PDA

View Full Version : Pregame at the Hump.

drummerdawg
01-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Anybody else think it sucks?

Just to name a few things I thought was weird or lame...
1. Wth is up with Bully doing that weird drum thing at mid court? The drum line awkwardly joins him playing a mid court for like a minute and then just walks off the court. It's weird.

2. Announcer guy, like in football tells the crowd which section is maroon and which one is white and then he starts it with a "MAROOOOON". That has always bugged me even at football games.

3. Team should NOT run out to bad to the bone.

4. Students should turn their backs to the court when the other team starting lineup is being called out.

There's a lot of other awkwardly timed things that happen that just take away from the atmosphere. The DJ is a cool idea but they need to hire a guy that actually knows what he's doing. He would play a song and there would be this big build up and right before the beat drops, he changes songs to something in a different tempo and feel and its just another awkward transition. I know a lot of people want to bring back Hank Flick, and that would probably help some.

shannondawg
01-24-2016, 10:29 AM
I use to like it when the students would hold up newspapers and pretend to read when the opponents teams were introduced.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 10:39 AM

1. Wth is up with Bully doing that weird drum thing at mid court? The drum line awkwardly joins him playing a mid court for like a minute and then just walks off the court. It's weird.

2. Announcer guy, like in football tells the crowd which section is maroon and which one is white and then he starts it with a "MAROOOOON". That has always bugged me even at football games.

4. Students should turn their backs to the court when the other team starting lineup is being called out.

There's a lot of other awkwardly timed things that happen that just take away from the atmosphere. The DJ is a cool idea but they need to hire a guy that actually knows what he's doing. He would play a song and there would be this big build up and right before the beat drops, he changes songs to something in a different tempo and feel and its just another awkward transition. I know a lot of people want to bring back Hank Flick, and that would probably help some.

The number one thing that will make pregame better is to start winning.

When i was in school we had a hell of an atmosphere, and zero of the "hype, video, rap type stuff."

We had the pep band and high expectations. (And we were in line 2 to 3 hours before the doors opened, drinking whiskey, so that helped more than anything probably.)

Winning cures everything.

Political Hack
01-24-2016, 10:39 AM
I loved the newspaper thing too. Then they'd drop the paper and yell "sucks" really quickly before going back to reading. Grab some reflectors out of the recycling bin and distribute them. They'll know what to do... And it would be good promotion for the reflector.

That said, I figured you'd like he drums.***

I agree. They should run out to a song created this century.

It_Could_Happen
01-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Students still yell sucks after each player is announced. Also, hype video has approved 1000 times since the ray days. Those videos were awful. I want to get rid of some of the stupid stuff during timeouts like the kiss cam. Play some more hype videos or something to keep the crowd engaged.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Me and buddy of mine were talking before the game. When OM was warming up he told me. "Man what is wrong with our students I remember back in the day we would be talking shit to the opposing teams during their warmups and giving them hell..especially Ole Miss."

mstatefan91
01-24-2016, 11:54 AM
Me and buddy of mine were talking before the game. When OM was warming up he told me. "Man what is wrong with our students I remember back in the day we would be talking shit to the opposing teams during their warmups and giving them hell..especially Ole Miss."

We haven't been winning in basketball. Nobody has been going to the Hump for nearly 3 years. How is this so hard for people to comprehend? Nothing is wrong with the students. The program just sucked and nearly a generation of college students (4 year generation) missed out on the Hump.

mic
01-24-2016, 11:58 AM
I use to like it when the students would hold up newspapers and pretend to read when the opponents teams were introduced.

They still do.. They are just on their IPhones now... *

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:00 PM

Yep, fired up and whiskey drunk.

Crowd was in it once the game went along.

All we need to do is win some, and it will get better. One of the loudest moments was when the girls team was introduced. Everybody gets fired up for a winner.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:01 PM
We haven't been winning in basketball. Nobody has been going to the Hump for nearly 3 years. How is this so hard for people to comprehend? Nothing is wrong with the students. The program just sucked and nearly a generation of college students (4 year generation) missed out on the Hump.

yep

mic
01-24-2016, 12:06 PM

We had a new PA guy announce the starting lineups for the UMiss game.. He was very good. I think he is the women's PA guy. The hack we have Been using is terrible.. He needs to be replaced ASAP..

mstatefan91
01-24-2016, 12:11 PM
We had a new PA guy announce the starting lineups for the UMiss game.. He was very good. I think he is the women's PA guy. The hack we have Been using is terrible.. He needs to be replaced ASAP..

I think the guy announcing the starting lineups is actually Derek Cody. I could be wrong, but he tweeted something about being thankful for the opportunity to announce in the Hump the other day.

mic
01-24-2016, 12:13 PM
I think the guy announcing the starting lineups is actually Derek Cody. I could be wrong, but he tweeted something about being thankful for the opportunity to announce in the Hump the other day.

We should hire him permanently ...

shannondawg
01-24-2016, 12:41 PM
I personally can't understand what he's saying. Just cut the damm mike off as far as I'm concerned.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 12:43 PM
I personally can't understand what he's saying. Just cut the damm mike off as far as I'm concerned.

I couldn't understand any of the starting lineups.

Gatordog
01-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Anyone know the song being used for the team video right before introductions? Also hopefully the student section starts to get some originality.

MarketingBully
01-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Ahh yes, it's a State fan tradition to bitch about the atmosphere after we win the game. Well get ready folks. We will have a lot more bitching about the atmosphere because the team will be awesome after this year....

gravedigger
01-24-2016, 05:54 PM
The number one thing that will make pregame better is to start winning.

When i was in school we had a hell of an atmosphere, and zero of the "hype, video, rap type stuff."

We had the pep band and high expectations. (And we were in line 2 to 3 hours before the doors opened, drinking whiskey, so that helped more than anything probably.)

Winning cures everything.

You want the number 10 team in the nation to START winning.....