PDA

View Full Version : Smoot!

preachermatt83
01-22-2016, 07:58 PM
I gotta admit, after reading some of his tweets, I wsnt smoot to get a job for us.
👇👇👇

@Fsmoot21SeanT: Can I recruit???? Can a Dolphins swim?

smootness
01-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Smooooooooooooot

I don't know if you guys knew, but I like Fred Smoot.

He is not, however, ready to be coach. Not going to lie, though, I'd love it.

Homedawg
01-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Smoot has never coached a day in his life and you want to hire him? Why am I shocked. Coaching isn't playing. He might be a great coach one day, but we can't be the ones to be his starting point unless he wants to ga

civildawg
01-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but neither did Townsend. Correct?

DancingRabbit
01-22-2016, 08:10 PM
I love Smoot, but he needs to get some coaching experience and settle down some before we hire him for anything at State. But I don't know if Fred is ever gonna settle down.

Also needs to get a college degree.

DancingRabbit
01-22-2016, 08:12 PM

Deshea coached DBs for the AZ Cardinals for 2 years.

Jack Lambert
01-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Smooooooooooooot

don't care I just want someone to put some swag into our defense and smoot would do it.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-22-2016, 08:22 PM
You don't go from off your couch to coaching in the best conference in America.

preachermatt83
01-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Smooooooooooooot

I feel exactly the same. Is he ready to be a coach? Who knows? Would I love to see him on the sidelines ? U dang right! And can he recruit? "Can a DOLPHINS swim??!!?" Ha!!

bulldawg28
01-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Smoot would be an excellent coach. He knew more about offenses than most of our defenses coaches.

gtowndawg
01-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Sign him up and turn him loose.

Dawgtini
01-22-2016, 09:02 PM
I think he would be great in a GA role with the secondary. The role that left with Diaz maybe??

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 09:13 PM
So let me get this straight..you don't care if he can coach..just if he can put some "swag" in our defense? ......geez this recent OM success has caused our fan base to lose their mind.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 09:17 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ifyouonlyknew again...

This is becoming a common occurrence.

ckDOG
01-22-2016, 11:16 PM
Sign him up for master of ceremonies during our big recruiting weekends.

deltadawg99
01-22-2016, 11:51 PM
What about sleepy's old job for smoot?

Dawg61
01-23-2016, 12:59 AM
What part of the "doesn't have a degree" part are yall not understanding?

RAYn_Man
01-23-2016, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't mind hiring Smoot. He can show our DBs a thing or two and he loves MSU. Tired of these coaches using us a a stepping stone.

FISHDAWG
01-23-2016, 09:02 AM
no ... keep that party animal as far away from our players as we can keep him ... I loved his play and passion for the game, especially being a home boy, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach

GreenheadDawg
01-23-2016, 09:47 AM
no ... keep that party animal as far away from our players as we can keep him ... I loved his play and passion for the game, especially being a home boy, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach

Yeh I have a strong suspicion he would be balls deep in a coed before the end of the semester. I love smoot.. One of my all time favorite Bulldogs but that would be a risky hire to say the least

bulldawg28
01-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Yeh I have a strong suspicion he would be balls deep in a coed before the end of the semester. I love smoot.. One of my all time favorite Bulldogs but that would be a risky hire to say the least

Chicks dig the long and deep balls! Going deep was always my favorite play.

DancingRabbit
01-23-2016, 10:55 AM

Imagine them in Maroon & White

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/116500/Pregnant-Cheerleaders-116552.jpg

tcdog70
01-23-2016, 01:02 PM
Dang , Smoot must be awful,according to half the Board. We don't want him to be a missionary, just coach corners and recruit. It ain't rocket surgery, there is no doubt Smoot knows Cornerback. He is a loyal Dog. Maybe you do have to have a degree, not sure. I believe Smoot could bring our Corner play up to par. I also believe He could recruit. Sign Him for a year and let's see.

GreenheadDawg
01-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Imagine them in Maroon & White

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/116500/Pregnant-Cheerleaders-116552.jpg

Haha nice

War Machine Dawg
01-23-2016, 01:18 PM

Uh, completely incorrect. He was coaching with the Arizona Cardinals and we hired him away.

oldjoedawg
01-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Yeah, he would have to have that degree.....

Dang , Smoot must be awful,according to half the Board. We don't want him to be a missionary, just coach corners and recruit. It ain't rocket surgery, there is no doubt Smoot knows Cornerback. He is a loyal Dog. Maybe you do have to have a degree, not sure. I believe Smoot could bring our Corner play up to par. I also believe He could recruit. Sign Him for a year and let's see.

Dawg61
01-23-2016, 05:48 PM

Smoot retired from the Redskins in 2009. He hasn't coached a day in his life. You want to hire someone whose been on their couch for the last six seasons and throw him into coaching the players that have to face the Julio Jones and Odell Beckhams of college football?

Really Clark?
01-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Nevermind he would have to get a degree first and has not coached a day in his life and has had 6 years to get both of those done, but y'all think it would be a good idea to pair Smoot with our compliance dept? Can you say show cause within 48 hours of that hire?