PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard if the season ticket prices are going to change for football?

Jack Lambert
01-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Or Bulldog Club contributions for your seats. Just preparing the check book.

rabbitthedawg
01-20-2016, 12:03 PM
I have five seats in the scoreboard club at $1,100 per seat, which gives one the right to purchase the tickets. If they increase any more, I'll be watching the games in the cool of my living room or sports bar.

notoriousdog
01-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Since there are only 6 home games next year, I suspect the price of each ticket will drop by about $40-50. Also as opposed to hosting LSU, Bama, and OM, we get AUB-ARK-TAMU which brings the price of the SEC games slightly down.

bobcat91
01-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Ticket prices will remain the same so Stricklin can raise them the next year when we have 7 home games.

IMissJack
01-20-2016, 06:37 PM
Or Bulldog Club contributions for your seats. Just preparing the check book.

If the stock market keeps going down there may be a lot less sold this year.

Jack Lambert
01-20-2016, 06:39 PM
If the stock market keeps going down there may be a lot less sold this year.

Not trying to be negative but we sold over 50k and a lot of that was because of Dak. we might just as many as this year.

Bigedawg
01-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Ticket prices will remain the same so Stricklin can raise them the next year when we have 7 home games.

This exactly. I have been told prices will stay the same this season even though one fewer game. Then the following season, I am sure they will raise prices because there is an "extra" game. I'm sure the same will happen with tailgating companies too.

If anyone thinks prices will go down, they are fooling themselves.

Jack Lambert
01-20-2016, 10:49 PM
This exactly. I have been told prices will stay the same this season even though one fewer game. Then the following season, I am sure they will raise prices because there is an "extra" game. I'm sure the same will happen with tailgating companies too.

I don't mind them staying the same. If there were 7 games they would go up this season. I just don't want them to go up for 6.

BulldogBear
01-21-2016, 04:20 PM

This is how it works. For all the flap about revenue lost when not having an extra home game, the truth is that gives ADs a chance to raise prices without as much catchback and griping. For instance, I think an upper deck seat was $30 a game ($210 for the season ticket). So they'll "keep the same price this year." But with only six games that will actually make it $35 per game. In 2017 $35 per game (7) becomes $245 per season ticket. It's a sneaky way to raise prices when there really isn't any reason or justification to do so and this is exactly what will happen.