PDA

View Full Version : So Steve says today..

Bucky Dog
01-20-2016, 06:24 PM
That he is beyond 100% certain that UNM has been, is, and will be investigated and implicated in multiple sports, that include multiple coaches, multiple AD's and administrations! Apparently he's being challenged online and accused of being a participant in this great set up against the almighty Ole Miss.
It was great listening to him describe them as demented, ego maniacal lunatics with some great sense of self!!

MSUDawg99
01-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Yeah it's been quite entertaining over the last couple of weeks watching him go back & forth on his Twitter with these douche canoes.

Coach34
01-20-2016, 06:32 PM
nahhhhh- just an Elitedawg Conspiracy mane

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2016, 06:45 PM
Yeah it's been quite entertaining over the last couple of weeks watching him go back & forth on his Twitter with these douche canoes.

How dare you insult douche canoes.

Reason2succeed
01-20-2016, 07:59 PM
It sounded like at the end of his (or one of the other Bulldawgs app radio shows) from today that he was insinuating an announcement could be made within the next few weeks. He doesn't didn't say it directly it he simply insinuated about how fun the next few weeks would be because recruiting and other events including an announcement about their investigation. I would fully understand why if someone knew when the hammer was going to fall they might not openly report it because things are fluid and can still change. Is there more info out there that people are holding close to the vest?

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2016, 08:09 PM
He's gone on record of saying 6-8 weeks. No idea what he's basing that on

gravedigger
01-20-2016, 08:13 PM
That he is beyond 100% certain that UNM has been, is, and will be investigated and implicated in multiple sports, that include multiple coaches, multiple AD's and administrations! Apparently he's being challenged online and accused of being a participant in this great set up against the almighty Ole Miss.
It was great listening to him describe them as demented, ego maniacal lunatics with some great sense of self!!

That cant be true. Steve has no credibility according to many at sps and here because he works for swan lake.

Ask yourself, where are the asterisks?

Then go get your ged.

PassInterference
01-20-2016, 08:14 PM
Seriously, ask yourselves this question:

If the Ole Miss in NCAA trouble narrative was bullshit, why would Ole Miss fans care so deeply about it?

BossDawg
01-20-2016, 08:35 PM
It sounded like at the end of his (or one of the other Bulldawgs app radio shows) from today that he was insinuating an announcement could be made within the next few weeks. He doesn't didn't say it directly it he simply insinuated about how fun the next few weeks would be because recruiting and other events including an announcement about their investigation. I would fully understand why if someone knew when the hammer was going to fall they might not openly report it because things are fluid and can still change. Is there more info out there that people are holding close to the vest?

You know they're busting their asses and working overtime trying to keep this stuff from getting out of control and making it to the public. I just hope opposing coaches are using it to recruit.

pilldawg
01-20-2016, 08:40 PM
And MSU fans should be holding Hugh Freezes feet to the fire on social media over it. Why are you lying to all your children Hugh?

Bucky Dog
01-20-2016, 08:41 PM
Yep Steve is just part of the conspiracy that C34 started and we are all gullible idiots. Steve sounded pretty sure that the shit is about to hit the fan.

Op4isabitch
01-20-2016, 08:41 PM
I implore all of you to take a little Twitter time and send excerpts of the ULL findings to each of their recruits, think of it as a personal service announcement.

Wouldn't be very nice if they only received the a Ole Miss version of the situation. Here's a little attachment you can send them.

HancockCountyDog
01-20-2016, 08:45 PM

I implore all of you to take a little Twitter time and send excerpts of the ULL findings to each of their recruits, think of it as a personal service announcement.

Wouldn't be very nice if they only received the a Ole Miss version of the situation. Here's a little attachment you can send them.

Please don't tweet at recruits. It never ends up helping us. Ever.

Feel free to post about it and do whatever you want to on here and other MSU boards, but leave the recruiting to the coaches.

DancingRabbit
01-20-2016, 08:47 PM

I'm not on twitter.

But, I don't think much of tweeting at recruits. I could see tweeting at recruit's HS coaches. Plus Freeze, Bjork, Bear reporters, etc.

Political Hack
01-20-2016, 08:48 PM
I thought this was just a cray-cray Elitedawgs conspiracy?

Strange how everyone else is now picking up on what's happening.

RougeDawg
01-20-2016, 08:59 PM
All I can say is I've had a nice pricey bottle of single batch that has been waiting for the day!! Making my mouth water just thinking about it.

thf24
01-20-2016, 09:01 PM
I think it's safe to say that every coach in the SEC at least knows as much as there is to know right now and will be telling the recruits they're fighting OM for. No need for fans to tweet them.

Op4isabitch
01-20-2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah you guys are probably correct, don't tweet the croots, just put it out there as often as possible.

Tweeting it to the recruits was a bad idea on my behalf.

Taog Redloh
01-20-2016, 10:36 PM
Maybe he ought to look in the mirror.

Jack Lambert
01-20-2016, 10:44 PM
thier recruits know it. Why would they care? Hell if is true what as been posted on Elite Dawg they got their money and it doesn't matter where they play College Football if they are NFL talent. So what if Ole Miss loses scholarships and can't go bowling for a few years. No sweat off them and a pocket full of money during that time at ole Miss. Hell they are gone in three anyways.

whosyourdawgy
01-20-2016, 11:07 PM
Those damn recruits better be careful leaving Oxford on Sunday. Some crazy ass criminal is gonna follow them home and stop em and steal the red backpacks I'm halfway joking but if they are giving serious cash out during these weekends some nut job is bound to catch on and take advantage

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2016, 11:22 PM
The driver will make sure they get home safely.

lastmajordog
01-21-2016, 08:37 AM
Coach 34....what would be more detrimental to the football team, to have many infractions against multiple sports or some against just the football team? Or is there any way of knowing?

lastmajordog
01-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Those damn recruits better be careful leaving Oxford on Sunday. Some crazy ass criminal is gonna follow them home and stop em and steal the red backpacks I'm halfway joking but if they are giving serious cash out during these weekends some nut job is bound to catch on and take advantage

Criminal's or business savvy hookers.......

msstate7
01-21-2016, 08:51 AM
Coach 34....what would be more detrimental to the football team, to have many infractions against multiple sports or some against just the football team? Or is there any way of knowing?

I'm no expert by any means, but I think it's whether the ncaa charges you with lack of institutional control or not

Entodawg
01-21-2016, 09:02 AM
I wonder how this big winter storm moving in will affect their weekend

Coach34
01-21-2016, 09:16 AM

You obviously want as many infractions against football as possible- but if they really are looking at multiple violations under multiple staffs and AD's- lack of institutional control is best. More severe penalties.

The OM people are trying to spin it as its nothing really in football- just old stuff under Nutt- but thats supposedly not the case at all.

jimbo352
01-21-2016, 09:46 AM
You obviously want as many infractions against football as possible- but if they really are looking at multiple violations under multiple staffs and AD's- lack of institutional control is best. More severe penalties.

The OM people are trying to spin it as its nothing really in football- just old stuff under Nutt- but thats supposedly not the case at all.

Infractions against current coaching staff/ad is the key here as far as the football team being punished. Hopefully the current admin can't pin most of the shit on the last staff and ad....

All of those mystery injuries/sickness excuses for players sitting out games last year could have been them trying to save face under the current investgation.

A ton of rumors out there right now, if half sticks, and new/old staffs are both found "guilty" i think they'll recieve significant sanctions.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-21-2016, 09:48 AM
I wonder if men's basketball and the ex softball coach recruiting trips will ever go public

maroonmania
01-21-2016, 10:31 AM
Infractions against current coaching staff/ad is the key here as far as the football team being punished. Hopefully the current admin can't pin most of the shit on the last staff and ad....

All of those mystery injuries/sickness excuses for players sitting out games last year could have been them trying to save face under the current investgation.

A ton of rumors out there right now, if half sticks, and new/old staffs are both found "guilty" i think they'll recieve significant sanctions.

Not sure why they should get any less punishment if most of the violations were under Nutt. Its not like they got rid of Nutt because they were trying to clean up their program, he only got canned because of losing. CJ Johnson was one of the most obvious, in your face illegal recruitment/flips of the past 10 years. I certainly wouldn't want them to get off lightly on that (if its even part of the allegations) just because that happened under Nutt. Its STILL the same network.

shoeless joe
01-21-2016, 10:31 AM
I wonder how this big winter storm moving in will affect their weekend

Freeze better get on his direct line and make sure it doesn't get as bad as some forecasts say.

Bubb Rubb
01-21-2016, 10:34 AM

The problem with this is that the current head coach was part of that stuff with Nutt. And the Saunders stuff overlaps.

The bigger problem is this: once the NCAA gets into your kitchen, they start looking at more stuff. They have or will find stuff from the current staff. Even the most rebelly of rebels are acknowledging that there will be a slew of secondary violations - things that they quickly spin by saying that "everyone reports secondary violations." The problem is that you have major violations, particularly around academic fraud, in multiple sports spanning ADs and coaching staffs. Secondary violations on top of that will make that snowball get quickly out of control.

We know about Saunders. The guy got an 8 year show clause (!) based on what they stumbled on at ULL while looking into his time at Ole Miss. We know about Tunsil and Hampton (the players served suspension, but the institution still will have sanctions - that's not over). We know about the women's basketball stuff. There's a lot of stuff we don't know and that should be scary to the Rebs. But what we do know is enough to nail them.

My Rebel friends who are connected acknowledge that probation is coming but it will be minor. They say the Tunsil and Hampton stuff is over, and the NCAA found nothing else, despite three years of digging. They say that Saunders did not give the NCAA anything on Ole Miss. Maybe they are right, but the smoke (and the logic) suggests otherwise.

If I were a Rebel I would be very concerned that a guy like Rosebowl would put himself on the line like this if nothing were to come of it. My Rebel friends assert that it's a coordinated MSU effort to damage recruiting. Again, we shall see.

DancingRabbit
01-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Bubb Rubb, Freeze was not part of the Nutt staff. He was with Orgeron.

Freeze did work with Saunders, who worked for both Orgeron and Nutt.

Bubb Rubb
01-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Bubb Rubb, Freeze was not part of the Nutt staff. He was with Orgeron.

Freeze did work with Saunders, who worked for both Orgeron and Nutt.

You are correct. I incorrectly over-generalized the situation. They are looking at stuff from previous staffs as we have heard, with Saunders being the constant, and it's a problem because Freeze has a connection with him. That's how I should have said it.

maroonmania
01-21-2016, 10:56 AM
The problem with this is that the current head coach was part of that stuff with Nutt. And the Saunders stuff overlaps.

The bigger problem is this: once the NCAA gets into your kitchen, they start looking at more stuff. They have or will find stuff from the current staff. Even the most rebelly of rebels are acknowledging that there will be a slew of secondary violations - things that they quickly spin by saying that "everyone reports secondary violations." The problem is that you have major violations, particularly around academic fraud, in multiple sports spanning ADs and coaching staffs. Secondary violations on top of that will make that snowball get quickly out of control.

We know about Saunders. The guy got an 8 year show clause (!) based on what they stumbled on at ULL while looking into his time at Ole Miss. We know about Tunsil and Hampton (the players served suspension, but the institution still will have sanctions - that's not over). We know about the women's basketball stuff. There's a lot of stuff we don't know and that should be scary to the Rebs. But what we do know is enough to nail them.

My Rebel friends who are connected acknowledge that probation is coming but it will be minor. They say the Tunsil and Hampton stuff is over, and the NCAA found nothing else, despite three years of digging. They say that Saunders did not give the NCAA anything on Ole Miss. Maybe they are right, but the smoke (and the logic) suggests otherwise.

If I were a Rebel I would be very concerned that a guy like Rosebowl would put himself on the line like this if nothing were to come of it. My Rebel friends assert that it's a coordinated MSU effort to damage recruiting. Again, we shall see.

So Tunsil's Stepfather spent hours with the NCAA spilling his guts (supposedly) to everything that went on in Tunsil's recruitment and they got NOTHING? If he didn't spill his guts maybe they were just swapping fishing stories during all that time.

Coach34
01-21-2016, 11:02 AM
The NCAA didn't meet with Tunsil's step-dad twice for no reason. They spin it as "he sat 7 games- that's the end of it." Oh no no no- the reason he sat 7 games is what is going to get them in trouble.

People led also need to ask themselves this:

Do you think Rosebowl would be so confident and act the way he does if it didn't come from someone credible? I think our administration knows all about it- and is leaking it thru Steve and others to get the word out. I've never seen info like this being pushed out- and it's consistent info. Plus you have what's been said in the ULL documents that implicates them as well

Bubb Rubb
01-21-2016, 11:09 AM
The NCAA didn't meet with Tunsil's step-dad twice for no reason. They spin it as "he sat 7 games- that's the end of it." Oh no no no- the reason he sat 7 games is what is going to get them in trouble.

Do you think Rosebowl would be so confident and act the way he does if it didn't come from someone credible? I think our administration knows all about it- and is leaking it thru Steve and others to get the word out. I've never seen info like this being pushed out- and it's consistent info. Plus you have what's been said in the ULL documents that implicates them as well

And again, this is just stuff we know about so far, and it's enough to do damage. There's tons of stuff out there that's been speculated for a long time that is hanging over their heads too.

Big4Dawg
01-21-2016, 11:16 AM

Now we just need Steve & Paul to ask recruits during interviews "What do you think about the rumored NCAA infractions around the OM program and does that have any affect on your recruitment?" We know Yancy would.

DancingRabbit
01-21-2016, 11:20 AM
During the Freeze era have there been any sketchy qualifiers that took their ACT at Waynesboro?

BossDawg
01-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Now we just need Steve & Paul to ask recruits during interviews "What do you think about the rumored NCAA infractions around the OM program and does that have any affect on your recruitment?" We know Yancy would.

Indeed. They need to be asked about it every day.

gtowndawg
01-21-2016, 12:15 PM

Here, here my good man.

State82
01-21-2016, 12:17 PM

No doubt. Redmond sat for over a year and we still got popped pretty good over just that one incident.

Mjoelner34
01-21-2016, 01:12 PM

People also need to ask themselves this:
1. What caused ULL to be investigated?
2. Did ULL have multiple sports under investigation?
3. Did ULL have to sit a player for 7 games this year?
4. Did ULL land a top 5 recruiting class out of thin air after a losing season?

ULL lost 11 schollys and got 2 years probation for lesser infractions that didn't even originate at their school.

Bucky Dog
01-21-2016, 02:17 PM
So does anyone believe this will slow down the Network at the BIG recruiting weekend next week? Or are they just that arrogant and ignorant?!

Martianlander
01-21-2016, 02:19 PM
So does anyone believe this will slow down the Network at the BIG recruiting weekend next week? Or are they just that arrogant and ignorant?!

Your question summed it up.

notsofarawaydawg
01-21-2016, 02:22 PM

Hopefully the NCAA has a mole planted in the recruiting group coming in for the weekend.

MadDawg
01-21-2016, 02:29 PM

The Network is like a umiss sorority house on the weekend - no holes barred.

Bully13
01-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Hopefully the NCAA has a mole planted in the recruiting group coming in for the weekend.

That would be awesome

thf24
01-21-2016, 02:46 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/62010040.jpg

CarolinaDawgs
01-21-2016, 03:05 PM
This shit is better than "Making A Murder"

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Can we seriously not get someone from here go to Oxford during their big weekend with a GoPro? I'm pretty sure Yancy live tweets every place the recruits are so it wouldn't be difficult to follow them around and capture some improprieties?

lastmajordog
01-21-2016, 05:04 PM

I've heard two UNM lines of thinking...first is "everybody cheats".....second is "everybody cheats BUT....We have more money/trees/WOMEN/tradition etc. so we are BETTER. Almost like a mafia guy bragging about committing a crime but beating the rap. Most avg UNM money folks I know are not concerned one bit. They think either it won't be bad OR this class will be worth it cause they will win so many games and go to Atlanta...PERCEPTION. In other words most think this is ONLY THE BEGINNING of "another unm dominance" of the SEC.

Todd4State
01-21-2016, 05:10 PM

I can't see Paul doing that. He's too professional.

Rosebowl on the other hand- possibly.

Todd4State
01-21-2016, 05:11 PM
During the Freeze era have there been any sketchy qualifiers that took their ACT at Waynesboro?

Tony Conner.

Bucky Dog
01-21-2016, 05:22 PM

Don't you know there will be so much social media around there that enough shit will be coming out of there! Someone needs to go camp out at the Library!

Op4isabitch
01-21-2016, 05:39 PM
I've heard two UNM lines of thinking...first is "everybody cheats".....second is "everybody cheats BUT....We have more money/trees/WOMEN/tradition etc. so we are BETTER. Almost like a mafia guy bragging about committing a crime but beating the rap. Most avg UNM money folks I know are not concerned one bit. They think either it won't be bad OR this class will be worth it cause they will win so many games and go to Atlanta...PERCEPTION. In other words most think this is ONLY THE BEGINNING of "another unm dominance" of the SEC.

Ha, I don't know any Ole Miss money folk but I know several who try to ACT like they have money! A bunch of wannabes in that fan base. Most of them are just Joe averages or below.

Nothing wrong with that but I hate people who try to keep up with the Jones's even when they can't afford it and the UNM fan base is full of those kind of people.

Political Hack
01-22-2016, 10:31 AM
They've adopted the auburn approach, and if they're going to win big, they have to.

"We will cheat. we will occasionally get caught. We will go on probation. But, we will also win big because we cheat."

Look at what Auburn has done with that model. They don't care about probation and they've got SEC and National championships to show for it.

engie
01-22-2016, 10:51 AM
The implication that Steve would make it up in order to help MSU is humorous beyond reproach after the Redmond deal...

Coach34
01-22-2016, 11:14 AM
The implication that Steve would make it up in order to help MSU is humorous beyond reproach after the Redmond deal...

exactly. And if he was- he would be asking recruits about it and such. He isn't doing that

coastdoglover
01-22-2016, 11:41 AM
exactly. And if he was- he would be asking recruits about it and such. He isn't doing that

A high school coach told me yesterday that the Alabama coach who is recruiting a player from his school told him they were positive the NOA was in the hands of the Alabama based law firm TSUN has hired. He said by doing that TSUN can avoid the open records laws in Mississippi. They are pros at deceit.

spbdawg
01-22-2016, 12:02 PM
#

starkvegasdawg
01-22-2016, 12:18 PM
They could try that route but they would open themselves up to a lawsuit.....they have a duty to maintain either the original document or a duplicate because they are a public body under MS state law. They can't "give it away" without consequences. Once they possess a document, it becomes the taxpayers' document and Ole Miss doesn't get to decide which documents the public can dispossess.

But who is going to take the time to file a lawsuit and incur those legal fees over this? That is what they are banking on. They may not be able to legally prevent its release but they have enough lawyers to make someone really have to want it to get it and drag that process out as long as possible.

lastmajordog
01-22-2016, 12:48 PM
They could try that route but they would open themselves up to a lawsuit.....they have a duty to maintain either the original document or a duplicate because they are a public body under MS state law. They can't "give it away" without consequences. Once they possess a document, it becomes the taxpayers' document and Ole Miss doesn't get to decide which documents the public can dispossess.

Would the public record angle also include the "Missing" infraction emails/letters sent to Freeze? How about correspondence between Brother Scruggs and Boone/Kayak ?? I always thought that would be wonderful NCAA reading material.

Political Hack
01-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Would the public record angle also include the "Missing" infraction emails/letters sent to Freeze? How about correspondence between Brother Scruggs and Boone/Kayak ?? I always thought that would be wonderful NCAA reading material.

No. OM has already skirted the law by not providing them. It would take legal action to force them to release them and apparently the commercial appeal and clarion ledger are too chicken shit to do it.

spbdawg
01-22-2016, 01:23 PM
#

BrunswickDawg
01-22-2016, 01:28 PM
If they have 85 emails, then they are public records unless state law exempts them from public review. The MS Ethics Commission can now compel all public bodies including higher ed to produce public records which are not exempt from the law. It's an administrative remedy....not a judicial process....so few expenses (as in no attorneys fees). You literally fill out a form and they go from there.
And it also opens a political shit storm if the the Ethics Commission pushed the issue.

spbdawg
01-22-2016, 01:29 PM
#

spbdawg
01-22-2016, 01:33 PM
#

Coach34
01-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Somebody out there needs to force the issue

Political Hack
01-22-2016, 02:14 PM
It will take a judge issuing a court order to get those released. Period.

MadDawg
01-22-2016, 02:52 PM
This was one of the Ethics Commission's first enforcement actions re: public records....copy/paste into browser

http://www.ethics.state.ms.us/ethics/ethics.nsf/PageSection/A_records_R-14-022/$FILE/R-14-022.FINAL.ORDER.pdf?OpenElement

There is a $100 per violation penalty for failing to follow public records laws. This penalty is levied against the public official in his/her person capacity. If an official blows off multiple requests for the 30 or so missing emails, the personal penalty could reach $10K quickly.....plus the requesting party still gets the records.

$10k is a small price to pay to keep the recruiting train rolling right along.

LC Dawg
01-22-2016, 04:32 PM
$10k is a small price to pay to keep the recruiting train rolling right along.
It's one signing bonus.

Thick
01-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Why can't the NCAA Rules & Infractions Division release the info if requested?

Thick
01-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Can't a news agency request that info from the NCAA? If not, total bullshit!

Coach34
01-22-2016, 04:48 PM

They dont release anything until the investigation is completed

Mjoelner34
01-22-2016, 04:52 PM
They dont release anything until the investigation is completed

By 'investigation' you mean their final ruling not the initial NOA correct? Otherwise, someone could petition them now if the NOA has been delivered.

Op4isabitch
01-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Somebody out there needs to force the issue

Who? It seems like that suggestion has been made numerous times. Surely someone on here is familiar with the process or is in a position to do it.

Coach34
01-22-2016, 05:05 PM
I can't answer that question. All I know is that they have indeed received their letter- and FOI's have been requested

Really Clark?
01-22-2016, 05:09 PM
By 'investigation' you mean their final ruling not the initial NOA correct? Otherwise, someone could petition them now if the NOA has been delivered.

Well they do not send a NOA until the investigation is completed.

JDog13
01-22-2016, 05:10 PM
I can't answer that question. All I know is that they have indeed received their letter- and FOI's have been requested

The CL won't admit it, but they've submitted a FOI.

Really Clark?
01-22-2016, 05:10 PM

It violates their own bylaws.

SheltonChoked
01-22-2016, 06:22 PM
Is it really just filling out the for. And requesting the information? No $$$? If so post it here. Have about 50 of us ask and break them.

Spiderman
01-22-2016, 06:28 PM
I can't see Paul doing that. He's too professional.

Rosebowl on the other hand- possibly.

Yancy does it because he is part of Ole Miss's institutional recruiting. Our guys are outsiders. They don't play golf with Mullen like that worthless slob Rounsaville does with Freeze. Hell, I heard from people they even eat breakfast together some. He and Yancy are insiders.

Rosebowl and the rest are outsiders.

Political Hack
01-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Yancy does it because he is part of Ole Miss's institutional recruiting. Our guys are outsiders. They don't play golf with Mullen like that worthless slob Rounsaville does with Freeze. Hell, I heard from people they even eat breakfast together some. He and Yancy are insiders.

Rosebowl and the rest are outsiders.

I've heard that Freeze goes as far as telling them what they need to be reporting. Nothing really improper about that I suppose, but kind of crazy if he's really rhat engaged in the recruiting cycle.

Bucky Dog
01-22-2016, 06:42 PM
And why won't guys like Finebaum or other media mention any of this? Is it that they are afraid OM would sue them for putting something out there that isn't fact and hurting their recruiting? I get they want to be certain before reporting it at that level but you would think we would have heard some ESPN or SECN insider saying he is "hearing" about it.