PDA

View Full Version : Greg Eiland

Ifyouonlyknew
01-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Maybe Hev knew what he was doing by taking him early. LSU & Florida both offered yesterday. I could see him taking visits to LSU maybe both but there's nothing to worry about there. All of a sudden our OL class could have several SEC & Power 5 offers if we can close right.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Nice. Thanks for the update. How do you rank our OL possibilities & current commits in terms of upside?

Lashley
Eiland
Parker
Reese
Dowdell
And any I'm forgetting

Ifyouonlyknew
01-21-2016, 08:50 AM
Lashley
Davis
Reese
Eiland
Cushenberry
Dowdell
Parker

miketice
01-21-2016, 09:11 AM

defiantdog
01-21-2016, 09:42 AM
I think Greg's brother is going to be really good as well

Ifyouonlyknew
01-21-2016, 09:51 AM
I think Greg's brother is going to be really good as well

Yes he is. He plays nasty already & he's going to grow to about 6'3" or 6'4". He spent last weekend at MSU with Greg.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Poor ole Can't recruit Hevesy. Getting all these OL to visit now. Poor guy

msstate7
01-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Now that Florida and lsu want greg, will om jump back in?

defiantdog
01-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Feb 3

jumbo
01-21-2016, 10:18 AM
Yes he is. He plays nasty already & he's going to grow to about 6'3" or 6'4". He spent last weekend at MSU with Greg.

what position does his brother play?

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Feb 3oh it won't matter brother. If he sticks to the four or five he targeted early and loses one he can't recruit. If we go after more kids folks freak out and wonder who we losing. No win situation with this staff

Ifyouonlyknew
01-21-2016, 10:22 AM
what position does his brother play?

Plays DT 2018 kid.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4702818/highlights/316121381/v2

defiantdog
01-21-2016, 10:41 AM
oh it won't matter brother. If he sticks to the four or five he targeted early and loses one he can't recruit. If we go after more kids folks freak out and wonder who we losing. No win situation with this staff
Just giving you hell. I've got nothing against Hev. I'm just glad the staff is getting some linemen.

Westdawg
01-21-2016, 10:50 AM
there's some good stuff in that video.
needs to work on his pad level coming off the snap a little bit. when he faced better competition, he lacked some of the techniques to consistently put pressure on the plays....BUT he is only just a sophomore this past season, so i believe that will come. He has a HIGH MOTOR. doesn't take plays off from the way that film looks. Most DL, once the play is beyond them, they give up on it, however, with this kid, he is following the progression of the play and takes good angles to re-engage into the play. deceptively quick for his size. great first step. needs to work on getting off of cut blocks some. great initial punch, and good hands. I like this kid, if he progresses any at all, he is a good depth person, if he continues to develop like many expect him to, this kid will be a serious 0,1,3 tech DT that could legitimately anchor a Dline. he needs an offer as soon as he is allowed to get one.

mic
01-21-2016, 12:05 PM

It's year 8!!!!! He should be recruiting like this...

NeshobaChuck
01-21-2016, 12:17 PM
I know Greg fairly well goes to school with my younger brother. This kid is massive no joke and has huge hands really like this pick up and glad Greg chose us. Greg is 100% in the boat absolutely nothing to worry about

Dawgtini
01-21-2016, 12:31 PM
oh it won't matter brother. If he sticks to the four or five he targeted early and loses one he can't recruit. If we go after more kids folks freak out and wonder who we losing. No win situation with this staff

so true....unfortunately.

HancockCountyDog
01-21-2016, 12:38 PM
We have absolutely nothing to worry about here.

HoopsDawg
01-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Maybe Hev knew what he was doing by taking him early. LSU & Florida both offered yesterday. I could see him taking visits to LSU maybe both but there's nothing to worry about there. All of a sudden our OL class could have several SEC & Power 5 offers if we can close right.

Glad Steve, Robbie, Paul, and OM misevaluated him. That Hev, he's a genius.

preachermatt83
01-21-2016, 02:01 PM
I know Greg fairly well goes to school with my younger brother. This kid is massive no joke and has huge hands really like this pick up and glad Greg chose us. Greg is 100% in the boat absolutely nothing to worry about

This

Ifyouonlyknew
01-21-2016, 02:19 PM

Never said that but having other SEC schools offer does say something about if nothing else his potential.

I seen it dawg
01-21-2016, 02:30 PM

Well it's a good thing or hev might not have given him a second look

CadaverDawg
01-21-2016, 03:04 PM

Are you kidding me? If it takes the fans wanting you fired for you to start getting off your ass and recruiting....that doesn't make you a good recruiter once you do it.

Great, Hev is looking to close strong, but that doesn't change his last few years of soiled bed sheets.

But that's just me.

Now, if this got his ass in gear & he keeps it up,I'll change my stance....until then, one spurt of recruiting doesn't make one a great recruiter in my book. I want to see consistency.

AROB44
01-21-2016, 03:07 PM

Don't know about you, but I will take our coaches' evaluation over any of the ones you mentioned.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Well you can be a jerk that can't recruit when you are having a great season like 2014. When the o-line looks like Swiss cheese in 2015 people are going to start wondering why you are still employed though.