PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Staley is all in now......

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Football!

HSVDawg
01-18-2016, 12:32 PM
Yep. Good to see him finally make up his mind. Wish he had done it before bowl practices, but he should have every opportunity to make up some ground in the Spring in the QB battle if he has his mind right.

SDDawg
01-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Saw Cam on his way to the NFC championship, perhaps? Whatever it is, glad to see him do this and give us the best possible competition this spring. Good news.

msstate7
01-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Can't wait to see/hear about them battling it out

Coach34
01-18-2016, 12:42 PM
I figured he would get the message soon

Tbonewannabe
01-18-2016, 12:50 PM
If he couldn't get on the court now, he damn sure won't when Howland's next recruiting class gets on campus. In this age, sports are too much year round to play more than one. It is getting harder for even high school kids to play more than one.

mparkerfd20
01-18-2016, 12:52 PM
I doubt this was solely his decision. I'll go along with whatever the script is. Either way it's good to see he is focusing fully on football. Should be one hell of a battle to see who our starting QB is next year.

bulldawg28
01-18-2016, 12:55 PM
We have liftoff!!! Man, we're in for a treat come this spring and fall!!!

Johnson85
01-18-2016, 12:58 PM
I doubt this was solely his decision. I'll go along with whatever the script is. Either way it's good to see he is focusing fully on football. Should be one hell of a battle to see who our starting QB is next year.

I'm guessing it was "solely his decision" in the sense that he was given the freedom to realize what is best for him. I think that was the right way to handle it by the coaches. They gave him a shot to do both. Maybe he could earn playing time this year in basketball, but it probably seems pretty clear to him that he's not going to get minutes after this year, and meanwhile he's not catching up to the other qb in his class. Now he has explored that avenue and realized it's a dead end and his mind can be completely committed to football.

DownwardDawg
01-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Can't wait to see/hear about them battling it out

This is gonna be fun!!!

somebodyshotmypaw
01-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Let me say that Tiano is looking better than most expected at this point. I can't see all 4 quarterbacks on the roster come September 1. This should make for a great competition in the spring and fall. Fitz and Staley will be battling it out. Tiano will be pushing. I can't see D. Williams winning the spot.

HoopsDawg
01-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Let me say that Tiano is looking better than most expected at this point. I can't see all 4 quarterbacks on the roster come September 1. This should make for a great competition in the spring and fall. Fitz and Staley will be battling it out. Tiano will be pushing. I can't see D. Williams winning the spot.

Why not? And why even make that statement? Williams is going to be a senior so no point on him transferring. Staley and Fitz are going to be 1-2 so whoever is the backup will only be one play away. And Tiano will just be a freshman so he needs to have patience. No solid reason all 4 QB's won't be on the roster in September.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Why not? And why even make that statement? Williams is going to be a senior so no point on him transferring. Staley and Fitz are going to be 1-2 so whoever is the backup will only be one play away. And Tiano will just be a freshman so he needs to have patience. No solid reason all 4 QB's won't be on the roster in September.

You could be right, but I'm just not seeing it. I've been wrong before.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2016, 02:17 PM

He can go down to DI-AA or D-II, start, and be a superstar at that level. I've heard chatter that Hughes wants him to come to JSU. I think that would be an excellent place for him. Love Williams to death, but the writing is on the wall that he'll be no better than QB3 this fall. It all depends on whether he wants to play and start or ride the pine one more season for the prestige of being in the SEC. It's ultimately his call and I won't fault him either way.

chef dixon
01-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Let the Staley era begin.

HoopsDawg
01-18-2016, 02:23 PM
He can go down to DI-AA or D-II, start, and be a superstar at that level. I've heard chatter that Hughes wants him to come to JSU. I think that would be an excellent place for him. Love Williams to death, but the writing is on the wall that he'll be no better than QB3 this fall. It all depends on whether he wants to play and start or ride the pine one more season for the prestige of being in the SEC. It's ultimately his call and I won't fault him either way.

I hope he stays on the roster. Never know when an Ohio State might happen.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2016, 02:24 PM
I hope he stays on the roster. Never know when an Ohio State might happen.

That's how we even knew how good he could be in the first place. Tyler & Dak both go down, D-Will steps up.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-18-2016, 02:31 PM
Wouldn't Williams be classified as a junior in fall 2016?

Dawg61
01-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Wouldn't Williams be classified as a junior in fall 2016?

Yes Williams is only a junior next year and he will start

Valyrian Steel
01-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Yes Williams is only a junior next year and he will start

https://data.desustorage.org/mlp/image/1421/12/1421127160968.gif

shoeless joe
01-18-2016, 06:08 PM
If he couldn't get on the court now, he damn sure won't when Howland's next recruiting class gets on campus. In this age, sports are too much year round to play more than one. It is getting harder for even high school kids to play more than one.

You sound like a couple of high school coaches I know...if it's too hard for a high school kid to play more than one sport then they will have no shot at playing only 1 at the next level.