PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or is WWE just dead?

Taog Redloh
01-18-2016, 11:07 PM
By dead, I mean the atmosphere on Raw. Absolutely zero electricity. I mean, it's freaking nearly silent when the likes of Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar enter the arena.

TUSK
01-18-2016, 11:32 PM
By dead, I mean the atmosphere on Raw. Absolutely zero electricity. I mean, it's freaking nearly silent when the likes of Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar enter the arena.

"professional wrestling" still exists????

Taog Redloh
01-18-2016, 11:54 PM
"professional wrestling" still exists????

Can you believe it? A form of entertainment not called Alabama football. Who da think it??

TUSK
01-19-2016, 12:00 AM
Can you believe it? A form of entertainment not called Alabama football. Who da think it??

that's an excellent point... I can only hope College Football doesn't succumb to the same fate when MDL's Dynasty ends in the c.2020s...

Jack Lambert
01-19-2016, 09:22 AM
WWE is why they still do it doggy style in Alabama. In that position they both can watch it.

Jacksondevildog
01-19-2016, 09:29 AM
A lot of their top stars are injured right now. (Cena, Rollins, Orton, etc.) There is also a lack of roster depth. Their creative team needs an enema.

miketice
01-19-2016, 09:29 AM
I liked it in the 90's when Dx was going strong. Actually took my son to one in Huntsville a few months back. He didnt really get in to it though. Like you said it was kind of boring

Jacksondevildog
01-19-2016, 09:33 AM
They are also in competition with no one right now. They were in competition with WCW in the 90s and they were giving pay-per-view level shows every Monday night. That is no longer the case and they have become complacent. 50-50 booking is also hurting the industry.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-19-2016, 09:40 AM
My thoughts exactly

mcain31
01-19-2016, 09:42 AM
They haven't built up new stars. HHH is doing a good job with NXT, but Vince still runs the main roster. They are now trying to bring in some independent and foreign stars like Shinsuke Nakamura, A.J. Styles, Karl Anderson, and Doc Gallows.

Political Hack
01-19-2016, 10:04 AM
They need a Hogan, a Rock, a Stone Cold, a Kevin Nash, a Nature Boy, an Undertaker, a Mankind, a Jericho, a HHH, a Macho Man, and a drunken Scott Hall. We had almost all of that on a nightly basis. Now they have John Cena who is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I've tried to watch it for about 5-10 minutes in the last year or two and it's awful compared to what it was. The matches are terrible.

Thick
01-19-2016, 10:12 AM
That's what the Nkemdiche brothers should do once the little one "burns" out of the NFL. Just think of all of the WWE t-shirts in the grove with the "Junkie" brothers front and center.

Thick
01-19-2016, 10:16 AM
Actually the Oxford Messiah would be their manager, thus the name would be the "Altar Boys"

mcain31
01-19-2016, 10:27 AM
They need a Hogan, a Rock, a Stone Cold, a Kevin Nash, a Nature Boy, an Undertaker, a Mankind, a Jericho, a HHH, a Macho Man, and a drunken Scott Hall. We had almost all of that on a nightly basis. Now they have John Cena who is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I've tried to watch it for about 5-10 minutes in the last year or two and it's awful compared to what it was. The matches are terrible.

The problem is that Vince has been slow to change with the times. They also aren't going back to the attitude era due to their sponsors. It is a very kid friendly product. Their work with children and troops is outstanding though. The NXT show on their network is must watch. It is ran by HHH and feels more like wrestling than entertainment

starkvegasdawg
01-19-2016, 10:34 AM
How many times have they done the management/ownership against the lone hero story line? Plus, you can pretty much call the winner of every match with about 90% accuracy. Most of the time you can call how the match will end. If they're trying to push both guys you know it will end with a DQ with a run in. No main guy is ever going to lose in the lead up to a PPV. Y'all are right. It is boring now for the most part. I have fallen asleep during the middle of the show when they have all the low card guys in there. I know they can't go back to the almost R rated material they did back in the 90's, but they could at least trying to recapture that attitude. We haven't had a new member in the Vince McMahon Kiss my Ass Club in a long time.

Jacksondevildog
01-19-2016, 10:36 AM
This.

The problem is that Vince has been slow to change with the times. They also aren't going back to the attitude era due to their sponsors. It is a very kid friendly product. Their work with children and troops is outstanding though. The NXT show on their network is must watch. It is ran by HHH and feels more like wrestling than entertainment

mcain31
01-19-2016, 10:46 AM
How many times have they done the management/ownership against the lone hero story line? Plus, you can pretty much call the winner of every match with about 90% accuracy. Most of the time you can call how the match will end. If they're trying to push both guys you know it will end with a DQ with a run in. No main guy is ever going to lose in the lead up to a PPV. Y'all are right. It is boring now for the most part. I have fallen asleep during the middle of the show when they have all the low card guys in there. I know they can't go back to the almost R rated material they did back in the 90's, but they could at least trying to recapture that attitude. We haven't had a new member in the Vince McMahon Kiss my Ass Club in a long time.

Try out the network for free and watch NXT. I think you'll like it

mcain31
01-19-2016, 10:48 AM
This.

Are you apart of the MCL in Jackson? They've taken over Toys 4 Tots now that we no longer have a unit in Jackson

Taog Redloh
01-19-2016, 11:26 AM
They are also in competition with no one right now. They were in competition with WCW in the 90s and they were giving pay-per-view level shows every Monday night. That is no longer the case and they have become complacent. 50-50 booking is also hurting the industry.
I think this is the biggest thing. Like another poster said, they've really made it kid-friendly which is good, however you can do both. Wrestling was great in the 80s and early 90s and was more kid-friendly back then too. They don't have to go back to the DX and Stone Cold stuff to make it better.

Mutt the Hoople
01-19-2016, 11:55 AM
They're afraid to offend anyone. Through the '80's, you regularily had Russian and Arab heels, with the occasional oriental bad guy.

Once spoke to a guy who was trying to break into the business. I told him, "You wanna be big in WWE? Become Al-Queda Pete, with your signature move being the "Car Bomb", and hide weapons in your "suicide vest"." He replied that they wouldn't go anywhere near that.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Vince had to come back because Trips basically run it into the ground. He is doing a good job with NXT but old school rasslin fans want there champs do pay their dues. And as good as Rollins and Roman are, they haven't been their long enough.

MainEventDawg
01-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Vince had to come back because Trips basically run it into the ground. He is doing a good job with NXT but old school rasslin fans want there champs do pay their dues. And as good as Rollins and Roman are, they haven't been their long enough.

Sorry but this just isn't true. Vince is and has always been running the main roster. HHH's "authority" has just been a storyline on TV. Vince calls the shots. He decided that his character (Vince) needed to come back for ratings. Sadly he has lost touch behind and in front of the curtain. The product will get better once Vince lets HHH fully take over.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-19-2016, 12:42 PM
There was a three month window when Vince backed off and let Paul and Stephanie call the shots. Call it a job interview. Things fell apart and the ratings collapse and like you said Vince was back on tv and back calling who did what

starkvegasdawg
01-19-2016, 12:44 PM
The product will get better once Vince lets HHH fully take over.

And who knows when that will be. I've heard from reliable sources that they really don't like each other in real life. Or at least didn't used to. That wasn't just a storyline a few years ago.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Best thing they could do to me and y'all could disagree. Bring up Somoa Joe. Team him with the Usos and Roman. Make a Nation of Domination type faction. Anti everything. Joe shouldn't have had to go to NXT. That was the hold up on Styles for. He shouldn't have to go there. They are names already

MainEventDawg
01-19-2016, 12:51 PM
There was a three month window when Vince backed off and let Paul and Stephanie call the shots. Call it a job interview. Things fell apart and the ratings collapse and like you said Vince was back on tv and back calling who did what

If this is true, you can't blame HHH for the insane amount of injuries that have occurred lately. The roster is depleted at the moment. But you can blame Vince for the overall decline of the business for the last few years. As stated before in the thread, new stars haven't been built......except for the NXT guys that HHH has been grooming over the last couple of years.

But in my opinion, the biggest reason that the business is down is that there are NO surprises anymore. Everything is on the dirt sheets. Back in the day, WWF or WCW could sign a guy and have them show up in the same night. Now, when WWE signs guys that are known elsewhere, they make them jump through hoops, and then they send them to NXT. Hopefully the NJPW signees will be treated differently.

mcain31
01-19-2016, 12:52 PM
And who knows when that will be. I've heard from reliable sources that they really don't like each other in real life. Or at least didn't used to. That wasn't just a storyline a few years ago.

They like each other because Vince allowed Shane go into other business ventures. You don't allow someone you don't like to become your heir apparent.

MainEventDawg
01-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Best thing they could do to me and y'all could disagree. Bring up Somoa Joe. Team him with the Usos and Roman. Make a Nation of Domination type faction. Anti everything. Joe shouldn't have had to go to NXT. That was the hold up on Styles for. He shouldn't have to go there. They are names already

I definitely like Joe, but he isn't going to move the needle. AJ Styles might could. Balor is a guy that is going to blow up once he hits the main roster. And he might be getting the call if they decide to do a Bullet Club-type faction with the NJPW guys.