PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Couch

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Stay tuned, but I think we might get good news outta him today. Just passing it on. I want him to have his moment, so It's just hearsay as of now. Would be a really good pick up.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Couch-68832

starkvegasdawg
01-24-2016, 11:01 AM
Very impressive offer list. Would be a huge pickup.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 11:02 AM
Says athlete, where we wanting him at, WR?

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:03 AM
Says athlete, where we wanting him at, WR?

Yes WR

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Yes WR

Must be true then to what I'm hearing that AJ is gone

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Another 4* kid.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-24-2016, 11:12 AM
why you say that?

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2016, 11:12 AM

One has nothing to do with the other.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 11:13 AM

Have you ever had info that wasn't pessimistic as hell? All my om friends that keep up with recruiting all say aj to state in addition to all the best recruiting guys here. Bama fans on tRant think they're getting aj, but they think they're getting everyone

Oh and I think Ronnie turner may the insurance policy certainly not 2 4* wr's

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:16 AM

Totally untrue. Couch has nothing to do with AJ. Good grief

CrookedLetta
01-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Cadaver is a paid GP member. He steals info from Steve and posts it here.

Op4isabitch
01-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Don't want. Only a 3 star ****

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:21 AM

No I'm not. I have a friend that can get me info from there if I want it, but I 100% do not have a GP membership. Good try though.

Why are you even saying this? Did Gene say something today about Couch too?

If you want to pump Genespage so bad, why are you here? I have a 247 membership, & in case u didn't know, Steve & Gene aren't always the first to know things. Baaah

msstate7
01-24-2016, 11:23 AM
No I'm not. I have a friend that can get me info from there if I want it, but I 100% do not have a GP membership. Good try though.

Aren't we the only school that couch has set up an OV to? Pretty easy to see the writing on the wall

CrookedLetta
01-24-2016, 11:23 AM

Steve said something this morning. And I'm not a paid member either, I get the info from a friend.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Steve said something this morning. And I'm not a paid member either, I get the info from a friend.

Well then why in the hell would you say I'm a paid member? I don't get my info from Steve...and if I do, I ALWAYS preface it with "Steve is saying...", bc I don't want it to come back on me if it's incorrect.

Don't be throwing out false accusations without checking your facts first.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Don't want. Only a 3 star ****

Kids a 4* on 3 out of the 4 sites. I know you was joking but just putting it out there.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Kids a 4* on 3 out of the 4 sites. I know you was joking but just putting it out there.

Why isn't he a 4* composite then?

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2016, 11:28 AM
If you read the tea leaves, this commit is obvious.

HoopsDawg
01-24-2016, 11:28 AM

4 TEs in one class. Interesting.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:29 AM
If you read the tea leaves, this commit is obvious.

Exactly. Doesn't take a pay site to know this was coming.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 11:30 AM

Not sure if couch is a te or not, but I like the idea of mixing in double te sets going forward at times

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Couch is a WR

Jacksondevildog
01-24-2016, 11:33 AM
Couch was a take for FSU. I'll take that everyday.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 11:34 AM

I think he's a Bear clone. I'm not predicting the same success but I'm predicting he stays at WR.

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 11:39 AM

It won't be 4 TE's. May end up just one or two when they get in and start training. Couch had been recruited strictly as a WR

miketice
01-24-2016, 11:43 AM

Come on Rosebowl you're better than this

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:45 AM
Come on Rosebowl you're better than this

Haha well done

MabenMaroon
01-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Coach Mullen just tweeted #clanga

BrunswickDawg
01-24-2016, 11:56 AM
It won't be 4 TE's. May end up just one or two when they get in and start training. Couch had been recruited strictly as a WR
Roberson played mostly WR the 2nd half of the season.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Have you ever had info that wasn't pessimistic as hell? All my om friends that keep up with recruiting all say aj to state in addition to all the best recruiting guys here. Bama fans on tRant think they're getting aj, but they think they're getting everyone

Oh and I think Ronnie turner may the insurance policy certainly not 2 4* wr's

Pessimistic? if you want sunshine pumped up your ass go to Gene's. All I said is if what I've been hearing, which comes from a person that should have some inkling of of the situation.

I won't state an opinion unless I believe it to be true, or at least more credible than most of what you hear.

Again, unlike most, I don't post and argue something unless i know something about it.

I say this with 100% certainty, I have no idea where AJ goes.

But as of now, according to one that is close to the situation, it doesn't look good for State right now.

Realism isn't pessimism.

HoopsDawg
01-24-2016, 12:01 PM
I think he's a Bear clone. I'm not predicting the same success but I'm predicting he stays at WR.

I don't know when we became obsessed with the idea of X receiver. Yes, it's nice to have some size out there but give me 6'1 with speed over 6'4 and 4.7 all day.

HoopsDawg
01-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Roberson played mostly WR the 2nd half of the season.

Just my opinion but I don't think Roberson, Couch or Jones have the speed or quickness to play outside WR and we know Thomas is a TE.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 12:03 PM
I don't know when we became obsessed with the idea of X receiver. Yes, it's nice to have some size out there but give me 6'1 with speed over 6'4 and 4.7 all day.

Why not both? We already have several 6'0's with speed...we need another big WR. Are you seriously acting like Bear's size wasn't a huge advantage for us the last few years?

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Pessimistic? if you want sunshine pumped up your ass go to Gene's. All I said is if what I've been hearing, which comes from a person that should have some inkling of of the situation.

I won't state an opinion unless I believe it to be true, or at least more credible than most of what you hear.

Again, unlike most, I don't post and argue something unless i know something about it.

But as of now, according to one that is close to the situation, it doesn't look good for State right now.

Realism isn't pessimism.

I don't think people are doubting you because u think AJ might go elsewhere....I think it has more to do with you acting like Couch's commitment has anything to do with AJ. They are totally different WR's.

If you have a source that is good enough to know that we won't get AJ, then surely it's good enough to tell you that Couch & AJ won't play the same WR position.

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 12:06 PM

Realism isn't pessimism.

I think the problem is people who also have great sources and have been proven reliable are saying something different. You may have a great source and be right. You WILL be questioned because people who we know over time are very accurate are not saying what you are about the situation. Don't get bent because you haven't been here long enough for people to trust you over people who have proven themselves.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:11 PM
I don't think people are doubting you because u think AJ might go elsewhere....I think it has more to do with you acting like Couch's commitment has anything to do with AJ. They are totally different WR's.

If you have a source that is good enough to know that we won't get AJ, then surely it's good enough to tell you that Couch & AJ won't play the same WR position.

If I'm correct, we got a WR commit this week already.

I asked you if we were looking at this kid as a WR. You said yes. That shows you what the hell I even knew about this kid.

Therefore, according to all logic from what I've been hearing, I'm assuming that fits with AJ being no sure thing.

Many on here act like he is wrapped up no matter what. That is simply not true.

CrookedLetta
01-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Well then why in the hell would you say I'm a paid member? I don't get my info from Steve...and if I do, I ALWAYS preface it with "Steve is saying...", bc I don't want it to come back on me if it's incorrect.

Don't be throwing out false accusations without checking your facts first.

Defensive much? Calm down, little fella.

maroonmania
01-24-2016, 12:13 PM
I think the problem is people who also have great sources and have been proven reliable are saying something different. You may have a great source and be right. You WILL be questioned because people who we know over time are very accurate are not saying what you are about the situation. Don't get bent because you haven't been here long enough for people to trust you over people who have proven themselves.

So maybe he isn't pessimistic, its just that his source is seemingly always pessimistic. I agree that during his short time posting here I don't really remember anything ever being positive.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:15 PM
So maybe he isn't pessimistic, its just that his source is seemingly always pessimistic. I agree that during his short time posting here I don't really remember anything ever being positive.

Or wrong either (this source).

Hell, I hope we get AJ. We need him.

I'd love to be wrong, i don't get myself worth destroyed if I am.

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 12:16 PM

I asked you if we were looking at this kid as a WR. You said yes. That shows you what the hell I even knew about this kid.

Therefore, according to all logic from what I've been hearing, I'm assuming that fits with AJ being no sure thing.

How does it fit? We want 3 WR. We now have 2. Open spot left for one more. I don't see how that spells AJ is going elsewhere. He might but going by commits doesn't tell you that.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Back to the subject. Getting a good athlete in Couch is a big deal. 6'5" 215lbs raw but has all the talent needed to become a good SEC WR. 2 4* WR down 1 more left to go.

defiantdog
01-24-2016, 12:17 PM

Realism isn't pessimism.

AJ knows where he's going and only AJ.

defiantdog
01-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Back to the subject. Getting a good athlete in Couch is a big deal. 6'5" 215lbs raw but has all the talent needed to become a good SEC WR. 2 4* WR down 1 more left to go.
He's the only receiver I've ever seen consistently pancake block linebackers in high school football. The guy likes to hit.

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 12:20 PM
I really like both WR gets this week. Very good pick ups. Couch is very physical and played in a offense that didn't utilize his full potential in high school but has very good raw ability.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:22 PM

Bingo. (maybe some family)

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 12:24 PM

Yep. I've been worried about Big WR's to complement our many slot guys & smaller outside guys....well, we have answered those concerns in one week, & AJ would be that exclamation point that we need. The total package.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:26 PM
How does it fit? We want 3 WR. We now have 2. Open spot left for one more. I don't see how that spells AJ is going elsewhere. He might but going by commits doesn't tell you that.

3 X's?

miketice
01-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Defensive much? Calm down, little fella.

This reminds me of my wife. Starts a fight then calls me defensive.

maroonmania
01-24-2016, 12:27 PM

And AJ has a spot all the way to signing day. We certainly aren't committing a guy to replace his spot this early given AJ hasn't committed anywhere yet or apparently made any type of firm decision.

Coach34
01-24-2016, 12:29 PM
3 X's?

considering our back log at slot- yes.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 12:31 PM
3 X's?

AJ could play any of the 3 WR spots for us.

MetEdDawg
01-24-2016, 12:33 PM
AJ could play any of the 3 WR spots for us.

This. WR designations in our offense are sometimes meaningless. Bear and Fred lined up all over the place. Looking for mismatches and AJ could do that extremely well for us.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:33 PM
And AJ has a spot all the way to signing day. We certainly aren't committing a guy to replace his spot this early given AJ hasn't committed anywhere yet or apparently made any type of firm decision.

I'm sure he does, but a spot can be left open other than a WR spot.

The coaches have been doing this for a long time. They can read kids pretty well. This ain't their 1st rodeo.

Backup plans are in place, like they always are every year. May just not be at that position.

They may want 3 WR's but if the top one doesn't come, they might say well let's sign that DL, LB, etc we have had on the back burner. You don't necessarily take a WR because your top target goes elsewhere, unless you just have to have one.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:35 PM
considering our back log at slot- yes.

just asking. 3 seems like a lot in a limited signing class.

I have no idea how many they want.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 12:37 PM

The coaches have been doing this for a long time. They can read kids pretty well. This ain't their 1st rodeo.

Backup plans are in place, like they always are every year. May just not be at that position.

They may want 3 WR's but if the top one doesn't come, they might say well let's sign that DL, LB, etc we have had on the back burner. You don't necessarily take a WR because your top target goes elsewhere, unless you just have to have one.

Which we do, since our tallest returning WR is 6'1. So...

mic
01-24-2016, 12:37 PM
Couch isn't and wasn't ever a backup plan.... Period

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:39 PM
Which we do, since our tallest returning WR is 6'1. So...

We have 1 committed and 1 yall are saying that will. That's not zero. They may decide to just go with those 2 instead of signing another WR just to sign one. ( If AJ goes elsewhere)

HoopsDawg
01-24-2016, 12:46 PM
Why not both? We already have several 6'0's with speed...we need another big WR. Are you seriously acting like Bear's size wasn't a huge advantage for us the last few years?

No, of course I'm not acting like that. I would take Bear all day, every day. Just don't think Couch = Bear. I think Couch equals BJ Hammond.

HoopsDawg
01-24-2016, 12:47 PM
We have 1 committed and 1 yall are saying that will. That's not zero. They may decide to just go with those 2 instead of signing another WR just to sign one. ( If AJ goes elsewhere)

I'm having a hard time following you. Are you saying Couch and Farrar have anything to do with AJ?? Because they don't. We have recruited Couch for a long time. And Farrar was the replacement for losing Stephen Sullivan.

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 12:50 PM

What you just wrote kind of contradicts your original premise of tea leaf reading that Couch committing makes AJ not coming more sense because of what you heard. We will take 3 WR, if they are the right ones. AJ has a spot until he signs with us or someone else. Over probably everybody else on the board except maybe Simmons.

Taog Redloh
01-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Spiderman I take this the same way, and given I'm hearing the same things you are, I would agree.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Here's Shotgun's official take on the Spiderman issue:

I think it's human nature to have source bias. We all want to believe that we have some bit of information that others don't have, in doing that, we inadvertingly ignore information from other maybe even more credible sources because we are biased towards the information that only we have.

In the case of AJ and Simmons, overwhelmingly the credible MSU sources such as Paul, Robbie, C34, IYOK, Hancock, ED Recruiting, I Seen It, etc have called for MSU to get both.

Now, it's possible that all those sources are incorrect, but it's also probable that all those sources have equal to better info than the source we are biased towards.

So, take that FWIW. I'm not saying Spider in wrong but, if I were a betting man, I'm going with the herd.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 01:02 PM

So, you don't even know who Jamal couch is? I think I'll put more weight on what guys in here think considering they know every recruit and have a record of getting things right

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Here's Shotgun's official take on the Spiderman issue:

I think it's human nature to have source bias. We all want to believe that we have some bit of information that others don't have, in doing that, we inadvertingly ignore information from other maybe even more credible sources because we are biased towards the information that only we have.

In the case of AJ and Simmons, overwhelmingly the credible MSU sources such as Paul, Robbie, C34, IYOK, Hancock, ED Recruiting, I Seen It, etc have called for MSU to get both.

Now, it's possible that all those sources are incorrect, but it's also probable that all those sources have equal to better info than the source we are biased towards.

So, take that FWIW. I'm not saying Spider in wrong but, if I were a betting man, I'm going with the herd.

Good post and I respect your opinion.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 01:06 PM
So, you don't even know who Jamal couch is? I think I'll put more weight on what guys in here think considering they know every recruit and have a record of getting things right

nope, because i don't keep up with every recruit.

However, you can't help but know who AJ is if you live in Ms, and follow football.

I've never asked anyone about info on anyone but the top Mississippi kids.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 01:10 PM
nope, because i don't keep up with every recruit.

However, you can't help but know who AJ is if you live in Ms, and follow football.

I've never asked anyone about info on anyone but the top Mississippi kids.

We'll meet mr. Couch...

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jamal-Couch-71346/RecruitInterests

Check out the offer list. I don't know that all are committable, but fsu certainly is and they're a top 10 recruiting program year-in, year-out

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-24-2016, 01:17 PM
actually he is a 4 Star on Rivals, Scout, and ESPN but of course Courtney Cronin tweet about him says 3 star....Man that OM vibe has worn off on her something serious.

HoopsDawg
01-24-2016, 01:19 PM
We'll meet mr. Couch...

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jamal-Couch-71346/RecruitInterests

Check out the offer list. I don't know that all are committable, but fsu certainly is and they're a top 10 recruiting program year-in, year-out

Pretty sure FSU backed off after his decomittment in December.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 01:20 PM
actually he is a 4 Star on Rivals, Scout, and ESPN but of course Courtney Cronin tweet about him says 3 star....Man that OM vibe has worn off on her something serious.

Does she use 247 exclusively?

defiantdog
01-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Bingo. (maybe some family)
I will say this.... his situation seems identical to Leo's without the commitment part.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-24-2016, 01:25 PM
She does whatever the OM cronies tell her to do.

"Hey Courtney make sure you reference the lowest rating site when posting about MS State commits. We don't want to put off any positive vibes about them unless we just have to oh and also I haven't gotten mine this week, under the desk pronto" **starts unbuttoning pants

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 01:37 PM
Pretty sure FSU backed off after his decomittment in December.

Yea they did bc they wanted him at OLB & he was firm in playing WR. Florida, Georgia, & Kentucky all tried to get him in for an OV. I give Deshea a big kudos on this 1. Thanks for the parting gift.

Op4isabitch
01-24-2016, 01:48 PM
That's fvcking hilarious.

Cronins tweet says 3 star recruit, then you open the story and the title says 4 star recruit commits to MSU.

Aweful to say the least.

Jack Lambert
01-24-2016, 01:59 PM
good.

RBritt
01-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Tune in next week on CL.com for the next episode of Who's boning Cronin...

state66
01-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Remember when chad bumphis was our biggest WR? Thank god that day is long gone.

Reason2succeed
01-24-2016, 02:19 PM

I'll take 6'4 and taller with go hands and leaping ability all day long.

Noxdog
01-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Yea they did bc they wanted him at OLB & he was firm in playing WR. Florida, Georgia, & Kentucky all tried to get him in for an OV. I give Deshea a big kudos on this 1. Thanks for the parting gift.

^^^^^^^^^^
Is the truth. FSU wanted him on D. He wants to play offense. Heck of a get.

maroonmania
01-24-2016, 02:26 PM
That's fvcking hilarious.

Cronins tweet says 3 star recruit, then you open the story and the title says 4 star recruit commits to MSU.

Aweful to say the least.

Whoever the CL gets to cover recruiting always seems up in bed with OM. It was the same crap with Talty.

msstate7
01-24-2016, 02:26 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
Is the truth. FSU wanted him on D. He wants to play offense. Heck of a get.

So worst case scenario is he doesn't work out at wr and we move him to lb

state66
01-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Watch the kids film. He'll workout at WR. He's 10x more polished than derunnya was coming out of high school imo.

defiantdog
01-24-2016, 02:34 PM
So worst case scenario is he doesn't work out at wr and we move him to lb

Couch and Farrar may both play next year. And if we get AJ, we have the opportunity to have the best receiving core in the SEC for the next few years.

ScottH
01-24-2016, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=maroonmania;490852]Whoever the CL gets to cover recruiting always seems up in bed with OM./QUOTE]

It's because they actively work the media.

PR gift kits sent out around the country to media and especially poll voters. Daily email blasts and Fed Ex mailings. Talking points handed to and gone over in detail with any broadcaster that sets foot on campus. Writing points handed to print/web media members.

Not just Cronin it is an organized effort.

When you are a conference bottom half lifer you have to make things happen. If you are Bama or Oregon or OSU they happen somewhat organically.

This is a case of don't hate the player hate the game. Reluctantly tip you cap to the Bears (or don't) but put laser focus on MSU to match or exceed the PR effort. A couple of hashtags and tweets don't f'n get it.

Just last year Finebaum was UM Law commencement speaker and Herbie was special guest for two days in Oxford last summer "to learn more about the program." He tweeted out a thanks when he left. One of my business partners hosted one of the dinners for him.

It takes very little effort and money. Most of it can be done by student workers. Gotta be active not passive. And we are passive. I'm not sure if it comes from president or AD.

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Watch the kids film. He'll workout at WR. He's 10x more polished than derunnya was coming out of high school imo.

I've watched a bunch of his film, I really think he makes the move to TE and is a weapon there.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2016, 03:31 PM
I've watched a bunch of his film, I really think he makes the move to TE and is a weapon there.

I just finished watching his film as well, & I see the conundrum.

Personally, he had more burst & body control than I suspected. I think it could go either way & he would be a weapon. This is a solid 4 star caliber player IMO. Good athlete, w size, strength, & surprising burst & elusiveness.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 03:35 PM

1 of our few disagreements. I think he has the athleticism & is fast enough to stay outside.

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2016, 03:53 PM
1 of our few disagreements. I think he has the athleticism & is fast enough to stay outside.

When I watch him on those sweeps, I just don't see the burst needed to play WR. I think he is a matchup nightmare at TE.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2016, 03:56 PM
When I watch him on those sweeps, I just don't see the burst needed to play WR. I think he is a matchup nightmare at TE.

Yea but not many 6'5" guys gonna look real fluid asking to run jet sweeps & make quick cuts. I imagine Bear wouldn't look too hot running those plays. I did see him run past some guys on those go routes & post routes.

Bdawg
01-24-2016, 04:13 PM

I agree. I figured this guy would be Wilson's replacement. It's not like Wilson is some elusive burner or anything. He just out jumped, out bodied, or got inside position on anybody covering him. Looks like Couch could do the same

mic
01-24-2016, 04:14 PM

**** her too...
Maybe she will have her legs spread this coming weekend in Oxford like all the other females there will...

mic
01-24-2016, 04:17 PM

At 6'5 with his skill set he's a match up nightmare no matter where he lines up ....

defiantdog
01-24-2016, 04:24 PM
At 6'5 with his skill set he's a match up nightmare no matter where he lines up ....

He's a WR all the way. Christian Roberson and Dontea Jones will fill our TE needs with Justin Johnson. Couch is a bad man. Central ran the ball 95% of the time in his career there, and he definitely learned how to block people. But the guy has hands as well.