PDA

View Full Version : So I stopped by Sixpack tonight- and the BearSharks are admitting...

Coach34
01-24-2016, 12:13 AM
on there that basically they have received a letter. They also acknowledged the number 30 violations across multiple sports. Of course, it was spun as "it will be like the Redmond penalty you guys received- nothing to see here". One assclown even said all the OM sites had acknowledged this and said it was basically nothing.

Here's my 1st thought- Not one, not ONE OM site acknowledged that Big Softie Tunsil was going to sit out some games. They all to a T said he was going to play in Game 1. With Signing Day just around the corner- do you think any of them would even hint at major probation if it was coming- let alone report it??????

Academic impropriety will be punished much more severely than what we got for Redmond. It doesnt matter what staff it was under

Coach34
01-24-2016, 12:18 AM
But- at the very worst:

Myself and Elitedawgs said OM was being investigated- and of course- they were.
Myself, Hack, and others said Its Coming- and probation is coming.

All of you denied it and denied it- but here it is going to happen. So much for it being an "Elitedawg Conspiracy". We have lead the way once again.

SDDawg
01-24-2016, 12:20 AM
The last bit of teeth the NCAA has is on academic integrity. Cheating on academics will get punished severely.

Only bit of good news to come out of this is that some folks in a position to influence some key recruits are armed with the facts and laying it out there. I think we will end up getting at least one player that we might have otherwise missed on as a result of the OM improprieties.

Coach34
01-24-2016, 12:23 AM
Bama pushing the probation angle on Simmons hard as well

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 12:26 AM
But- at the very worst:

Myself and Elitedawgs said OM was being investigated- and of course- they were.
Myself, Hack, and others said Its Coming- and probation is coming.

All of you denied it and denied it- but here it is going to happen. So much for it being an "Elitedawg Conspiracy". We have lead the way once again.

https://media.giphy.com/media/XuBJvrKHutnkQ/giphy.gif

chainedup_Dawg
01-24-2016, 12:28 AM
So they "expect" Redmond like penalties due to 30 violations across multiple sports??

Number one, 30 violations across multiple sports all but screams lack of institutional control. Second, if one of those violations is academic fraud you really think you're going to get "Redmond like penalties"!?

If that's the case then the NCAA should be scrapped, the investigators involved should be fired and investigated themselves. Then Bracky and our compliance dept. should be stoned in the district

Bdawg
01-24-2016, 12:40 AM
So they "expect" Redmond like penalties due to 30 violations across multiple sports??

Number one, 30 violations across multiple sports all but screams lack of institutional control. Second, if one of those violations is academic fraud you really think you're going to get "Redmond like penalties"!?

If that's the case then the NCAA should be scrapped, the investigators involved should be fired and investigated themselves. Then Bracky and our compliance dept. should be stoned in the district

If all they get is "Redmond like penalties" than it will be on like chicken bone! Might as well try to put in a salary cap to keep the rich schools from getting everyone and then say " ok boys, have at it!!"

Bdawg
01-24-2016, 12:45 AM
Bama pushing the probation angle on Simmons hard as well

Well we better be doing it too!! We can't let our top talent get out of the state anymore. I'm ready for every year we keep our best in state players home and start kicking Bama's butt more times than not( at least when Saban retires anyway).

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 01:00 AM
If it's 30 or so violations over multiple sports, then it's has to be at least half of the violations with football. The basketball violations can't be more than 6 or so may no more than 2-4. It was academic and recruiting violations but it was concerning just 2 players. And we still don't know if Track is involved or not so that may or may not be X number of these violations. But just for reference, ULL penalties were based on 4 violations. Just 4. But when you have multiple Level 1 violations you get hit. And they also did not get the Lack of Institutional Control either.

BeardoMSU
01-24-2016, 01:05 AM
Probation is what it is. It could be a lot, or a little. I don't think any one in their right mind wouldn't concede at least some form of probation was coming, but the difference of a slap on the wrist, and a backwards pineapple up the ass, is the nuance of this whole game. Just how severe are they going to get slammed?

Todd4State
01-24-2016, 01:06 AM

They probably don't really "expect" that. Well, some of them don't I'm sure. The other 95% probably believe it.

However, bottom line whether they believe it or not- the point is to control the message before NSD.

Todd4State
01-24-2016, 01:08 AM
Probation is what it is. It could be a lot, or a little. I don't think any one in their right mind wouldn't concede at least some form of probation was coming, but the difference of a slap on the wrist, and a backwards pineapple up the ass, is the nuance of this whole game. Just how severe are they going to get slammed?

Well, the other bad thing is repeat offender status if they get caught doing something again for the next seven years or so. That's a HUGE issue if you "play the game" like Ole Miss does. It would be like telling us we can only take five guys from Mississippi a year.

Coach34
01-24-2016, 01:11 AM
Probation is what it is. It could be a lot, or a little. I don't think any one in their right mind wouldn't concede at least some form of probation was coming,

Whaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt? It's been repeated by their people and even our fans that them going on "probation" was an "Elitedawg Conspiracy". All the OM people said we making shit up- dont change the narrative now

Shit- 98% of them denied there was even an investigation- much less acknowledged probation

cheewgumm
01-24-2016, 01:20 AM
Hopefully by the time Shea Patterson graduates we know the results.

BeardoMSU
01-24-2016, 01:22 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt? It's been repeated by their people and even our fans that them going on "probation" was an "Elitedawg Conspiracy". All the OM people said we making shit up- dont change the narrative now

Shit- 98% of them denied there was even an investigation- much less acknowledged probation

98% of who? People who post on Nafoom? The people I know who are OM fans (granted they actually graduated from there) all acknowledge you don't recruit to ANY TOWN IN MS on a national level without doing some shady shit. They do concede, however, as we do, that all major programs do their fair share of "shady shit". I just think the distinction needs to be made about what is "expected" to fall upon OM, and what is "likely".

BeardoMSU
01-24-2016, 01:23 AM
Hopefully by the time Shea Patterson graduates we know the results.

Exactly. And by that time, they might have anther 2 or 3 top 10 recruiting classes.

Coach34
01-24-2016, 01:32 AM
98% of who?.

Bafoom
Spirit
247 board
Yancy
Chuck
Neal
Anybody on Twitter

Nobody associated with that school would admit they were investigated or they were getting probation. They tried to make jokes of the "Its Coming"- but as we see- it is just as we said it would. Thats the bottom line

Dawg61
01-24-2016, 01:48 AM
I think the only fair punishment would be for the University of Mississippi to no longer use a racist term for their school name, for the Groooooveeeee to be destroyed and never brought back and for only fat girls to be allowed to enroll for the next decade. Oh and Bucky Freezus gets a show cause for life. Do those 4 things and I'll be satisfied with the punishment.

TUSK
01-24-2016, 02:35 AM
I think the only fair punishment would be for the University of Mississippi to no longer use a racist term for their school name, for the Groooooveeeee to be destroyed and never brought back and for only fat girls to be allowed to enroll for the next decade. Oh and Bucky Freezus gets a show cause for life. Do those 4 things and I'll be satisfied with the punishment.

Um, did somebody ask for an arborist?

I have references....

starkvegasdawg
01-24-2016, 02:56 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TUSK again.

starkvegasdawg
01-24-2016, 02:58 AM
If all they get are Redmond like penalties then xenareb will have some extremely sore knees and jaws and badly be in need of a tic-tac.

Drugs Delaney
01-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Well, the other bad thing is repeat offender status if they get caught doing something again for the next seven years or so. That's a HUGE issue if you "play the game" like Ole Miss does. It would be like telling us we can only take five guys from Mississippi a year. It did not slow them down too much last time...French, Deuce, Ro Miller.

Indndawg
01-24-2016, 08:01 AM
on there that basically they have received a letter. They also acknowledged the number 30 violations across multiple sports. Of course, it was spun as "it will be like the Redmond penalty you guys received- nothing to see here". One assclown even said all the OM sites had acknowledged this and said it was basically nothing.

Here's my 1st thought- Not one, not ONE OM site acknowledged that Big Softie Tunsil was going to sit out some games. They all to a T said he was going to play in Game 1. With Signing Day just around the corner- do you think any of them would even hint at major probation if it was coming- let alone report it??????

Academic impropriety will be punished much more severely than what we got for Redmond. It doesn't matter what staff it was under

The Softie thing...meh, it kinda happens...we got caught. Seriously, many OM fans think that great haul in 13 (and even before that w/some heppin)is bc they're OM and have a beautiful campus and great traditions. No many do NOT think the athletes were bought and paid for. Some know and don't care and run the party line like the old USSR.

Schultzy
01-24-2016, 08:36 AM
The Softie thing...meh, it kinda happens...we got caught. Seriously, many OM fans think that great haul in 13 (and even before that w/some heppin)is bc they're OM and have a beautiful campus and great traditions. No many do NOT think the athletes were bought and paid for. Some know and don't care and run the party line like the old USSR.

Of course they all know they were bought and paid for as you said but in the face of all logic they will project the Baghdad Bob approach to the very end. In light of all the ULL stuff being reported its just laughable...they're gonna get hit and that's clear to see.

Bucky Dog
01-24-2016, 08:52 AM
My belief is that most times perception can be your biggest enemy in situations like this. Now that it is pretty much a given that IT is coming, why wouldn't OM go ahead and come out with what they know, and address it head on? Good or bad or whatever, the guilty school should come out with their stance on it, admit what happened, say how they will deal with it, etc.

But, if it is really bad and involves multiple sports, coaches, admins and other, then they might just want to plead a the fifth!! Just sayin

OurState
01-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Bafoom
Spirit
247 board
Yancy
Chuck
Neal
Anybody on Twitter

Nobody associated with that school would admit they were investigated or they were getting probation. They tried to make jokes of the "Its Coming"- but as we see- it is just as we said it would. Thats the bottom line

Because they have admitted that women's hoops and track were under investigation, I don't think you can say people have denied the investigation.

The line is simple, if "IT" involves a post season ban of any sort then we win. If "IT" is anything less then they got away with it and we have been deluding ourselves.

Coach34
01-24-2016, 09:33 AM
Because they have admitted that women's hoops and track were under investigation, I don't think you can say people have denied the investigation.

The line is simple, if "IT" involves a post season ban of any sort then we win. If "IT" is anything less then they got away with it and we have been deluding ourselves.

Thats a load of crap. It's coming has always been about probation- period.

Dawgface
01-24-2016, 09:38 AM
If it turns out to be minor penalties, it will still seem like a win to them.

Dawgowar
01-24-2016, 10:14 AM
If it turns out to be minor penalties, it will still seem like a win to them.

They will embody their school's DNA and will adopt a confederate mentality. 'Fer-Git The NCAA HELL!' bumper stickers will be issued. A world class spin effort of:

'We just got caught because we beat Bama and they hate Ole Miss! Katy Perry loves us! The conference fears us getting good. These things come in groups, when we come off this penalty other SEC schools will be going ON probation, because they cheat worse than us. We will rule the known world!'

Even if the penalties are significantly more traumatic than what ULL got and UNC gets, they will not stop their approach. It is an arms race that we have to contend with.

I expect a proportional response similar to ULL scaled on the number of athletes in each sport. Schollys hurt them more than a bowl ban. Lose 5 football slots a year for three years and that is almost an entire year group worth of talent you miss out on. Toss in attrition and normal player lack of development and that would bite them hard. If ULL went down 11 total between self-imposed and the NCAA for 4 players how much harder will TSUN take it in the backside?

Lacking an SMU type bomb schools will always survive the NCAA in this era. Hoping for a program leveling effect would be a waste of time. Would love to be pleasantly surprised though.

However, we should not forget they remain under investigation beyond these 30 - that WILL keep them on a slower player acquisition plan than usual.

If the football team got a total of 15 scholly's lost for three years and then gets hit with even 5 more total, their depth will leave them operating in a zero injury/can't be wrong on a recruit status for a while. But honestly, I just need to know the NCAA finally acknowledges what we and others have known for years - they (and Auburn) cheat on a level well beyond what 'everyone else does'. The day they have to hold a press conference and acknowledge the actions and the penalties will be a good day for the rest of the conference.

Political Hack
01-24-2016, 10:33 AM
What's crazy to me is that the NCAA has apparently split this into, at minimum, two major investigations. There is rumored to be an initial letter with around 30 allegations/findings and another saying that they have not closed the door on other findings as well. In NCAA speak that would mean they're moving forward with punishment considerations for the ~30 before fully finishing the investigation on other items. If that's true, he NCAA must not have a lot on the other stuff... So, when they get their first round of sanctions I anticipate that being the largest blow even though I think the NCAA will clarify that it's not 100% finished. If they had enough to make something stick with the additional ongoing investigation, I think they'd include those violations in an NOA.

Mostly speculation on my part based on the rumors, but just putting it out there because the "it's coming" is with the first set of findings. The second wave has little to no guarantee of proving anything considering the wouldn't include the allegations in an NOA.

Dawgowar
01-24-2016, 10:39 AM
The second wave has little to no guarantee of proving anything considering the wouldn't include the allegations in an NOA.

But the effect of being on probation from round 1 and having to deny rumors while recruiting during investigation #2 will not be pleasant for them. The old adage better to wound the enemy on the battlefield than kill them because it takes more effort to save those who might survive. Good times for us regardless.

Spiderman
01-24-2016, 10:41 AM
But the effect of being on probation from round 1 and having to deny rumors while recruiting during investigation #2 will not be pleasant for them. The old adage better to wound the enemy on the battlefield than kill them because it takes more effort to save those who might survive. Good times for us regardless.

The rumors aren't hurting them so far.

They are either spinning it well, or opposing coaches aren't using it much.

Churchill
01-24-2016, 10:43 AM
When all is said and done the bears will have one simple question to answer. Was it worth it ? From what I have seen over the last 40+ years (going back to Bob Tyler) with the NCAA`s methodically being reduced to what is today I`m going to say OM`s answer will be an emphatic YES. There is just too much money flowing to let the NCAA mess with the product these days. Oh there will be a punishment handed out but it almost surely won`t fit the crime. It sucks but I`m afraid that`s where we are.

Coach007
01-24-2016, 10:46 AM
SPS and ED is not the only one saying they have gotten their NOA. But this not coming out prior to signing day

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Thats a load of crap. It's coming has always been about probation- period.

Ive never understood the portion of our fan base that feels the need to defend or set the record straight about Ole Miss.

If Ole Miss committed 97 infractions & a State fan says "100", I'm standing by them as they round up to 100!....but, we have a portion of our sissy fan base that will say, "nuh uh, guys...let's be fair...Ole Miss only committed 97. Let's be the better people & not exaggerate what they did. We all do it, they just got caught unfortunately for them. I actually feel sorry for them."

EFF THAT SHIT.

"IT's coming" has always been about the football program, and it's always been about probation. Let their fans & lawyers defend them...they don't need MSU fans joining the cause.

Dawgowar
01-24-2016, 10:58 AM
Ive never understood the portion of our fan base that feels the need to defend or set the rector straight about Ole Miss.

If Ole Miss committed 97 infractions & a State fan says "100", I'm standing by them as they round up to 100!....but, we have a portion of our sissy fan base that will say, "nuh uh, guys...let's be fair...Ole Miss only committed 97. Let's be the better people & not exaggerate what they did. We all do it, they just got caught unfortunately for them. I actually feel sorry for them."

EFF THAT SHIT.

"IT's coming" has always been about the football program, and it's always been about probation. Let their fans & lawyers defend them...they don't need MSU fans joining the cause.

I want them to have the feeling most of us had at the beginning of year two of probation/Croom when the reality of how bad it was going to be for a while was setting in. That realization there were no quick fixes. Eat that TSUN.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2016, 11:02 AM
I want them to have the feeling most of us had at the beginning of year two of probation/Croom when the reality of how bad it was going to be for a while was setting in. That realization there were no quick fixes. Eat that TSUN.

I'm with you, brother

Churchill
01-24-2016, 11:03 AM

Croom was a part of our probation. I doubt anything that drastic is going to happen to them or anybody else again for that matter.

Dawgowar
01-24-2016, 11:06 AM
Croom was a part of our probation. I doubt anything that drastic is going to happen to them or anybody else again for that matter.

Perhaps if the NCAA made them all wear polyester leisure suits in the Grove...

Churchill
01-24-2016, 11:16 AM

Close but not quite....

Reason2succeed
01-24-2016, 11:26 AM
"30 incidents over multiple sports isn't a "lack" of institutional control...it's brazen institutionalized cheating. For several years OM created a culture of cheating in various forms and even hired coaches on the basis of their ability to bend and break rules. And for this finding we, the NCAA, have grown a pair and have resolved to break our foot off up in Old Misses' collective asses!"

Really Clark?
01-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Starting the 3rd page and haven't seen any of the, they will get nothing; been waiting for 15 years and nothing has yet to happen to them; we are idiots if we think they will get probation crowd who have mocked when we have said they were being investigated years prior to coming out that they were. They gobble up the UNM narrative each step of the way (or are a part of the disinformation rebel plants) but now that more and more of the confeds admit to what we have been saying for a long time, including the number of possible violations a week before the UNM spin doctors began acknowledging it, nothing but crickets from these people.

Dawgface
01-24-2016, 11:44 AM

They will still be butt sniffing themselves in the grove. Polyester or not.

Coach34
01-24-2016, 12:10 PM
There is no way in hell they get less than what ULL got

JDog13
01-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Don't forget their OC was at Miami in the height of their cheating days.

Coach34
01-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Ive never understood the portion of our fan base that feels the need to defend or set the rector straight about Ole Miss.

Exactly- why was trolling Elite with the fake letter supposedly so funny if they always knew they were being investigated and would get a letter? Makes no sense. None of their people ever thought they were going to get any letter or any type of sanctions.

RougeDawg
01-24-2016, 12:57 PM
For the record I posted about their investigation over 3 years ago when myself and others turned in the names and monetary amounts of CJ Johnsons recruitment. We were thanked for our information, but When subsequent questions were asked they could not comment per the on going investigation. Kyle Veazey even received the same information I had and it was specified in his initial request to the school and NCAA. Both of which would not comment.

Bottom line is most of the people here who have known about the various tentacles of their investigation, have been called out and chastised for saying "IT" was coming. The length and scope have allowed some doubt to creep in but believe me, the NCAA will live and die by the decision they hand out. OM has led one of the most corrupt, top to bottom, recruiting network the NCAA has ever dealt with. Why the F*CK would any African American youth want to attend a historically racist university? Just think about it. That's why this has taken so long.

I seen it dawg
01-24-2016, 01:06 PM
When all is said and done the bears will have one simple question to answer. Was it worth it ? From what I have seen over the last 40+ years (going back to Bob Tyler) with the NCAA`s methodically being reduced to what is today I`m going to say OM`s answer will be an emphatic YES. There is just too much money flowing to let the NCAA mess with the product these days. Oh there will be a punishment handed out but it almost surely won`t fit the crime. It sucks but I`m afraid that`s where we are.

Worth it? What have they done? Haven't won shit of any substance.

Schultzy
01-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Rouge - having trouble connecting the "African American youth wanting to attend a historically racist university" and "length of investigation."

Not disputing you just not understanding how the two are related.

turkish
01-24-2016, 01:34 PM
I think it was the sentence before that that describes why it's taken so long.

Churchill
01-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Worth it? What have they done? Haven't won shit of any substance.

If you`re waiting for me to come on here and list any of those bastards` accomplishments to get a point across you`re going to be waiting a long time. If you are in denial about the direction their program seems to be headed on the field (if the NCAA doesn`t step in and do their job) I got nothing for you.

RougeDawg
01-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Rouge - having trouble connecting the "African American youth wanting to attend a historically racist university" and "length of investigation."

Not disputing you just not understanding how the two are related.

Why their recruiting techniques have been so elaborate and costly over the last decade. After posting I thought about clarification. It's in some of my older posts over the past few years what OM has had to offer in excess for some of their higher recruits. It's sometimes double what the others pay, partly because of their love for "the historic OM mantra".

Guess enough money can make even the atheist attend church for 3-4 years.

ETA they have pushed the 6 figure range on many recruits who never stepped foot on VH turf. Worst ROI in the history of collegiate recruiting.

maroonmania
01-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Why the F*CK would any African American youth want to attend a historically racist university? Just think about it. That's why this has taken so long.

Especially guys that can go anywhere they want and are multiple states away from MS. You know good and well recruits like that didn't exactly grow up ever thinking about the possibility of playing on the Plantation.

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-24-2016, 04:30 PM
ETA they have pushed the 6 figure range on many recruits who never stepped foot on VH turf. Worst ROI in the history of collegiate recruiting.

Can you post some names where this is true? I've got some UNM relatives I want to troll.

MedDawg
01-24-2016, 07:32 PM

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-24-2016, 07:44 PM
OM *should* have to forfeit any victories that Connor/others played in. I meant forfeit, not vacate. Of course, I'm not saying that the NCAA will actually do this.

How does something like this differ from what happened with Grier at Florida? Regarding forfeits, is it different if a violation is academic in nature versus banned substances?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-25-2016, 09:07 AM
Can you post some names where this is true? I've got some UNM relatives I want to troll.

How does something like this differ from what happened with Grier at Florida? Regarding forfeits, is it different if a violation is academic in nature versus banned substances?

Interesting...

Jack Lambert
01-25-2016, 10:03 AM
I wonder what *should* happen to OM if Tony Connor's ACT is found to be in question by the NCAA.

OM was 'informed' of the potential ACT improprieties back in 2013 when they were interviewed with Saunders. So if they continued to play Connor (or any others on recent OM teams), they did so knowing the NCAA would later be questioning his/others ACT(s). OM *should* have to forfeit any victories that Connor/others played in. I meant forfeit, not vacate. Of course, I'm not saying that the NCAA will actually do this.

All they have to do is vacate wins. They don't forfeit games anymore. So it doesn't show up as a lost. They just lose the victory so no real damaged. To them they still won the game on the field.

Mjoelner34
01-25-2016, 10:20 AM
To them they still won the game on the field.

And that is what recruits will remember too. The ONLY way to punish them would be a multiple year bowl ban.

Coach34
01-25-2016, 10:22 AM
All they have to do is vacate wins. They don't forfeit games anymore. So it doesn't show up as a lost. They just lose the victory so no real damaged. To them they still won the game on the field.

They sure dont mind including the two games we won on the field the NCAA gave them from the 70's when they want to throw the Egg Bowl record out

lastmajordog
01-25-2016, 12:19 PM
They sure dont mind including the two games we won on the field the NCAA gave them from the 70's when they want to throw the Egg Bowl record out

Can I get an AMEN from the choir?!!!!!