PDA

View Full Version : Listening to his mom Derrick Brown

Reason2succeed
01-18-2016, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a good possibility for us. She absolutely lit up when talking about their visit back to her and her husband's alma mater. With Georgia's change in staff and our "relative" stability I would think we have a good shot. Seriously, he must have grown up hearing his parents cheer for State. In his heart he probably wants to make his mom happy along with everything else. I hope our coaches are really working I this guy.

Exclusive: 5-Star DT Derrick Brown's Mother Talks Recruitment
http://bulldogsportsradio.com/episode/10147/sec-recruiting-buzz-w-keith-and-kipp-exclusive-5-star-dt-derrick-browns-mother-talks-recruitment/

Coach34
01-18-2016, 07:01 PM
literally no chance....Geo-Aub battle

msstate7
01-18-2016, 07:03 PM

I thought he named a top 3 without auburn in it... Could be wrong

RougeDawg
01-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Not sure how long it has been between visits for them, but there have been quite a few eye opening visits for recruits and their families the last few years. Opposing coaches used the perception of our "Crappy facilities". If we can just get the guys on campus they can see for themselves that we offer everything they just about every other sec program has, facilities wise. Facilities has had as much to do s einningwith regard to purr tevrhtn5* battles with other programs. If we keep the steady, and maintain doing things the right way, we will get back to Atlanta in the next 4-5 seasons and into the playoffs.

Coach34
01-18-2016, 07:08 PM
I thought he named a top 3 without auburn in it... Could be wrong

He may have- but Auburn has been after him hard. And they are also like OM is doing what it takes.

Big4Dawg
01-18-2016, 07:18 PM
Crazy we weren't even a real contender.

djaymsu5
01-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Yea sounds like his momma and daddy really want him at state. I really wish he would pick us but for some reason I feel like our staff hasn't made a good enough connection with him as others. Which sucks cause we have both parents in our corner.

Reason2succeed
01-18-2016, 07:27 PM

I trust your word on it but that literally makes no sense. I know Georgia and Auburn are closer to where he lives but what else do they have other than bagmen? Is it that some of his friends may be going to those schools? Does he think State is second tier to them? I could make the easy argument that we're not.

Spiderman
01-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Sounds like a good possibility for us. She absolutely lit up when talking about their visit back to her and her husband's alma mater. With Georgia's change in staff and our "relative" stability I would think we have a good shot. Seriously, he must have grown up hearing his parents cheer for State. In his heart he probably wants to make his mom happy along with everything else. I hope our coaches are really working I this guy.

Exclusive: 5-Star DT Derrick Brown's Mother Talks Recruitment
http://bulldogsportsradio.com/episode/10147/sec-recruiting-buzz-w-keith-and-kipp-exclusive-5-star-dt-derrick-browns-mother-talks-recruitment/

Here is what most are saying.... unlike Ole Miss, we do not institutionally recruit. If his mom and dad had both went to Ole Miss, they would have jobs with the school or in the Oxford area by his Jr. year.

State?

Hey, let's go recruit this kid in Ga. His folks went here. We probably have a shot!

Instead of calling some Sugar Daddy's and setting it up.

That's the game... and State isn't good at it.

Coach34
01-18-2016, 07:38 PM
I havent had anybody tell me they thought we had even a remote chance with him...T-Buck and our new DC would be miracle workers if they pulled that off

32 Dive
01-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Shot in the dark: Maybe, they are trying to drum up some "interest" from competing schools. Maybe trying to get Auburn, to be Auburn. I could be all wrong about them. But I'm guessing...

GreenheadDawg
01-18-2016, 08:04 PM
I havent had anybody tell me they thought we had even a remote chance with him...T-Buck and our new DC would be miracle workers if they pulled that off

And that's the problem. We struggle to get legacies to State while "other" schools pull top ranked kids from all over that haven't even visited the campus to see the beautiful trees.

Bothrops
01-18-2016, 08:17 PM
And that's the problem. We struggle to get legacies to State while "other" schools pull top ranked kids from all over that haven't even visited the campus to see the beautiful trees.

Sad but true.

Jack Lambert
01-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Sad but true.

Didn't you get put on C34 vacation? If so Glad to see you back.

djaymsu5
01-18-2016, 10:51 PM
He may have- but Auburn has been after him hard. And they are also like OM is doing what it takes.

In this case we need to do what it takes. This kid would be a huge impact for our team in a spot of need. We just sit around and watch other teams take what could be ours. I mean the connections are there I don't understand why we can't make this happen.

smootness
01-18-2016, 11:52 PM
I spent a little time around him at a camp here in GA over the Christmas break. I don't really have any inside information that I would consider good, but I heard him talk a little, and I'd say Auburn is definitely in it. Still likely Georgia, but we'll see.

We have no shot.

Big4Dawg
01-19-2016, 12:13 AM
UGA on top the whole time.
UGA has a complete staff change.
UGA still on top.

State=No chance

TUSK
01-19-2016, 12:18 AM

Yo! When did Auburn import and plant some "beautiful trees", dammit???

My REC supplied access to CIA satellites is tied up elsewhere....

somebodyshotmypaw
01-19-2016, 07:27 AM
Here is what most are saying.... unlike Ole Miss, we do not institutionally recruit. If his mom and dad had both went to Ole Miss, they would have jobs with the school or in the Oxford area by his Jr. year.

His parents have degrees from MSU. So they probably already have good jobs.

Mutt the Hoople
01-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Georgia is probably where he's going. Auburn is a dumpster fire reminding me of MSU 2003.

starkvegasdawg
01-19-2016, 07:55 AM

They got some artificial Christmas trees on after clearance sale. 75% off existing stock.

msstate7
01-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Is auburn in it bc he'd rather not play ng?

banded
01-19-2016, 08:53 AM
I think it is a very long shot we get him. I hope he does listen to his parents and comes to Starkville.

Spiderman
01-19-2016, 01:40 PM
His parents have degrees from MSU. So they probably already have good jobs.

Better jobs, Homeslice.

Bamboo
01-19-2016, 11:53 PM

With all due respect, you really don't know.

Coach34
01-19-2016, 11:56 PM
With all due respect, you really don't know.

ok Bamboo- saved for Signing Day

Bamboo
01-20-2016, 12:06 AM
He doesn't know yet where he is going but we are definitely in the mix. I can't really say any more than that.
He is a super smart and we'll raised kid.

Coach34
01-20-2016, 12:11 AM
He doesn't know yet where he is going but we are definitely in the mix. I can't really say any more than that.
He is a super smart and we'll raised kid.

He's a great kid- still saved for signing day. It wont be us

Bamboo
01-20-2016, 12:19 AM
Type, delete, type, delete,. I'm just going to say to keep a positive outlook. I look forward to seeing this post February 3rd.

msstate7
01-20-2016, 12:24 AM
Type, delete, type, delete,. I'm just going to say to keep a positive outlook. I look forward to seeing this post February 3rd.

You know Derrick or something?

Coach34
01-20-2016, 12:29 AM

I'll put a Scoreboard Club seat vs $50 to the Elitedawg fund to eradicate Rebel scum that he doesnt sign with us- you in?

Bamboo
01-20-2016, 12:47 AM
I'll put a Scoreboard Club seat vs $50 to the Elitedawg fund to eradicate Rebel scum that he doesnt sign with us- you in?

Absolutely.

TUSK
01-20-2016, 02:23 AM

Wait a minute... Are we now allowed to make cash bets with other posters in this forum?

[for the record]

BossDawg
01-20-2016, 03:00 AM
UGA on top the whole time.
UGA has a complete staff change.
UGA still on top.

State=No chance

You mean to tell me BOTH of his parents went to State, but he isn't even considering State? How in the wild world of hell does that happen? How are these recruits slipping through without even giving MSU the time of day?

Good Lord the thought of that gives me a headache. Only at friggin' MSU.

Really Clark?
01-20-2016, 09:38 AM
You mean to tell me BOTH of his parents went to State, but he isn't even considering State? How in the wild world of hell does that happen? How are these recruits slipping through without even giving MSU the time of day?

Both of Knott's parents went to UNM. And he is even less interested in them. It does happen.

bulldawg28
01-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Both of Knott's parents went to UNM. And he is even less interested in them. It does happen.

Parents always want better for their children and to learn from their mistakes.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2016, 09:53 AM
I guess for the same reason that a kid living here can't wait to leave town.

tcdog70
01-20-2016, 10:29 AM
His Mother said it would please them if DB chose MSU but they weren't going to push Him. if left up to Mom and Dad He would be a Dog. i have heard her interviewed twice.

defiantdog
01-20-2016, 10:31 AM
I doubt we get a hat on the table. The new trees at Auburn are nearly as nice as Georgia's new hedges.

BrunswickDawg
01-20-2016, 11:06 AM
I doubt we get a hat on the table. The new trees at Auburn are nearly as nice as Georgia's new hedges.
Well, not that you can really judge anything by Twitter.....
Brown does have a photo of him in a State shirt as his cover photo and tweeted a pic of logos (including MSU prominently featured) announcing his final five.
https://twitter.com/derrickbrown90

I assume that means we will have a hat on the table...

Bully13
01-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Parents always want better for their children and to learn from their mistakes.

If I knew how to send rep points, you'd have a ton in your inbox right now

Jack Lambert
01-20-2016, 11:51 AM

For Gosh Shakes don't go over and poison them and try to stay out of the Krystals in New Orleans. You Bama fans seem to lose control of you body parts when your in there.

TUSK
01-20-2016, 01:08 PM
For Gosh Shakes don't go over and poison them and try to stay out of the Krystals in New Orleans. You Bama fans seem to lose control of you body parts when your in there.

The guy that got teabagged was lucky he woke up with all his body parts...

I've passed out a lot of places, NOLA won't ever be one of them....

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2016, 01:18 PM
If I knew how to send rep points, you'd have a ton in your inbox right now

Bully,

Click on the little icon that looks like a sheriff's badge right below your vCash. You have to either be on a computer or have your phone set to full version and not mobile.

If the design powers that be ever want to consider an upgrade I would suggest make it where you can give rep points while viewing in mobile.

engie
01-20-2016, 01:21 PM

I'm certainly not saying we get him -- but Bamboo is arguably the best source on the web on Derrick Brown information. Moreso than any recruiting insider you can read.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Yea I'm not saying we get him but we're definitely in the race.

maroonmania
01-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Yea I'm not saying we get him but we're definitely in the race.

Well, to me, if you are not in the Top 2 in this stage of the game you aren't really in the race. Would love to think we are that high up on his list though.

Bully13
01-20-2016, 03:39 PM
34 has spoken. All hope must be abandoned.

MSUDawg99
01-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Bully,

Click on the little icon that looks like a sheriff's badge right below your vCash. You have to either be on a computer or have your phone set to full version and not mobile.

If the design powers that be ever want to consider an upgrade I would suggest make it where you can give rep points while viewing in mobile.

I would suggest making it a mobile app. That's one thing I love about being able to follow recruiting on scout. It's very user friendly.

MSUDawg99
01-20-2016, 05:37 PM

Because he's lived in GA his whole life (I think?) hence the UGA lean & I would guess doesn't visit MS that often.

Reason2succeed
01-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Because he's lived in GA his whole life (I think?) hence the UGA lean & I would guess doesn't visit MS that often.

But if BOTH parents went to State I'm sure he grew up hearing them cheer for us unless they were not that into sports or were very negative about us (which I would fully understand during the a room year when he would have been young and impressionable). However, since Mullen has been here for 7 seasons so that's since the kid was around 10 or 11 years old State has been decent. Georgia has not been astronomically better than us. I understand Georgia is a great school and they dominate their state but still.... Mullen and staff have to be able to use legacy as in roads on this kid.

Coach34
01-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Georgia has played for the SEC title 3-4 times since Mullen has been coach
Auburn has won the West twice, won a NC, and played for another.

And then there is us...one finish higher than 4th in the West in 7 seasons

Covercorner2
01-20-2016, 08:41 PM
But if BOTH parents went to State I'm sure he grew up hearing them cheer for us unless they were not that into sports or were very negative about us (which I would fully understand during the a room year when he would have been young and impressionable). However, since Mullen has been here for 7 seasons so that's since the kid was around 10 or 11 years old State has been decent. Georgia has not been astronomically better than us. I understand Georgia is a great school and they dominate their state but still.... Mullen and staff have to be able to use legacy as in roads on this kid.

We are in a 5 star kid from Georgia's top 5 (including UGA, Bama, AU and UT). We are recruiting the kid just fine.