PDA

View Full Version : J T Ginn

Todd4State
01-20-2016, 08:45 PM
I saw where he committed to us yesterday for baseball- and I think he is a big time pick up for us. You don't see very many freshmen playing 6A varsity baseball in Mississippi at a place like Brandon- and you see even fewer of them hitting over .400 for the year.

He's also a pretty good pitching prospect as well already hitting in the mid 80's on his fastball.

My guess right now is he ends up being a possible dual position guy for us and plays third base- and that's assuming we get Jeremiah Jackson from Mobile away from MLB. Jackson is our SS of the future- and has five tool potential. He also has played on Team USA's team for his age group.

And then you have Luke Hancock who is from a good Houston HS program in Mississippi- and he has a rocket launcher behind home plate.

2018's baseball class is getting me pretty excited since this is what we have brought in already with a long way to go. I can't wait to see how we round out the class.

Political Hack
01-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Wow. He hit .400 in 6A ball as a freshman? That's impressive. I don't care if he can pitch or not, sign him up.

bulldogcountry1
01-20-2016, 09:41 PM
This is good news, but it's hard to get excited when we sign HS sophomores. We will see at least 5 defensive coordinators come and go before they finally realize their potential in summer ball.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2016, 10:38 PM
I played baseball with his dad and know them well. JT played for east coast travel team this past summer and held his own on the circuit with a bunch of older kids and d1 prospects. He spent last weekend at State throwing for Coach Johnson and hit 90. His dad told me we want him
To pitch and play infield. Here's another rub for the Rebs, JT's played a lot of ball with Biancos kid. He's gonna be a good un!

Todd4State
01-20-2016, 10:40 PM
This is good news, but it's hard to get excited when we sign HS sophomores. We will see at least 5 defensive coordinators come and go before they finally realize their potential in summer ball.

We should be excited that we have already signed two of the top players in Mississippi along with one of the top prospects in the country. Baseball recruiting has a trend where players are signed younger and younger. Our 2017 class is already over halfway finished at this point.

What happens is these guys go play summer ball on elite level teams and tournaments and help us land other big time prospects over the course of the next two years.

Todd4State
01-20-2016, 10:45 PM
I played baseball with his dad and know them well. JT played for east coast travel team this past summer and held his own on the circuit with a bunch of older kids and d1 prospects. He spent last weekend at State throwing for Coach Johnson and hit 90. His dad told me we want him
To pitch and play infield. Here's another rub for the Rebs, JT's played a lot of ball with Biancos kid. He's gonna be a good un!

I know Ole Miss wanted him pretty badly. But Ginn is a MSU legacy too.

I think Ginn is athletic enough to possibly play SS- but it's way too soon to know for sure. We'll have to see how tall he gets since he is still growing. My guess would be that he ends up at third base for us as well as a pitcher as you said. He's definitely a legit dual threat guy- which is HUGE in college baseball with the scholarship limits.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2016, 10:51 PM
I know Ole Miss wanted him pretty badly. But Ginn is a MSU legacy too.

I think Ginn is athletic enough to possibly play SS- but it's way too soon to know for sure. We'll have to see how tall he gets since he is still growing. My guess would be that he ends up at third base for us as well as a pitcher as you said. He's definitely a legit dual threat guy- which is HUGE in college baseball with the scholarship limits.

Yeah his grandfather played at State. JT gonna be big like him too. He passed his dad in height about 3 years ago lol! JT hit a hr off a vandy signee with a wood bat last summer at a tournament in Birmingham. I think you're right about 3rd too. Johnson told his dad he gonna have him throwing 95 by time he leaves State.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Just talked to his dad and we need to give Coach Johnson props here. Dad told me last he heard it was between lsu and ole miss. Coach Johnson blew him away. Doing work! His dad played at Carey And is a huge Gator fan. Told him he gonna have to get him some Maroon now!

Bucky Dog
01-20-2016, 11:02 PM
Todd do you know anything on the Loposer kid from Prep? I think he is in 10th grade this year and hear he is a stud from friends in Jackson and both of his parents are State grads, but I had heard he committed to OM. Is that related to playing with Bianco's kid as well? Hopefully we can get him back on board.

Backspin
01-20-2016, 11:08 PM
Ginn hasn't "signed" with MSU...he has committed. Players can't sign until November of their senior year.

Todd4State
01-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Todd do you know anything on the Loposer kid from Prep? I think he is in 10th grade this year and hear he is a stud from friends in Jackson and both of his parents are State grads, but I had heard he committed to OM. Is that related to playing with Bianco's kid as well? Hopefully we can get him back on board.

Well, there are two Loposer's at Prep. Knox and Brock. The older brother is a catcher for them and led the team in home runs with 4. He's the one that is committed to Ole Miss. Not sure if that is because of Bianco's son- but I kind of doubt it since they both play the same position but Bianco is a year older than Loposer.

I doubt we could get him back because we have a commitment from Luke Hancock at catcher in the same class.

Prep has a couple of good prospects- and one of them is Matthew Myers who I know would be an Ole Miss lean. He needs to progress some before anyone offers him for baseball though.

The best prospect on their team for 2018 IMO is Nik Hogan. He's already 6'5" 265 and he is a good football prospect as well as baseball. From what I understand we have a very good chance of getting him and I think he would play both sports at MSU. He hasn't played a lot for them yet because of guys ahead of him and Hogan being a freshman- but he's a guy to watch going forward.

Commercecomet24
01-21-2016, 01:51 AM
We should be excited that we have already signed two of the top players in Mississippi along with one of the top prospects in the country. Baseball recruiting has a trend where players are signed younger and younger. Our 2017 class is already over halfway finished at this point.

What happens is these guys go play summer ball on elite level teams and tournaments and help us land other big time prospects over the course of the next two years.

+1000 this is exactly how baseball works now.

MsStateBaseball
01-21-2016, 07:35 AM
Matthew Myers committed to OM first week of December.

Saltydog
01-21-2016, 09:17 AM
They've been putting out some talent there the last few years. Too bad the Shumpert kid that was so highly regarded never panned out. Think he got in some trouble and ended up going the JC route. Not sure where he's at now.