PDA

View Full Version : Bull shark caught in Tombigbee River

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2016, 07:24 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2016/01/20/bull-shark-caught-tombigbee-river/79019340/

Treemydawg
01-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Mane , that's one funny look breams on my hook.

BeastMan
01-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Thats a crazy catch but I've always heard bulls tolerate the fresh water. When I wade fish in MS, the bulls are what im nervous about.

Johnson85
01-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Thats a crazy catch but I've always heard bulls tolerate the fresh water. When I wade fish in MS, the bulls are what im nervous about.

Pretty sure they've caught bulls as far north as St. Louis, so I'd say they can tolerate it pretty well. Saw one story about a guy out of vicksburg that could regularly catch sharks there.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2016, 03:41 PM
They've been known to be over 1,000 miles upstream in rivers. When you think about it that gives them one hell of a range and enough to really make you think about the water you're out having fun in. Bulls scare me more than any other shark when we go to the beach in the summer. I've always been told you really don't want to know how close you are to sharks when you are out in the water. Since I have two small kids we just don't go very far out. Which is hard since my daughter would be halfway to Cuba if I didn't keep an eye on her.

Johnson85
01-26-2016, 04:04 PM
They've been known to be over 1,000 miles upstream in rivers. When you think about it that gives them one hell of a range and enough to really make you think about the water you're out having fun in. Bulls scare me more than any other shark when we go to the beach in the summer. I've always been told you really don't want to know how close you are to sharks when you are out in the water. Since I have two small kids we just don't go very far out. Which is hard since my daughter would be halfway to Cuba if I didn't keep an eye on her.

People that swim out to sand bars have no idea. Haven't ever fished sand bars near beaches where people swim, but on sand bars off of barrier islands, sharks will just cruise back and forth over them to feed. Obviously must be very safe to swim to sandbars considering how few attacks there are, but I still avoid going out there.

SpeckleDawg
01-26-2016, 05:32 PM
I used to worry about sharks and had a few take fish from my stringer. Once I stepped on a sting ray and took one to the ankle, they are all I worry about when wading now.

BeastMan
01-26-2016, 06:02 PM
I used to worry about sharks and had a few take fish from my stringer. Once I stepped on a sting ray and took one to the ankle, they are all I worry about when wading now.

I dance more in 10 minutes of wade fishing than I have my entire life.

Slight hijack Speck, if you had a cpl hours to burn on Saturday and wanted to target bulls from a pier with cracked crab, would you go to a pier up front or in the bay?

SpeckleDawg
01-26-2016, 07:48 PM
I dance more in 10 minutes of wade fishing than I have my entire life.

Slight hijack Speck, if you had a cpl hours to burn on Saturday and wanted to target bulls from a pier with cracked crab, would you go to a pier up front or in the bay?

For whatever reason, there seems to be a ton of big reds in the bay. We've always caught them along the car bridge and train bridge. I see a lot of reports from people catching them on the BSL/ Waveland piers. That's where I would head for sure - west side of the bay.

BeastMan
01-26-2016, 08:43 PM
For whatever reason, there seems to be a ton of big reds in the bay. We've always caught them along the car bridge and train bridge. I see a lot of reports from people catching them on the BSL/ Waveland piers. That's where I would head for sure - west side of the bay.

Thanks and 10-4. Probably hit up Washington street. I've had luck on some Bulls there.