PDA

View Full Version : Gerri Green bumped to 4* on 247

bocfarm
08-08-2013, 01:23 PM
By the national guys, here's what Barton had to say about Gerri and his rating increase.

We had been planning on bumping Gerri Green to a four-star for a while and we went ahead and did it today. With senior film, he could go way up. Love his upside. he's extremely long, athletic and versatile. The only question mark with Gerri to me - based on the film we've been able to gather - is how much does he really love contact, how physical is he. If he can answer that reservation, his ranking could soar this season.

I actually think he'd be a great tight end. He's long, extremely athletic, has soft hands and he'll add weight easily. I'm anxious to see how he develops this fall but he's one of the more high-upside guys in this 2014 class IMO.

AlSwearengen
08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
From his physical measurements, I wonder if he ends up as a weak side D end. And that explanation by 247 explains why he was on top of our lb board and why bucky had him rated as his number 1 recruit in state above the tackle from jackson.

ckDOG
08-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I like his versatility. I'm sure he'd make a fine TE, but with the added stress the no-huddle offenses are putting on defense, the fact he can play multiple positions on D is going to make him very valuable on that side of the ball. It's like having the option of a different player without substituting. That's a huge value playing against a no-huddle spread concept team when you don't have time to sub someone in/out.

engie
08-08-2013, 03:12 PM
From his physical measurements, I wonder if he ends up as a weak side D end. And that explanation by 247 explains why he was on top of our lb board and why bucky had him rated as his number 1 recruit in state above the tackle from jackson.

Nailed it. He's very similar coming out to KJ Wright IMO...

Now, we are intending to use him at LB -- but I agree -- he certainly has potential to be a 4-3 DE and then kick back into a 3-4 LB -- and is actually quick enough at this point to be ok in some coverage I'd think...

An abundance of these hybrid players are how teams will eventually evolve to shut down the no huddle hurry up IMO... It allows you to show most of your different defensive looks(with little to no drop off) with the same personnel groups on the field, essentially doing the same thing right back to them to them that they are trying to do to you(mass confusion)...In theory, with "a" Wells and Green, you can run every alignment imaginable. 4-3 to 3-4, 4-2-5 to 3-3-5.

We need more players in the Matt Wells mold as well... He basically does the same thing for us as a LB/S hybrid. Think Beni Brown has potential to be almost identical in that regard(and Richie too speedwise, but I expect him to stay in the middle)...

engie
08-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I like his versatility. I'm sure he'd make a fine TE, but with the added stress the no-huddle offenses are putting on defense, the fact he can play multiple positions on D is going to make him very valuable on that side of the ball. It's like having the option of a different player without substituting. That's a huge value playing against a no-huddle spread concept team when you don't have time to sub someone in/out.

Nailed it as well!

mic
08-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Since we are talking about * there is no question that Elijah gets his or should get his 4th soon.

biscuit
08-09-2013, 07:52 AM
good for him

msstate7
08-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Since we are talking about * there is no question that Elijah gets his or should get his 4th soon.

Nick Fitzgerald is someone I'm watching also. He's a 3-star now and this will be his first year as a starting qb (pretty sure anyway)