PDA

View Full Version : You sunshine pumped better get real...

preachermatt83
01-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Warning: If you don't like posts that are negative or "Whiny" stop reading now. I'm sorry guys I just gotta get something out or I'm going bust. Now proceed with caution!

There is a very good chance we are about to lose AJ and if we do there better be some people go ballistic. We should never lose a starkville kid!!! Ever!! I'm getting furious with this garbage recruiting our staff does. The GTT, Simmons and Knott,..... 4 out of the 5 better be ours or I'm gonna go ape crazy. And I will tell you this. We are going to be very lucky to get 3 out of the 5. My guess is... AJ-Bama(grief that makes me want to fire our whole staff right now), Simmons- OM, Knott- Toss up between us and Bama, Lashley and Kobe- us. If we only get those two im through with this staff permanently.

Beaver
01-19-2016, 11:16 AM
There is a very good chance we are about to lose AJ

Where are you getting this information?

tcdog70
01-19-2016, 11:17 AM
I see where Knott said nobody asked Him to Commit this weekend. That seems strange.

Saltydog
01-19-2016, 11:18 AM
nt

BeardoMSU
01-19-2016, 11:18 AM

Satan is whispering sweet nothings in his ear....unfortunately, he is listening.

BrunswickDawg
01-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Orgeron told him.**

Jack Lambert
Warning: If you don't like posts that are negative or "Whiny" stop reading now. I'm sorry guys I just gotta get something out or I'm going bust. Now proceed with caution!

There is a very good chance we are about to lose AJ and if we do there better be some people go ballistic. We should never lose a starkville kid!!! Ever!! I'm getting furious with this garbage recruiting our staff does. The GTT, Simmons and Knott,..... 4 out of the 5 better be ours or I'm gonna go ape crazy. And I will tell you this. We are going to be very lucky to get 3 out of the 5. My guess is... AJ-Bama(grief that makes me want to fire our whole staff right now), Simmons- OM, Knott- Toss up between us and Bama, Lashley and Kobe- us. If we only get those two im through with this staff permanently.

You lost all credibility with the Coach O prediction.

ScoobaDawg

Woooohooooo!!!! It's a lock then we get him.
Thanks Matt.

Ogre gonna be our DC. It's a lock!!!!

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-19-2016, 11:23 AM
I ain't gonna pump sunshine. But I also ain't gonna jump to wrong conclusions based off the fact that Dan did the right thing this weekend.

BeardoMSU
01-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Woooohooooo!!!! It's a lock then we get him.
Thanks Matt.

Ogre gonna be our DC. It's a lock!!!!

Preach is the Sith to I Seen It Dawg's Jedi. There must be balance in the force.***

MarketingBully
01-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Whine complain and do what you want on February 4th if your doomsday predictions happen. Until then, please just STFU.

Jack Lambert
01-19-2016, 11:28 AM
I see where Knott said nobody asked Him to Commit this weekend. That seems strange.

Be funny all these coaches have gotten together to trap Ole Miss in recruiting.

SignalToNoise
01-19-2016, 11:29 AM
If you whiff on this after the Coach O thing then maybe you should sit the next few plays out. Maybe take some time off.

Big4Dawg
01-19-2016, 11:37 AM

These last 6-7 kids have always said they want to take all of their visits and then will commit. If Dan is begging each one of them to commit, looks desperate. And also, most of them are going to OM the last week. I'd rather Jobe Jones go there, uncommitted/under the radar, rather than committed with a huge target on his back.

msstate7
01-19-2016, 11:37 AM
Preacher just living by the word...

Be thee pessimistic in all things -- 3 Corinthians 1:19

No, this isn't the Bible... Me playing

Really Clark?
01-19-2016, 11:39 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/62/ef/41/62ef41c29334f36d3ba3a9d4fa9e2d73.gif

Commercecomet24
01-19-2016, 11:41 AM
You mean the same garbage recruting that got us to #1 and the best player in our history?

HancockCountyDog
01-19-2016, 11:42 AM
https://taskandpurpose.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/IWN47e5.gif

Jack Lambert
01-19-2016, 11:43 AM

I am having a colonoscopy in February I suspect they will find some of the same asinine crap there. I just haven’t pulled any of mine out yet.

DownwardDawg
01-19-2016, 11:48 AM
Preacher needs his damn gall bladder back!

Mjoelner34
01-19-2016, 11:56 AM
I am having a colonoscopy in February I suspect they will find some of the same asinine crap there. I just haven’t pulled any of mine out yet.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.

OSCAR
01-19-2016, 12:11 PM
I dont think hes wrong about Bama getting AJ and the bears getting Simmons if signing day was today. Lucky for us, signing day is not today! Get off the ledge, we will make a late strong push that will make a difference. Like C34 said, remember Leo, we can close late instate battles. :cool:

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 12:22 PM

IF this happens then we all will be a little irate and it would warrant a real overview of everything we do in recruiting. However, we haven't lost ANY of the guys you list YET so can we delay the meltdown UNTIL there is actually something to meltdown over? Its not like most of us as sidewalk fans have any control over any of it anyway.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-19-2016, 12:24 PM
I dont think hes wrong about Bama getting AJ

This is the only one that concerns me....could be Freddie Milons 2.0

Maroonthirteen
01-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm not officially a sunshine pumper.

IMO, if Bama really wants him, they get him. The GTR is as much a Bama area as it is MSU. So there that influence on top of the 16 national championships. Unless he is a huge MSU fan, I expect him to sign there....ifhe is a priority for them.

Simmons....again, the network has made him a highly sought after target..... I don't expect him to sign with State.

All of it is out of our control. Also, I don't think it is an indictment of ******* ability to recruit.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Kobe said that he and Simmons are playing together.

JDog13
01-19-2016, 01:00 PM
This thread sucks worse than my posts do.

thf24
01-19-2016, 01:01 PM
I wish people who don't have real sources wouldn't pose their predictions/opinions like they're actually based on something to hopefully make it look like they're "in the know" if they happen to be right. You just make yourself look like an idiot by being wrong more often than not, and even if you do get a few right, it's not going to last because YOU DON'T HAVE REAL INFORMATION. It's just idiotic and childish and needlessly stirs up the more hysterical among us.

confucius say
01-19-2016, 01:06 PM
I wish people who don't have real sources wouldn't pose their predictions/opinions like they're actually based on something to hopefully make it look like they're "in the know" if they happen to be right. You just make yourself look like an idiot by being wrong more often than not, and even if you do get a few right, it's not going to last because YOU DON'T HAVE REAL INFORMATION. It's just idiotic and childish and needlessly stirs up the more hysterical among us.

Yep.

MarketingBully
01-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm not officially a sunshine pumper.

IMO, if Bama really wants him, they get him. The GTR is as much a Bama area as it is MSU. So there that influence on top of the 16 national championships. Unless he is a huge MSU fan, I expect him to sign there....ifhe is a priority for them.

Simmons....again, the network has made him a highly sought after target..... I don't expect him to sign with State.

All of it is out of our control. Also, I don't think it is an indictment of ******* ability to recruit.

Aside from Freddie Millons, who has Alabama pulled from the GTR area? You are full of shit.

starkvegasdawg
01-19-2016, 01:16 PM
This thread sucks worse than my posts do.

You're probably right.

http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/width620/img/entertainment_impact/photo/15964016-mmmain.jpg

Johnson85
01-19-2016, 01:17 PM

+1

I really don't get people without sources being so adamant.

stalkingpoon
01-19-2016, 01:23 PM
AJ isn't coming. All I'm hearing from his people is that it's a long long shot. If he lived 30 mins down the road we probably get him.

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 01:28 PM
AJ isn't coming. All I'm hearing from his people is that it's a long long shot. If he lived 30 mins down the road we probably get him.

So far the folks that think AJ is a lost cause are Preacher and posters with less than a hundred posts. Given that, I'm not worried just yet. Now obviously, he JUST got back from Tuscaloosa so it would be expected that they got a bump. However, he didn't commit so we will see how things play out.

chef dixon
01-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Funny because if anything I feel more confident AJ is coming to MSU after his Bama visit.

stalkingpoon
01-19-2016, 01:35 PM
I want him just as bad as the next guy. But it's not happening. Unless there's something major that changes his mind.

preachermatt83
01-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Hey... GOOBS, I'm not predicting anything!! I am simply worried about it. Gomers. I very seldom make recruiting predictions. I don't claim to be a recruiting insider, I have nailed more predictions than I have missed. My big miss was calling O a done deal. He and dan did talk(while some of u goobers were laughing about my prediction) He could have very easily gotten the job if he had wanted it. My mistake was saying it was a done deal. The problem with many of you is that you don't have balls enough to state what you have heard in fear of being wrong and yet the whole while search every thread to find somebody who missed on a prediction and then rag them about it while all along not having nuts enough yourself to make any kind of prediction, while others like me just put out what we have heard. If we are wrong so be it. This is a message board.. It's for things of that nature. If you can't handle it go stalk some kids on Twitter or something or troll on nafoom. Morons.

louisvilledawg
01-19-2016, 01:50 PM

So he'll be a starkville walgreens cashier after his playing days are over?

JDog13
01-19-2016, 01:53 PM
You're probably right.

http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/width620/img/entertainment_impact/photo/15964016-mmmain.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/1qn59g.gif

Ifyouonlyknew
01-19-2016, 01:53 PM

His people? What do you mean his people?

stalkingpoon
01-19-2016, 01:58 PM
I work with some of his family.

HSVDawg
01-19-2016, 02:07 PM

Freddie Milons was totally different from AJ's recruitment. There was not a single person that ever thought he was going to MSU at any point. He wanted out to the bright lights, and our offense at the time was probably one of the most unappealing in the country to WR's.

DanDority
01-19-2016, 02:10 PM
I am having a colonoscopy in February I suspect they will find some of the same asinine crap there. I just haven?t pulled any of mine out yet.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again

Irondawg
01-19-2016, 02:12 PM
If AJ doesn't sign with MSU I don't think it's going to be because of anythign we did or didn't do as much as he just wants to leave Starkville for college - it would stink for us but I believe we've put our best foot forward. Now we'll wait and see if it's enough or not.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Freddie Milons was totally different from AJ's recruitment. There was not a single person that ever thought he was going to MSU at any point. He wanted out to the bright lights, and our offense at the time was probably one of the most unappealing in the country to WR's.

It's not about the status of our program, but more to do with our location. Both of their recruitments come down to them wanting to leave Starkville and since they're good enough to get a Bama offer, it makes the most sense. There's no way they would play in oxford.

oldjoedawg
01-19-2016, 02:28 PM
If you really are a minister, you have a pretty rotten approach to discussing things with other folks who differ in opinion. Dismissing fellow fans as "GOOBS" reflects poorly on you and the ONE you claim to represent. And, it doesn't matter if you are responding to comments that are negative toward you. As a minister, myself, I'll admit to struggling with the whole thing of 'turning the other cheek' and 'blessing those who curse you' but that is supposed to be the 'heartbeat' that we live by. At this moment I am not sure that my attitude towards you is what it should be. Just giving you something to think about as I will be doing.

Hey... GOOBS, I'm not predicting anything!! I am simply worried about it. Gomers. I very seldom make recruiting predictions. I don't claim to be a recruiting insider, I have nailed more predictions than I have missed. My big miss was calling O a done deal. He and dan did talk(while some of u goobers were laughing about my prediction) He could have very easily gotten the job if he had wanted it. My mistake was saying it was a done deal. The problem with many of you is that you don't have balls enough to state what you have heard in fear of being wrong and yet the whole while search every thread to find somebody who missed on a prediction and then rag them about it while all along not having nuts enough yourself to make any kind of prediction, while others like me just put out what we have heard. If we are wrong so be it. This is a message board.. It's for things of that nature. If you can't handle it go stalk some kids on Twitter or something or troll on nafoom. Morons.

MarketingBully
01-19-2016, 02:29 PM
It's one thing to talk and say you don't want to play in Starkville when you grew up there but when the weight of the situation happens and you have a chance to help your home town and become a legend in your home town that weighs heavily on a kid. In the end, I still say we get AJ. No matter what he says right now signing day is two weeks away. Also, he is going to OV us on January 27th before that last trip to Ole Miss. If it goes well, I am thinking he doesn't take that trip to Oxford.

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 02:34 PM

No comparison to the MSU program at the time Milons was coming out to the MSU program today. Milons signed in Feb 98 which was just after we went 7-4 with a last minute loss to OM and didn't even make a bowl game. But before that Sherrill had had two straight losing seasons I believe. Our program should be 10 times more attractive for AJ than it was for Milons. Bama will always be a good program but they are only the juggernaut they are now because they have the best coach in the entire country. Before Saban arrived Bama had good teams (as they always will) but they were certainly not routinely head and shoulders above everyone else. Once he leaves or steps down I doubt even Bama fans would believe they could stay at the same level.

shoeless joe
01-19-2016, 02:39 PM
I was told, and posted, several months back that AJ wouldn't play at state. Things change over time and people change their minds but I have heard/seen/read nothing that has made me question what I was told and who told me. So I will be pleasantly surprised if we get him...I will also be pleasantly surprised if Jennifer Anniston crawls in bed with me tonite

Jack Lambert
01-19-2016, 02:42 PM
I was told, and posted, several months back that AJ wouldn't play at state. Things change over time and people change their minds but I have heard/seen/read nothing that has made me question what I was told and who told me. So I will be pleasantly surprised if we get him...I will also be pleasantly surprised if Jennifer Anniston crawls in bed with me tonite

With a little KY Jelly, Magazine and a little imagination she can crawl into bed with you every night.

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 02:45 PM

If he takes it to signing day that tells me we aren't getting him. I can understand him wanting the visits right now uncommitted but if he takes it to signing day then to me it means he wants to leave MSU but doesn't want the grief he will get locally by actually committing to Bama ahead of time. It amazes me the horrible luck we have. Best prospect coming out of Starkville in decades and HE is the one that seemingly has an issue staying at home to play college ball.

jumbo
01-19-2016, 02:47 PM

if you are predicting we dont get Brown then I like our chances even more than I already do

NCDawg
01-19-2016, 02:50 PM
Aside from Freddie Millons, who has Alabama pulled from the GTR area? You are full of shit.

Most of the posters on this board are probably too young to remember, but they pulled Joe Carter from Starkville many years ago, around 1980 I think, who was probably the best running back in the state at that time. I recall he recovered the fumble on a hit by Johnie Cooks and ran it in for the TD in 1981, a game in which we lost 10-7.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Best prospect coming out of Starkville in decades and HE is the one that seemingly has an issue staying at home to play college ball.

It's a double whammy...not only lose a great player, but it only fuels the fire of the other SEC teams about the Starkville perception.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-19-2016, 02:56 PM
Most of the posters on this board are probably too young to remember, but they pulled Joe Carter from Starkville many years ago, around 1980 I think, who was probably the best running back in the state at that time. I recall he recovered the fumble on a hit by Johnie Cooks and ran it in for the TD in 1981, a game in which we lost 10-7.

https://books.google.com/books?id=wR-HNCyR6e0C&pg=PA87&lpg=PA87&dq=Joe+Carter+from+Starkville&source=bl&ots=TmZI2Upeir&sig=TbABXka0aojszPiNeTBezzBejbI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYm4qF1LbKAhXH8j4KHbv9DdMQ6AEIPTAF#v=on epage&q=Joe%20Carter%20from%20Starkville&f=false

Maroonthirteen
01-19-2016, 03:00 PM

Who from the GTR has made an NFL roster in that time? Sherrod....and???? According to what I read, Sherrod didn't have an offer from Bama.

I will openly admit. I don't follow recruiting that closely. I said......In my opinion......my opinion is based on following SEC football, more specifically State, for 30 years. I have seen both situations before......

Also, I put my opinion out there for rebuttal. If yall have some inside info that suggest, the trend will be bucked.....feel free to refute my observation. But I am not making a prediction to boost my cred. I don't know any one of yall and probably never will. I couldn't care less what yall think of my post. Im here to read about MSU. Nothing more or less.

jumbo
01-19-2016, 03:14 PM
Best prospect coming out of Starkville in decades and HE is the one that seemingly has an issue staying at home to play college ball.

Can anyone produce an actual quote from AJ saying that he wants to get out of Starkville or Mississippi? I've been hearing for months everyone so adamant that AJ has said these things, yet I have yet to see one single article or interview with those words in it.

msstate7
01-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Ifyouonlyknew, Hancockcountydog, and jumbo are very good recruiting guys... All feel good about aj, so I'll be very surprised if we don't get aj.

Bully13
01-19-2016, 03:22 PM
This thread sux liquid shit thru a straw

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 03:33 PM

This whole recruiting cycle has brought about as much enjoyment as a proctology exam for MSU fans. Its only rivaled by the CJ Johnson, Brassell year.

Vandelaydawg
01-19-2016, 03:34 PM
If you really are a minister, you have a pretty rotten approach to discussing things with other folks who differ in opinion. Dismissing fellow fans as "GOOBS" reflects poorly on you and the ONE you claim to represent. And, it doesn't matter if you are responding to comments that are negative toward you. As a minister, myself, I'll admit to struggling with the whole thing of 'turning the other cheek' and 'blessing those who curse you' but that is supposed to be the 'heartbeat' that we live by. At this moment I am not sure that my attitude towards you is what it should be. Just giving you something to think about as I will be doing.

Preachermatt needs to be sent on an Aerosmith inspired vacation.

GreenheadDawg
01-19-2016, 03:37 PM
This whole recruiting cycle has brought about as much enjoyment as a proctology exam for MSU fans. Its only rivaled by the CJ Johnson, Brassell year.

Exactly. A proctology exam by Edward ScissorHands

engie
01-19-2016, 03:41 PM

And if we sign all the targets -- there will be a dozen happy threads and people will talk about it for a week. If we don't sign them all -- there will be hundreds of meltdown threads -- and people will talk about it until next February. Mississippi State - Where the fanbase can only be "happy" -- when they are miserable.

JoseBrown
01-19-2016, 03:52 PM
If he takes it to signing day that tells me we aren't getting him. I can understand him wanting the visits right now uncommitted but if he takes it to signing day then to me it means he wants to leave MSU but doesn't want the grief he will get locally by actually committing to Bama ahead of time. It amazes me the horrible luck we have. Best prospect coming out of Starkville in decades and HE is the one that seemingly has an issue staying at home to play college ball.

Not neccesarily so though, there are at least a few that have been discussing waiting till NSD to sign and commit.

ScoobaDawg
01-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Some people need to re-read this....and confirmed by IfYouOnlyKnew

FYI, you are going to hear a lot about AJ Brown and Bama from now until signing day. Please ignore. Don't say anything bad about the kid, let him enjoy his visits, let him enjoy the attention. In the end, I truly believe that he ends up at MSU.

AROB44
01-19-2016, 03:55 PM
And if we sign all the targets -- there will be a dozen happy threads and people will talk about it for a week. If we don't sign them all -- there will be hundreds of meltdown threads -- and people will talk about it until next February. Mississippi State - Where the fanbase can only be "happy" -- when they are miserable.

Or bitching....

Commercecomet24
01-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Or bitching....

AMEN!!!

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 03:59 PM

I'm specifically talking about the recruiting cycle as of now (Jan 19). Obviously if we all wake up Feb 4th and sign all our top targets then the celebration will commence and nobody will remember any of this because, bottom line, its all about who you sign. But for those of us that monitor commitments and how things are going in recruiting for a number of months prior to signing day, yes, its been rough.

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 04:02 PM

Not really true, a year ago today the vast majority of MSU fans were quite happy with recruiting. We had most of our top targets in the boat and were really just monitoring Leo Lewis.

engie
01-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Or bitching....

I'd say "and" not "or". Miserable and bitching.

I never understand why people make the vast majority of their posts out of misery. If the MSU sports of today make them this miserable -- I can't imagine what the everyday world does to them. Preachermatt can be outlandish -- but at least he's outlandish both ways. Which makes him real and for me personally enjoyable to read. The same can't be said for a significant portion of the doom and gloomers -- a large percentage of people posting in this very thread who will disappear when something good actually happens.

engie
01-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Not really true, a year ago today the vast majority of MSU fans were quite happy with recruiting. We had most of our top targets in the boat and were really just monitoring Leo Lewis.

They talked about it for a week -- then started melting about this class. And we had a bunch of top targets that a bunch of chicken littles were scared to death of losing even last year. But like you said in the previous post -- people forgot and dismissed all of their meltdowns when the best case scenario happened.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-19-2016, 04:32 PM

Yep and this class is much different in that there are several elite players within 30 minutes of the MSU campus that we're fighting for. If we had AJ and Kobe in the boat, I'd bet the tone would be a little different.

Dawgbite
01-19-2016, 04:32 PM
With a little KY Jelly, Magazine and a little imagination she can crawl into bed with you every night.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jack is now my favorite poster. Mutt was number 1 and he lost it, turned in his wings. Now Jack is number 1!

Spiderman
01-19-2016, 04:45 PM

I thought Freddie was personal training folks.

sleepy dawg
01-19-2016, 06:44 PM

This is almost banworthy until after signing day. C34? Aren't we trying to control some kind of message here?

Leroy Jenkins
01-19-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm specifically talking about the recruiting cycle as of now (Jan 19). Obviously if we all wake up Feb 4th and sign all our top targets then the celebration will commence and nobody will remember any of this because, bottom line, its all about who you sign. But for those of us that monitor commitments and how things are going in recruiting for a number of months prior to signing day, yes, its been rough.

There's your problem.

preachermatt83
01-19-2016, 07:19 PM
This is almost banworthy until after signing day. C34? Aren't we trying to control some kind of message here?

Don't get ur panties in a wad

preachermatt83
01-19-2016, 07:23 PM

The insults were facetious. Don't get all bothered.

Coach34
01-19-2016, 07:30 PM

We dont talk about "Crootin"on OUR prospects....Recruiting talk is fine.

preachermatt83
01-19-2016, 07:48 PM
Hey!!!! Who put rosebl lol on my description line!!!!???!! You bums!!! Hahaha!!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-19-2016, 08:22 PM

Is that really what Freddie is doing now?

sleepy dawg
01-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Don't get ur panties in a wad

My panties are just fine and dandy, thank you... I would only consider myself a sunshine pumper when it comes to recruiting, but nothing else. I just try to be as positive as possible so nothing can be used against us until after signing day... carry on.

preachermatt83
01-19-2016, 09:11 PM
My panties are just fine and dandy, thank you... I would only consider myself a sunshine pumper when it comes to recruiting, but nothing else. I just try to be as positive as possible so nothing can be used against us until after signing day... carry on.

Nothing I said is negative towards any player nor could anything I said be used against us. It's all good.

Dawgface
01-19-2016, 10:17 PM

Sounds horrible. Never tried it.

Swami Dawg
01-20-2016, 03:11 AM
Hello Friends,

After for to reading this thread I am being feeling like this.

http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/IDareYouToTouchTheElectricFence-17046.gif

At begining it was for to be OK but then it began to hurt Swami's eyes.

Please no for to be doing this anymore.

Swami