PDA

View Full Version : Hey Howland

Dawg61
01-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Go get us this guy. Kavell Bigby-Williams 6'10 Power Forward averaging 15.6 points 13.6 rebounds 6.7 blocks per game. Watch the video.

http://www.hoopsfix.com/2015/11/kavell-bigby-williams-95-dominating-juco-early-with-gillette/

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Holy crap yes! Although upon watching the video more closely..his competition looks really weak. He still has great potential though.

Dawg61
01-22-2016, 12:45 AM
Holy crap yes! Although upon watching the video more closely..his competition looks really weak. He still has great potential though.

He's #1 in the country in rebounds and blocks.

messageboardsuperhero
01-22-2016, 12:52 AM
Between this cat and Ado we'd have more rim protection than we've had since Swat was here. I do hope we go after a JUCO big like this to help balance out our class numbers and provide us some maturity in the paint. Right now our only big men for 2016-17 are two freshmen and a sparingly used sophomore- not exactly what you was in P5 basketball. An older defender/rebounder would do us a lot of good.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 01:22 AM
In a conference in Wyoming...yes I know. I didn't say he wasn't good I just said the competition looked weak.

djaymsu5
01-22-2016, 09:05 AM
It does look like weaker competition but that guy is explosive and has attitude. I like it! We need to find a way to snag this kid!

Ifyouonlyknew
01-22-2016, 09:56 AM
Looks a lot like Kabongo did in his film last year. His #'s are better but they look similar.

drummerdawg
01-22-2016, 10:25 AM
I don't know if Goodluck Okonoboh has decided where he's going yet but he could be a good one to go after, though it's probably too late to get in the game for him.

Political Hack
01-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Ado is a beast on D around the rim. Can't wait to watch IJ let his man go right by him next year only to see it get rejected and go the other way for an easy dunk.

mparkerfd20
01-22-2016, 10:50 AM
After the crapshow we've seen on the floor with this year's bball team I forgot just how much talent we have coming in next year. So, I went back and watched all of our signees' tapes again. Good Lord we should see some vast improvement next year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 10:51 AM
unless IJ has a major attitude adjustment during off season to understand his role I hope he is processed.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 10:53 AM
while we won't world beaters next season I guarantee we win more games than we do this year. Not many more but still more. We will beat the teams we are supposed to beat and even a couple of surprise wins as well. The year after that we win 20+ games.

Dawg61
01-22-2016, 11:18 AM
Looks a lot like Kabongo did in his film last year. His #'s are better but they look similar.

13.6 rebounds and 6.7 blocks a game. And he's British!! Not that that matters one bit. Just kinda cool. Can you sneak his tape to BH? Thanks

MarketingBully
01-22-2016, 02:30 PM
while we won't world beaters next season I guarantee we win more games than we do this year. Not many more but still more. We will beat the teams we are supposed to beat and even a couple of surprise wins as well. The year after that we win 20+ games.

Love your extreme conservatism but we will have NINE 4+star talented players on this team next year. At minimum, we will be the second most talented team in the SEC next to Kentucky. Our floor will be the NIT.

MarketingBully
01-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Legitimate question. Did Ray even bring in a 3 star recruit?

Big4Dawg
01-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Legitimate question. Did Ray even bring in a 3 star recruit?

Everyone is pretty much automatically a 3*

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 02:40 PM
They are talented but not UK talented. They are probably all 4 year guys and a few 3 year guys in there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 02:46 PM
what about Bruno Fernando

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oefn46dLPsI

MarketingBully
01-22-2016, 02:47 PM
They are talented but not UK talented. They are probably all 4 year guys and a few 3 year guys in there.

I'd say Herard and Kegler are more then likely two year guys. Ado will have a chance in his third year depending on his offensive development. I think Peters and Carter are three year guys. Wright is a wildcard IMO and could be a 2-3 year guy. I think everyone in our class and Q will have a good shot in the NBA. Have you seen the tape of our recruits? Look at them. Howland will develop these guys into NBA players and I am not sure any of this class gets to their senior year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 02:49 PM
hope your right! Exciting times coming for MSU hoops!! I can't wait to see the big fish Howland reels in!!

Ifyouonlyknew
01-22-2016, 02:55 PM
I'd say Herard and Kegler are more then likely two year guys. Ado will have a chance in his third year depending on his offensive development. I think Peters and Carter are three year guys. Wright is a wildcard IMO and could be a 2-3 year guy. I think everyone in our class and Q will have a good shot in the NBA. Have you seen the tape of our recruits? Look at them. Howland will develop these guys into NBA players and I am not sure any of this class gets to their senior year.

Herard being a 2yr guy is going to depend a lot on his conditioning & how his offensive game expands. Kegler is a really good player but is a tweener in the league. His best position in college is a stretch 4 but a 6'7" that's undersized even for small ball in the league. He's not quick enough to guard 3's in the league. He's either going to have to lose 10-15lbs to be a pure 3 or his draft stock won't ever be that high. Wright is more of a NBA 2 guard than Carter IMO. If Howland can teach Peters how to run a team he could be the 1 who leaves the earliest but he has to develop into a true PG.

Dawg61
01-22-2016, 04:03 PM
Herard being a 2yr guy is going to depend a lot on his conditioning & how his offensive game expands. Kegler is a really good player but is a tweener in the league. His best position in college is a stretch 4 but a 6'7" that's undersized even for small ball in the league. He's not quick enough to guard 3's in the league. He's either going to have to lose 10-15lbs to be a pure 3 or his draft stock won't ever be that high. Wright is more of a NBA 2 guard than Carter IMO. If Howland can teach Peters how to run a team he could be the 1 who leaves the earliest but he has to develop into a true PG.

How's he going to develop into a true PG if Newman is running point? Newman is a shooting guard by nature not a PG so is Howland going to retard Peters development just for Newman? I now think Newman goes pro after this year. Just like Howland has said he will from day 1. Do I think Newman should go this year? No it'll cost him millions. I think Newman has a very tough decision to make. He really needs a lot of work to be a PG. He is a natural SG. He should just accept that and work on being the best SG he can be instead of forcing himself to become a PG. just my 2c

shannondawg
01-22-2016, 04:30 PM
How many minutes per game does Malik play PG? I haven't bothered to pay any
attention to that, but it seems that IJ plays most of the game at that spot.

I guess could deduct all the minutes that IJ plays and come up with that.