PDA

View Full Version : Lady Dawgs slowly 17ing up their hosting NCAA Chances! What a sHitty performance

99jc
01-21-2016, 09:05 PM
tonight!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-21-2016, 09:16 PM
The youth is rearing its ugly head..this is not even supposed to be our year...we will be bad ass next year and even more bad ass the following year.

Taog Redloh
01-21-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't follow that team at all, but all I have to do is look at the the schedule and see three '@' symbols in front of the three games we've lost. That tells me you're a little too emotional. The 3 teams we've lost to have 8 combined losses. Settle down.

dickiedawg
01-22-2016, 07:43 AM
Obviously there's a lot of basketball left and panicking at this point is premature. But we're getting pretty close to "no margin for error" territory.
A win Sunday makes the week a net positive, of course, but a loss puts us around 15-16 at best in the polls and leaves us without much wiggle room.
Spin it how you want, but last night was a bad loss and puts a top 4 seed in doubt really for the first time. Anything less than hosting that first weekend has to be considered a failure on the season.

Coach34
01-22-2016, 08:08 AM
I disagree. This team is really young. A top 4 seed was pretty ambitious.

MSUDawg99
01-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Talk about a damn trap game! They were already looking down the road & focused on Sun's game w/SC & obvs didn't give much thought to this one & tried to put it on Vivians back to win. They couldn't shoot for shit. Terrible game!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2016, 10:58 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Coach34 again.

maroonmania
01-22-2016, 11:06 AM
We certainly have a good women's team but they have a big achilles heel. And that is that they don't have a consistent scorer outside of Vivians. And even she can have some bad shooting nights (percentage wise). Watched a little of the game last night and it was painful for us on offense. I believe we had like 14 points at halftime. I haven't seen that many bricks laid since I built my last house.

Thompson92
01-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I think last night was a case of the team showing its youth. McGowan and Holmes will end up being really good, but they need more experience. UGA played good D, there were some pretty questionable calls, and the ball bounced their way all night, but we could have won that game. This team is close to being very good. Just gotta do better than 2-20 from 3

By the way, McGowan looks tall on TV, but in person she's a giant. She was easily 3-4" taller than anyone on their team.

maroonmania
01-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Well youth or no youth, we desparately need another true scorer on the team.

tcdog70
01-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Vic was about to have a heart attack with all the shitty calls. Terrible Refs. What Killed Us is we closed the gap and our 90% free throw shooting PG missed 3 straight free throws. Victoria should have shot it every time. The rest couldn't make a lay up.