PDA

View Full Version : Baseball doesn't have the biggest Jumbotron in the galaxy

Pinto
01-22-2016, 12:05 PM
We have to get the Grandaddy of them all a brand new bag.

http://www.secsports.com/article/14618235/baum-stadium-mlb-caliber-upgrade

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Those HRs are going to be hell on that board

messageboardsuperhero
01-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Yawn... I don't give a damn about petty video board wars- especially in baseball where bigger isn't necessarily better.

Our new park is going to be so bad ass that nobody will even notice some video board at Baum.

Apoplectic
01-22-2016, 12:24 PM
We have to get the Grandaddy of them all a brand new bag.

http://www.secsports.com/article/14618235/baum-stadium-mlb-caliber-upgrade

The arms race continues. How are we going to afford the electric bill for all these facilities if people keep cutting the ESPN cord? Coming soon: increased ticket prices, parking fees, alcohol sales, and $20/gb stadium gameday data plans.

Roy Munson
01-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Small

DawgFromOxford
01-22-2016, 12:47 PM
Are we for sure starting construction on our stadium after this season? Or when is that supposed to take place?

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Heard it won't start after this season. After 2017 which sucks. Was hoping this spring.

BossDawg
01-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Heard it won't start after this season. After 2017 which sucks. Was hoping this spring.

Seriously?

BossDawg
01-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Our new park is going to be so bad ass that nobody will even notice some video board at Baum.

Hell yeah it will. Just getting started on the damn thing looks like it's gonna be the biggest challenge. The anticipation is taking years off of my life as it is, so I may never get to see it...

...especially if it's gonna be a phased project like I've heard.

Bama_Dawg
01-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Yawn... I don't give a damn about petty video board wars- especially in baseball where bigger isn't necessarily better.

THIS.

Football is where the big boards matter, with instant replays and such. You don't get to replay balls and strikes or close plays in-stadium, so you'd be left with outstanding plays. I'd rather my baseball video board tell me who's batting, some stats on them, and tell me the speed of the last pitch. If you want to show me a live, over the pitcher's shoulder from the outfield, I'm good with that too.

Of course they will advertise too, but I don't need all the instant replays for baseball.

JMO.

Taog Redloh
01-22-2016, 02:56 PM
All we need to do in baseball is win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. That's it.

Nobody cares about the video board. We already have the talent. We need to win the mother f*cker in one of the next 3 years. End of discussion.

Political Hack
01-22-2016, 02:58 PM

Yep. I think we announced it way too early. They'll have to phase it in, which makes sense but it would've been nice to have the announcement and then phase 1 start the following offseason.

bulldogcountry1
01-22-2016, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't want a video board much bigger than what we have. It only makes it worse when it inevitably malfunctions.

defiantdog
01-22-2016, 04:41 PM
The one we're getting is perfect size for our new stadium. Besides, it's more fun to sit in the outfield right?

Bothrops
01-22-2016, 07:10 PM
The board in the rendering was pretty big. I sure wish some money folks would pony up and reduce the waiting time for this project.

Todd4State
01-22-2016, 08:09 PM

I thought they were going to do the outfield after this year and then the grandstand after 2017? And I could be mistaken.

weblow
01-23-2016, 08:59 AM
I thought they were going to do the outfield after this year and then the grandstand after 2017? And I could be mistaken.

I was told two weeks ago that we have not set a date yet because the funds are not in place to start yet. We won't start after this season.

Archidawg
01-23-2016, 10:08 AM
I was told two weeks ago that we have not set a date yet because the funds are not in place to start yet. We won't start after this season.

From a reliable source - A project this size will require multiple phases, beginning after this season. Make your donations today to help with the process. Hail State.

Political Hack
01-23-2016, 11:22 AM
From a reliable source - A project this size will require multiple phases, beginning after this season. Make your donations today to help with the process. Hail State.

I think that was the plan but I've heard from more than one reliable source the same thing weblow heard in that it's going to be pushed out a little. Others may have more details, but it's definitely going to be done in phases starting with the OF, but I heard that may even be pushed out another year due to some recent developments with the funding sources.

All that said, I sure as hell hope you're right. Would love to see them get this rolling. It will be the Mecca of colleg baseball and, IMO, will be Strick's crowning achievement as AD.

Steakonastick
01-23-2016, 11:54 AM
The first construction budget came back close to 60 million. Best case scenario is the outfield is done in 16, grandstand in 17, and the press box and sky boxes in 18. The lofts will have to be a whole seperate bulldog club project. So far the 20 million they wanted commited before breaking ground on the grandstand is not there yet.

Political Hack
01-23-2016, 12:10 PM
The lofts were the wow factor to me and that's what's apparently not solidified. They're going to have to be realistic about what they're offering there, how often people can use them, the costs, etc...

Political Hack
01-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Edited title of this thread as it has little to do with baseball on the field.

Mjoelner34
01-23-2016, 12:19 PM

If funding had been in place, I always thought that the grandstand was first in line and was supposed to happen after the 2015 season and be ready for this year then the LFL would get done at the end of the 2016 season followed by the Lofts whenever enough of them were sold.

One change has already been made. I walked around the stadium last weekend and noticed that they have extended the standing deck in right field by about 20 to 30 feet back from the fence. I don't think it was like that last year.

engie
01-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Moved the fence in...