PDA

View Full Version : Helmets at the NFLPA Collgiate Bowl Practice

Reason2succeed
01-21-2016, 05:16 PM
on ESPNU are about to make me puke. Guys have decals of the logos of other schools on their school helmet. What makes it worse is that Ole Miss seems to be a popular decal to slap on the side of your kid with these guys. First, how disrespectful to your alma mater and fans is it to rep another school as you are leaving and about to embark on your NFL career? Second and most importantly, how do we go about letting our players know that it is completely unacceptable to place another school's logo on top of the maroon and white? Does this need to be an athletic department rule or what? Because if I see a Bama, Lsu, auburn or God forbid an Ole Miss logo on one of our player's helmet I will be officially done with that guy. I don't want that. (Yes, I'm flipping out!)

BrunswickDawg
01-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Chill. This has been going on since at least the late 80s. Guys trade stickers with other players they make friends with. It means nothing.

Big4Dawg
01-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Can't tell if serious....

Ifyouonlyknew
01-21-2016, 05:45 PM
Yea may wanna go take a long walk.

Political Hack
01-21-2016, 06:28 PM
This has been a tradition for years and one I actually like. I'd better not see an OM sticker on a State player's helmet, but other than that I don't care. If that happens, they are banned from receiving Hack applaus during their NFL careers.

mic
01-21-2016, 06:39 PM
I don't think we have anyone playing in the game...
I know Hilton from UMiss is playing who else from that shit hole is ??.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-21-2016, 08:29 PM
We don't have anyone playing. OM has Hilton and Aaron Morris. Couple of guys from USM.

What stands out to me about this post is that OM had the foresight to know that players trade stickers, so I guarantee you they sent enough for every player out there to get one or two. This goes back to how much they promote themselves even though it makes me want to puke. Would we have thought to do this?

Same goes to the Oxford crap. It all goes back to how much they told everyone how great it was 15-20 years ago and didn't stop telling them until everybody heard it a million times. Have you seen their tv spot during games? If not, watch it this Saturday. It says, #1 beautiful campus. Why? because one person ranked it #1 at some point and they can now run with it until the cows come home.

ok; sorry. Going for a walk even though it's 28 degrees out and raining.

louisvilledawg
01-22-2016, 09:23 AM
on ESPNU are about to make me puke. Guys have decals of the logos of other schools on their school helmet. What makes it worse is that Ole Miss seems to be a popular decal to slap on the side of your kid with these guys. First, how disrespectful to your alma mater and fans is it to rep another school as you are leaving and about to embark on your NFL career? Second and most importantly, how do we go about letting our players know that it is completely unacceptable to place another school's logo on top of the maroon and white? Does this need to be an athletic department rule or what? Because if I see a Bama, Lsu, auburn or God forbid an Ole Miss logo on one of our player's helmet I will be officially done with that guy. I don't want that. (Yes, I'm flipping out!)

Tell me what roof you're about to jump of off so i can come rescue you.

It's pretty common for decals to get slapped on helmets in all star games.