PDA

View Full Version : Another recruiting question...

CadaverDawg
01-19-2016, 12:48 AM
I read through the recruiting interviews from the guys that visited over the weekend, & one thing was common in every single interview. Every player said, "nobody asked me to commit, they didn't pressure me, they just said to let us know your decision and to consider MSU".

Now, I'm not trying to be overly critical, but that is about the worst "closing" I have ever heard of if true. I like that we aren't pressuring them too hard, but for goodness sakes you aren't going to get a commitment if you don't ask for it. Knott even said, "nobody asked me to commit, but I'm sure they would have been fine with it if I did".

What? Am I missing something?

http://i.imgur.com/i9i6KNt.jpg

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2016, 01:19 AM
I hear you...

I don't think asking a player to commit will help with that player because he's ultimately going to sign where he wants to go. However, getting commitments from highly recruited players does build momentum and can absolutely help land another player that wants to make sure he's Goin somewhere he can win.

That's being said though, this staff usually locks up commitments earlier than most, and have seen that doesn't help either.

SDDawg
01-19-2016, 01:37 AM
I am reserving judgment until NSD, I think Mullen has got something figured out this year.

Leroy Jenkins
01-19-2016, 01:42 AM
http://www.seriouslyjacque.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/5118544_std.jpg

So, we still feeling good about that 32 piece set?

smootness
01-19-2016, 02:42 AM
Perhaps Mullen is sick and tired of getting commits early only for all the spotlight come signing day to be on others. Maybe he's decided he's going to have every single one of our top targets commit at the end and get all the spotlight. Could help explain Davis and Lashley as well.

Spiderman
01-19-2016, 03:10 AM
Perhaps Mullen is sick and tired of getting commits early only for all the spotlight come signing day to be on others. Maybe he's decided he's going to have every single one of our top targets commit at the end and get all the spotlight. Could help explain Davis and Lashley as well.

Being told Davis slipping away more and more. Don't count out that trip to Oxford in 2 weeks making it worse

SDDawg
01-19-2016, 03:33 AM
Being told Davis slipping away more and more. Don't count out that trip to Oxford in 2 weeks making it worse

Nope.

djaymsu5
01-19-2016, 09:09 AM

How tf did this happen?

msstate7
01-19-2016, 09:11 AM

He's going to om in 2 weeks? I see fsu this week and bama in 2 weeks

RougeDawg
01-19-2016, 09:14 AM
He's going to om in 2 weeks? I see fsu this week and bama in 2 weeks

Must've asked Chris Jones how to be in two places at once.

HancockCountyDog
01-19-2016, 09:17 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzbyJQSIAAAbgb2.jpg

ckDOG
01-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Sounds like how I would recruit. But I couldn't sell ice to and Eskimo, sooooo....

Seriously though, it's a great strategy for the right recruit and scenario. Some people like low pressure sale situations. Other kids need an aggressive strategy. I hope we are being intelligent on when to use the approach.

Guess we find out on signing day.

Irondawg
01-19-2016, 09:21 AM
I think the strategy is pretty simple. The staff talks to most of these guys and their influencers often. They knew full well none of those top targets were going to commit so what benefit would "pushing" them have?

starkvegasdawg
01-19-2016, 09:27 AM
We're all stressing too much over recruiting. To take your mind off things I offer Maggie from The Walking Dead.

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/Hot-Babe-Lauren-Cohan-1oot.jpg

mcain31
01-19-2016, 09:51 AM

I'll see your Maggy and raise you with Jenna

Big4Dawg
01-19-2016, 09:53 AM
This isn't true. We asked Farrar to commit.

"I can't really say where Mississippi State ranks," said Farrar. "But this visit definitely puts me on good terms, very good terms with Mississippi State. The coaches said they wanted me to commit and join them. But they know I want to take my time and they respected that."

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-19-2016, 10:00 AM
something raised alright......now I can't leave my desk for awhile.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Being told by whom?

mcain31
01-19-2016, 10:28 AM
something raised alright......now I can't leave my desk for awhile.

+1

ROFL