godly man...that's the point. I expect less responsibility from an 18-20 year old than a Reverend that spends 90% of his time talking about how Godly he & his staff are

freezus is exactly what Jesus was referring to in Matthew 7:15 when he talks about false prophets being wolves in sheep's clothing, or beavers in sheep's clothing in this case

Dawg61
01-24-2016, 11:50 PM
Wasn't there some rumor about the savior and high school girls at Briarcrest?

Lol this rumor has been alive since Bucky took the job at UM. He supposedly dipped into the high school ink when he was coaching at Briarcrest. Proof could be supplied if it ever was pushed hard enough. Just what I've always heard so no idea if true or not.

mic
01-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Lol this rumor has been alive since Bucky took the job at UM. He supposedly dipped into the high school ink when he was coaching at Briarcrest. Proof could be supplied if it ever was pushed hard enough. Just what I've always heard so no idea if true or not.

It be true...

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2016, 09:50 AM

I've heard the same from someone who went to the school at that time.

It'll all come back on him at some point.

starkvegasdawg
01-25-2016, 09:55 AM

Oh it's true. Here's the birth announcement.

https://abdopub.s3.amazonaws.com/9781604530223_general.jpg

HSVDawg
01-25-2016, 01:31 PM

I don't disagree but acting like Ole Miss only signed him to stick it to MSU is a stupid assertion. Kid was ranked #1 at his position coming out of high school, and all indications were his previous issues were only related to academics.

Political Hack
01-25-2016, 03:10 PM
If this had happened at MSU , with all that went down.. Freeze throwing the kid under the bus, lying about the reason he left the team, Ect... ...
It would make front page of the CL...

Lets see how they spin this , or better yet not even covered..

Zero doubt about that. It would be the opening story on College Football Live. "Deaf student athlete forced to transfer from Miss St?" would be scrolling across the bottom line.

Our Ath Dept needs to hire a media relations company in the worst kind of way.

mic
01-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Zero doubt about that. It would be the opening story on College Football Live. "Deaf student athlete forced to transfer from Miss St?" would be scrolling across the bottom line.

Our Ath Dept needs to hire a media relations company in the worst kind of way.

That would result in us having to spend $$$ ...

Does anyone know if ther is a story in the CL or DJ about this today??.

Op4isabitch
01-25-2016, 03:43 PM
mic, the CL has a little blurb about Tee transfering to Miami OH. Of course no uproar involved. Typical CL type crap.

mic
01-25-2016, 04:28 PM
mic, the CL has a little blurb about Tee transfering to Miami OH. Of course no uproar involved. Typical CL type crap.

Shocker...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-04-2016, 11:32 AM
I feel this needs to be bumped so it won't be forgotten as it points to the type of people that are running things in Oxford. If they won't support someone in true need, then it just goes to show even more how fake they are.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-football-recruiting/2016/1/25/10823510/tee-shepard-transfer-miami-redhawks

"Chuck Martin recruited me out of HS when I was at Notre Dame for a short period of time. Knowing that I have one year to play, possibly two, I figure I would need to go play for someone that I can trust and believing in me and support my hearing on the field."

Bothrops
05-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Another Ole Miss player, and another money deal. This one was just as obvious to me as the Tunsil get.

Johnson85
05-04-2016, 12:58 PM

I imagine coaching plays a bigger part when you are trying to teach a guy that's deaf. Not sure Townsend would have been any different, but assuming he's still the same athlete that he was before he got injured, it was probably more important for Tee than most kids to go where there was a good fit between him, the staff, and maybe most importantly, the staff's scheme.

MetEdDawg
05-04-2016, 01:04 PM
I imagine coaching plays a bigger part when you are trying to teach a guy that's deaf. Not sure Townsend would have been any different, but assuming he's still the same athlete that he was before he got injured, it was probably more important for Tee than most kids to go where there was a good fit between him, the staff, and maybe most importantly, the staff's scheme.

Here's the big thing and it ties directly to this. How on planet Earth did Tunsil, Treadwell, and Nkemdiche all fall as far as they did? There's only one thing they were all exposed to and that's poor coaching/skill development. These were the best at their position coming into college and yes they were very talented, but they have huge holes in their game. Why? Poor coaching and Tee got that first hand.

You aren't going to see many OM guys come from this staff and be successful NFL players. But look at ours already. Preston Smith, John Banks, Darius Slay, Gabe Jackson. All of these are impact guys right now. Now we will see who all sticks from this year and even some guys from last year that recover from injuries like a B Mac. But now we have Dak, Chris Jones, Redmond, and all the free agent guys that I think can find a place and stick around. The OM 1st rounders will find some success, but it's not a coincidence that we are putting in guys that are finding NFL homes and sticking around a decent amount of time.

Tbonewannabe
05-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Here's the big thing and it ties directly to this. How on planet Earth did Tunsil, Treadwell, and Nkemdiche all fall as far as they did? There's only one thing they were all exposed to and that's poor coaching/skill development. These were the best at their position coming into college and yes they were very talented, but they have huge holes in their game. Why? Poor coaching and Tee got that first hand.

You aren't going to see many OM guys come from this staff and be successful NFL players. But look at ours already. Preston Smith, John Banks, Darius Slay, Gabe Jackson. All of these are impact guys right now. Now we will see who all sticks from this year and even some guys from last year that recover from injuries like a B Mac. But now we have Dak, Chris Jones, Redmond, and all the free agent guys that I think can find a place and stick around. The OM 1st rounders will find some success, but it's not a coincidence that we are putting in guys that are finding NFL homes and sticking around a decent amount of time.

All three of those guys could have went to Northeast Community College and still been drafted in the 1st round. UM didn't do anything for them. Treadwell even said as much about he has untapped potential since he didn't get very much coaching wise. I can understand if Bear or Chris Jones says they have potential since they haven't been playing football that long but Treadwell was one of the most polished WR coming out of high school and he didn't really look any different his junior year compared to his freshman year.

MetEdDawg
05-04-2016, 01:16 PM
All three of those guys could have went to Northeast Community College and still been drafted in the 1st round. UM didn't do anything for them. Treadwell even said as much about he has untapped potential since he didn't get very much coaching wise. I can understand if Bear or Chris Jones says they have potential since they haven't been playing football that long but Treadwell was one of the most polished WR coming out of high school and he didn't really look any different his junior year compared to his freshman year.

Exactly. Bear played like a year of football in high school. Now he's vying to make the Pats roster. Same for Chris Jones. Was an unrated played when he committed as a senior and was told he couldn't play C-USA football. Now he's a 2nd round draft pick. But RN and Treadwell were both the #1 players at their position and they still have holes in their game that OM did nothing to help. Hell RN is getting drafted on potential because he played 85% of OM snaps and had the same stats as Chris Jones over their careers and played like only 50% of snaps.And like you said Treadwell even said he has a lot to learn because he didn't learn much about his route tree at OM.