PDA

View Full Version : Some news leaking out of practices to our north.

gravedigger
08-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Seems a wr who has been counted on to produce is looking precisely........average.

edited to add: I'm certain those reports are incorrect** and all subsequent reports will reflect otherwise.

High school coaches in the area: you should be ashamed of yourselves for promulgating such a derisive rumor.

CadaverDawg
08-08-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about Laquon Paidwell?

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Well, all they have to do is throw a toss up ball to moncrief. That is all the passing they need.

FlabLoser
08-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Did they try taping a Benjamin to the football?

Political Hack
08-08-2013, 09:59 PM
handling a lot of bills can dry your hands out and make them slippery.

HancockCountyDog
08-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Seems a wr who has been counted on to produce is looking precisely........average.

edited to add: I'm certain those reports are incorrect** and all subsequent reports will reflect otherwise.

High school coaches in the area: you should be ashamed of yourselves for promulgating such a derisive rumor.

I've heard the same thing and the loss of sanders is much bigger than they are letting on.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2013, 10:06 PM
I bet theres not a dime's worth of difference between Treadwell and Ross.

Coach34
08-08-2013, 10:10 PM
I've heard the same thing and the loss of sanders is much bigger than they are letting on.

This is just EliteGene bullshit and we are all sheep for suggesting that them losing their 2nd best WR is going to hurt them some. They are deeeeeep at WR and they will be fine...the Rebels told us so

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Any chance Morrow, the written off former 4 star tall receiver for us, has the light bulb click on turns into a difference maker for us this year? After his lack luster season last year, it seems like everyone has just written him off.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-08-2013, 10:16 PM
He isnt lighting it up yet. I wouldnt hold my breath

messageboardsuperhero
08-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I bet theres not a dime's worth of difference between Treadwell and Ross.

I bet you're right. Definitely not this much difference:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/01/treadwell.jpg

CadaverDawg
08-08-2013, 10:59 PM
I bet you're right. Definitely not this much difference:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/01/treadwell.jpg

Well done, Sir.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Ross end up being the better of the two.

messageboardsuperhero
08-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Well done, Sir.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Ross end up being the better of the two.

But... But..... Starzz!!

HancockCountyDog
08-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Is there any more info coming out about Malcolm Johnson?

I know Coach is tight lipped about injuries, but I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything. I'm hoping it's just a sprain, because I think he is due a big year.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Is there any more info coming out about Malcolm Johnson?

I know Coach is tight lipped about injuries, but I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything. I'm hoping it's just a sprain, because I think he is due a big year.

Bruised knee, out of a week

J-Dawg
08-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Call it sour grapes, but I've always wondered why treadwell was so high. Also, Illinois isn't exactly known for its football talent.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Call it sour grapes, but I've always wondered why treadwell was so high. Also, Illinois isn't exactly known for its football talent.

Being ranked high shouldn't have anything to do with the level of competition you play against. Treadwell is 6'3", runs fast, and is athletic. Guys like that are usually ranked high. Plus he went to the UA All American game and other camps, and had the chance to prove himself against the best.

Was Treadwell the number 1 WR? I have no idea, and much of that will depend on his makeup, aptitude, and instincts.

However, as good as Texas High School football is, I believe that guys like Fred Ross can get overlooked due to where he played and the sheer amount of other Texas prospects that went to high school in the, more heavily covered, Dallas and Houston areas. Tyler, TX is in East Texas and outside of the DFW media coverage, and therefore he likely didn't get as much exposure.

I want to believe that Treadwell is looking average, but does anyone have any details? It isn't likely that he was terribly overrated unless, all these recruiting websites misevaluated his aptitude, makeup, football instincts, or hands. It's likely that his measurable, like height, speed, and athleticism were evaluated correctly.

Political Hack
08-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Ross was kept quiet for months on purpose, and he was apparently fine with that and didn't seek the spotlight. A 4 star who is trying to avoid the spotlight is rare. Kid could be very, very special...

and there's no doubt in my mind that Ross is ahead of Treadwell this year. Stud from Texas > stud from IL 99% of the time. The real question is will Treadwell ever reach his potential. If he does, he should be the #1 WR in college football with his size, speed, ability to separate, and go up and catch the ball. I guess we get to see if OM's coaches can turn #1 recruits into the #1 players.

messageboardsuperhero
08-09-2013, 09:39 AM
In all seriousness, I'm sure Treadwell will be a very good player, but I'm very happy we have Fred Ross. I was just saying that, at the end of the day, I doubt there is really much of a difference between the two.