PDA

View Full Version : Surprised at how many Alabama & LSU JRs are returning

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2016, 04:03 PM
In the past days, potential 1st rounders Jonathan Allen and OJ Howard have announced they are returning to Alabama, and potential 1st rounder Tre'Davious White and high pick Kendall Beckwith have announced they are returning to LSU.

What gives here?

Why are potential 1st rounders returning?

msstate7
01-18-2016, 04:07 PM
In the past days, potential 1st rounders Jonathan Allen and OJ Howard have announced they are returning to Alabama, and potential 1st rounder Tre'Davious White and high pick Kendall Beckwith have announced they are returning to LSU.

What gives here?

Why are potential 1st rounders returning?

Esp bama's... They just won a natty. I can see lsu's come back for a title run

CadaverDawg
01-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Business Decisions

nsvltndog
01-18-2016, 04:57 PM
I tend to agree. Watching O.J. Howard in Phoenix last week reminded me of watching Jordan Reed play for the Redskins. He's a starting TE the day he arrives in the NFL for 20+ teams.

fader2103
01-18-2016, 05:03 PM
It's bc they know that with all the MSU and Ole Miss Jrs leaving, their draft stocks plummeted*

HancockCountyDog
01-18-2016, 05:07 PM
It's pretty amazing, they have at least 5 guys that would go in the first two rounds returning.

defiantdog
01-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Allen and Howard were told they'd be high 2nd round at best. Reuben Foster was told the same.... So he'll be returning. These guys want to make sure they get the highest grade possible.

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Allen and Howard were told they'd be high 2nd round at best. Reuben Foster was told the same.... So he'll be returning. These guys want to make sure they get the highest grade possible.

I think both would have had a chance to get in the 1st round after the combine & workouts

Big4Dawg
01-18-2016, 05:10 PM

Most do, unless you play for us

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2016, 05:18 PM
Most do, unless you play for us

This is interesting & difficult to understand.

LSU lost an enormous amount of guys in the past two years, so maybe things are just averaging out for them & maybe some of their players were scared off by previous players that left early & failed in the NFL.

I don't get the Bama players at all. I guess making over a million dollars isn't that important for them. Alabama has never kept this many guys, so maybe it's just an anomaly. Not sure

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Auburn's RB Peyton Barber just declared for the draft. It's odd who declares & who doesn't

Coach34
01-18-2016, 07:10 PM
LSU is going to be loaded next year.

mic
01-18-2016, 07:56 PM
Howard not declaring is absurd....
If your projected as the first pick at your position there is zero reason not to declare.. Esp if you are a TE...

Barking 13
01-18-2016, 08:39 PM
This is interesting & difficult to understand.

LSU lost an enormous amount of guys in the past two years, so maybe things are just averaging out for them & maybe some of their players were scared off by previous players that left early & failed in the NFL.

I don't get the Bama players at all. I guess making over a million dollars isn't that important for them. Alabama has never kept this many guys, so maybe it's just an anomaly. Not sure

Paycut****

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2016, 08:59 PM
Gotta be honest, if I were a scout and I were scouting some 1st rounders that decided to go back to school, I'd question their competitiveness and desire to play pro football

Sometimes there is no issue, but other times you find out that some guys don't like getting off the boob.

Todd4State
01-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Gotta be honest, if I were a scout and I were scouting some 1st rounders that decided to go back to school, I'd question their competitiveness and desire to play pro football

Sometimes there is no issue, but other times you find out that some guys don't like getting off the boob.

You have to take it on a case by case basis though. The NFL draft gets kind of fuzzy after the top 10-15 guys as far as the first round goes.

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2016, 09:40 PM
You have to take it on a case by case basis though. The NFL draft gets kind of fuzzy after the top 10-15 guys as far as the first round goes.

Correct. It would be a question I'd immediately set out to find an answer to though. College teams love when their JRs come back, but when one comes back that's a 1st or 2nd rounder, it's a little bit of a red flag

djaymsu5
01-18-2016, 10:17 PM
Alvin Kamara declared to the draft from Tennessee as well. I didn't think he had just a great year either

TUSK
01-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Alvin Kamara declared to the draft from Tennessee as well. I didn't think he had just a great year either

good observation, Djay.... Kamara had a "good" year (as a backup) at UT... but, he got "cut" from Bammer...

Bama got lucky this year after being pillaged the last few...

"we" may have just gone from being 2nd best in the West to best in the country... esp if Foster and Howard have confirmed their return(s)... I've not checked.

I don't always agree with Coach34, but he's DEAD NUTS ON regarding LSU... they are gonna be LOADED... thank god Miles is still the coach....

Coach34
01-19-2016, 10:02 AM
I don't always agree with Coach34, but he's DEAD NUTS ON regarding LSU... they are gonna be LOADED... thank god Miles is still the coach....

Yeah but they are going to be so talented- Dawg61 could get them to 10 wins. They may be better than 2011

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-19-2016, 10:30 AM
So he'll be returning. These guys want to make sure they get the highest grade possible.

It raises the question though about Benni Brown. The message when BB left was that he couldn't improve his stock any further. Will these guys really make that big of a jump or will they just stand out more among less experienced players?

sandwolf
01-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Delete

sandwolf
01-19-2016, 10:38 AM

I thought I saw where he announced he would be returning to UT?

http://www.secrant.com/tennessee-sports/alvin-kamara-announces-he-will-return-to-tennessee/61442269/

Jack Lambert
01-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Yeah but they are going to be so talented- Dawg61 could get them to 10 wins. They may be better than 2011

I said the same thing about LSU to an Ole Miss guy I worked with and he laughed and said they have not QB. I pointed out to him that when they played ole Miss they had Freshman playing Center, Guard, Tackle and TE due to injuries. They are going to make some noise.

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-19-2016, 03:18 PM
This baffles me. I can kind of see LSU but the Alabama guys returning that are projected possible first round picks or early second after winning a national title? That's pretty wild and pretty good luck for Bama. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see Kiffin squander Howard again, especially with a new QB. They rarely make it far enough through their projections to check down to a TE.