PDA

View Full Version : Chances of winning Saturday just went up

msstate7
01-19-2016, 07:40 AM
Saiz won't play. He practically avgs a double double and is the 2nd leading rebounder in the sec. No excuses for ware to not dominate

louisvilledawg
01-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Hopefully Ware won't pick up any dumb fouls like he did against Tennessee. and I pray we don't go zone. Moody will score 50 if we do.

MSUDawg99
01-19-2016, 10:00 AM
We're not goin zone anymore. Howland said in TN post game presser that they were goin back to man & that zone wasn't working...regardless of how many fouls they get in they're sticking with man. The refs for the TN game were atrocious. If there was a call that they could call in favor to TN they did. There was absolutely no home court advantage with them! TN's shots were also on the money too...ours werent so much.

CJDAWG85
01-19-2016, 10:07 AM
Not to be negative... But unless we blow them out, there's a good chance we won't win. Most of our losses this year are close losses and are due to us not being able to make the plays down the stretch. We can't get out of our own way.

maroonmania
01-19-2016, 11:36 AM
We're not goin zone anymore. Howland said in TN post game presser that they were goin back to man & that zone wasn't working...regardless of how many fouls they get in they're sticking with man. The refs for the TN game were atrocious. If there was a call that they could call in favor to TN they did. There was absolutely no home court advantage with them! TN's shots were also on the money too...ours werent so much.

The answer should never be all man or all zone. We should play what helps negate our opponent's strengths the most. Playing a ton of zone probably wasn't the best idea against TN given they are one of the smallest teams in the SEC and we shouldn't have stayed in it as long as we did after they came out hitting everything they threw up. However, the zone has been VERY effective in certain games including almost getting us an upset over A&M. Arkansas was another game we stayed in it too long given they were shooting 3 pointers out of their minds. Going all man is going to keep Ware on the bench due to foul trouble most of the time which is not good either.

Dawg61
01-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Going zone has helped our team. I think it's a mistake to scrap it after an 0-4 start. We've been close in all 4 games because we've gone to zone imo they'd be blowout losses in man to man.

mic
01-19-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm sure we will play both... Depending on match ups Ect...

drummerdawg
01-19-2016, 12:53 PM
Saiz won't play. He practically avgs a double double and is the 2nd leading rebounder in the sec. No excuses for ware to not dominate

As long as they have Moody and he shoots 25+ times a game, they'll be hard for us to beat. We give up too many 3's and he shoots a ton of those.

Dawg61
01-19-2016, 01:00 PM
As long as they have Moody and he shoots 25+ times a game, they'll be hard for us to beat. We give up too many 3's and he shoots a ton of those.

We also give up a shit ton of offensive rebounds and foul early and often so pick your poison. I'd rather get beat from deep than giving up endless uncontested layups.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-19-2016, 01:03 PM
We also give up a shit ton of offensive rebounds and foul early and often so pick your poison. I'd rather get beat from deep than giving up endless uncontested layups.

That's normally true but we actually did a good job rebounding against TN. They just hit 10 3's.

Dawg61
01-19-2016, 01:10 PM
That's normally true but we actually did a good job rebounding against TN. They just hit 10 3's.

Howland didn't watch the aTm @ UT game tape? Tennessee was draining 3s all game vs aTm. They are undersized but can really shoot it from deep. I know I gave a warning about it 3 days before we played them. Oh well. This year is ****ed anyways.

msstate7
01-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Reb on sps says newby will be out too... Maybe for year

RIdog
01-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Reb on sps says newby will be out too... Maybe for year

What's wrong with these guys ?

msstate7
01-19-2016, 01:36 PM
What's wrong with these guys ?

No idea on newby. Saiz having eye surgery

louisvilledawg
01-19-2016, 01:55 PM
Who is ready for chicken to have 18 points and 14 turnovers??? I know i am.

louisvilledawg
01-19-2016, 02:03 PM
my prediction:

close game throughout. moody lights it up. newman, q, and ware ball out. chicken gets the ball down 2 with like 20 seconds left. he drives hard to the paint and runs into two of ole miss' goons down low. He can kick it to malik in the corner for a wide open three but he's like "hell nah, that freshman ain't taking my glory. i'm going for gold! ICE MAN!!" He then pump fakes and jumps into one of ole miss' goons trying to draw a foul. No foul is called and ole miss steals the ball and runs out the clock for a 2 point victory. Then, I sit back on my couch, whisper "I told you so" to my black lab, and start pounding Natty lite fence posts while listening to jewel.

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-19-2016, 03:26 PM
I can see us winning by 10+ on Saturday and Ware absolutely beastmoding. All of their points have come from Moody and Siaz and they have no big man outside Siaz. I can see Moody getting frustrating and getting in foul trouble and that takes away like 70% of their points. Hopefully with the relaxed pressure, we can see Newman starting to emerge.

Has a line come out yet?

Leroy Jenkins
01-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Delete

the59dawg
01-19-2016, 05:15 PM

Not the refs fault. TN shot about 50% on 3's and were pretty consistent thruout the game. Even at the end when we would get to 3 or 4 pts, down went a 3. 50% on 3's is like 75% on 2's. You can't beat a team that is shooting 75%

MarketingBully
01-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Not the refs fault. TN shot about 50% on 3's and were pretty consistent thruout the game. Even at the end when we would get to 3 or 4 pts, down went a 3. 50% on 3's is like 75% on 2's. You can't beat a team that is shooting 75%

Actually, there were a few 50/50 calls that went Tennessee's way in which if they go our way, we win the game. At least 2 or 3 of the charges they called on us could easily have been called blocking fouls and usually are called that way at home. I saw several charges where the Tennessee player was moving into our guy and not set but they called the charge anyway.

MSUDawg99
01-19-2016, 05:46 PM

Like I said...TN's shots were on the money too, ours weren't so much.

But the refs called a bunch of crap calls too.

MarketingBully
01-19-2016, 05:48 PM
We win by 10+ Saturday and here's why. We will actually have a crowd there and by crowd I mean 7K+. That should be enough of a crowd to also get the 50/50 calls from the refs as well.

MarketingBully
01-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Like I said...TN's shots were on the money too, ours weren't so much.

But the refs called a bunch of crap calls too.

Yep and the game was close enough where two or three of those calls go our way, we win easy.

msstate7
01-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Moody didn't play last 5 mins of regulation and OT with an apparent hamstring injury. Will we find a way to lose to a mash unit om team?

BayouDawg
01-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Moody didn't play last 5 mins of regulation and OT with an apparent hamstring injury. Will we find a way to lose to a mash unit om team?
We've yet to disappoint when it comes to finding ways to lose. These seniors should really think about starting a horseshoe club because they're really good at almost doing good things

Mjoelner34
01-19-2016, 10:30 PM
No idea on newby. Saiz having eye surgery

Newby also has eye problems.

louisvilledawg
01-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Hopefully Ware won't pick up any dumb fouls like he did against Tennessee.

Well, that didn't go as planned haha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2016, 09:51 AM
But careful not to say that the game saturday is a "must win" because Bonner doesn't agree and hates that term.

banded
01-20-2016, 10:28 AM
We need to win this game. I know it would be a huge booster for the team!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2016, 10:40 AM
you got Chicken doing this? nah IJ all day!!