PDA

View Full Version : AJ Update

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Well.... he left Bama & didn't commit.

Then he tweets this out.

Not sure how to take this, or, if there is anything to take from this, but it seems as if this weekend may have gone as well as possible for MSU in regards to AJ. At least as good as we could've hoped for.

http://i.imgur.com/Ze7FIwM.jpg

maroonmania
01-17-2016, 05:49 PM
All I get from that is that he wants to not be bothered at the moment.

defiantdog
01-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Dude is having fun.

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2016, 05:52 PM
All I get from that is that he wants to not be bothered at the moment.

Absolutely. I thought it was important that MSU survived this weekend with AJ, & it appears that we did.

I'm not worried about his Ole Miss visit next week, since he's absolutely not going there.

MSU just needs to try to get him in for a visit & we'll see what happens.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-17-2016, 05:54 PM
What about the latest tweet to Shea Patterson..

"Happy Birthday bro..see ya soon ;)"

defiantdog
01-17-2016, 05:57 PM
What about the latest tweet to Shea Patterson..
I love it. Sorry, I think it's funny as shit that AJ is trolling all of you and the media. Good for him. If he goes to State.... Great. If he goes somewhere else.... Good for him. But at least the guy is havin fun.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Oh it really don't bother me.....I just think it's funny as hell. I was laughing last year when Jamal Peters posted a pic of him in an OM shirt weeks before signing day.

Leroy Jenkins
01-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Even the biggest fan-boy of all Yancy has conceded AJ will not go to NMS. He said publicly that AJ told him in an interview that he did not want to share snaps with Metcalf. With the implication being that there was too much competition at NMS and not that they couldn't pull him in. Went on to say that there were too many State people around AJ that have convinced him he would not be featured in the same class with a NMS legacy WR like Metcalf.

Bishop6
01-17-2016, 06:14 PM
I hate recruiting. I hate that I end up knowing all these kids by name before they end up in maroon and white or worse... Somewhere else. I enjoyed my Mississippi State football way better before the Internet.

RougeDawg
01-17-2016, 06:14 PM
When will yall learn that these guys who are coming to us don't make it public until very late in the game because these 40-50 year old children and reporters of other fan bases wil hound them every waking moment until NSD. Some of these over grown petulant children even call recruits and talk to them all night in an attempt to acquire their signature. Let theme children and let's remember how the last few years have played out. Our guys keep it quiet. Relax.

msstate7
01-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Even the biggest fan-boy of all Yancy has conceded AJ will not go to NMS. He said publicly that AJ told him in an interview that he did not want to share snaps with Metcalf. With the implication being that there was too much competition at NMS and not that they couldn't pull him in. Went on to say that there were too many State people around AJ that have convinced him he would not be featured in the same class with a NMS legacy WR like Metcalf.

In other words, yancy implies that aj scared of competing at om bc they have such great talent... Shocking**

Ifyouonlyknew
01-17-2016, 06:16 PM

This is the funny thing to me about AJ's recruitment. Everybody has sources & reports he wants to get out of town but no one is willing to say he's leaving. Nobody from Bama, OM, or anywhere is confident they can get AJ out of Starkville. Interesting to me at least that none of the Bama guys are confident in getting him, Yancy & David have all these stories & insights on him but won't say he's leaning anywhere else than MSU. Just an observation.

defiantdog
01-17-2016, 06:19 PM
You're joking right? That dude is really bad at his job if that's the case.

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2016, 06:24 PM
You're joking right? That dude is really bad at his job if that's the case.

He's actually really good at his job, just unethical.

His job is to make money for the site through providing recruiting information, and, best I can tell, he does that. However, he is fortunate to have a 1930's Germany type fan base in which to sell too & that are so delusional that they believe everything he says & believe that Ole Miss landing these recruits because they have a beautiful campus

Really Clark?
01-17-2016, 06:30 PM
This is the funny thing to me about AJ's recruitment. Everybody has sources & reports he wants to get out of town but no one is willing to say he's leaving. Nobody from Bama, OM, or anywhere is confident they can get AJ out of Starkville. Interesting to me at least that none of the Bama guys are confident in getting him, Yancy & David have all these stories & insights on him but won't say he's leaning anywhere else than MSU. Just an observation.

Very true. His crystal ball is 90% state since last summer. Only one prediction after this season and that was to Bama by an UNM 247 staff writer. Even David Johnson has had him to us for over a year. Simmons, Warren, Paul, etc all to State for a very long time. He wants to enjoy the process and purposely didn't do get into it much until after the season.

defiantdog
01-17-2016, 06:33 PM

His job is to make money for the site through providing recruiting information, and, best I can tell, he does that. However, he is fortunate to have a 1930's Germany type fan base in which to sell too & that are so delusional that they believe everything he says & believe that Ole Miss landing these recruits because they have a beautiful campus

Yeah, but to say AJ doesn't like competition is just dumb.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2016, 06:54 PM
I said it in the recruiting thread. Why should AJ give us an OV when he already knows he's coming here. He's enjoying the process and taking his free trips. Don't blame him, this only happens once.

Political Hack
01-17-2016, 07:12 PM
I love it. Sorry, I think it's funny as shit that AJ is trolling all of you and the media. Good for him. If he goes to State.... Great. If he goes somewhere else.... Good for him. But at least the guy is havin fun.

No kidding. That's refreshing to read. If he can snatch everyone neck into a 180 with a single tweet joking around, why would he not do that at 17/18 years old? He gets to do this once. Enjoy it. Keep it light hearted and just be respectful of everyone, and to my knowledge that's how he's handled it. And no matter where he ends up I'd love to see the kid make it big.

Political Hack
01-17-2016, 07:27 PM

I agree. I think he's actually good at his job and loves what he does. Good for him.

gravedigger
01-17-2016, 07:35 PM

Equally as funny is the absolute confidence some msu people have just because he is from starkville. It sounds like the "its our turn to win" against xx teamwe heard forever. He may not pick us.

Spiderman
01-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Absolutely. I thought it was important that MSU survived this weekend with AJ, & it appears that we did.

I'm not worried about his Ole Miss visit next week, since he's absolutely not going there.

MSU just needs to try to get him in for a visit & we'll see what happens.

Don't say absolutely.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-17-2016, 08:13 PM
Equally as funny is the absolute confidence some msu people have just because he is from starkville. It sounds like the "its our turn to win" against xx teamwe heard forever. He may not pick us.

I can't speak for everybody else but my confidence in AJ isn't just because he's from Starkville.

TUSK
01-17-2016, 08:22 PM

klong-dog
01-17-2016, 08:25 PM
I can't speak for everybody else but my confidence in AJ isn't just because he's from Starkville.do tell Dan

msstate7
01-17-2016, 08:29 PM
Just read a little of bama recruiting thread on secrant. They think aj is between them and om... Seems a school that recruits as well as them would be a little more knowledgeable

Coach34
01-17-2016, 08:36 PM
Just read a little of bama recruiting thread on secrant. They think aj is between them and om... Seems a school that recruits as well as them would be a little more knowledgeable

AJ is not going to OM. Distant 3rd

msstate7
01-17-2016, 08:37 PM
AJ is not going to OM. Distant 3rd

I agree

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2016, 09:29 PM

They are ignorant but this also shows our perception problem.

Why should they think we would get AJ? We are rarely in the race for big time croots and we can't score 10+ points against them.

It's weird, for all of the winning we have done, it hasn't really affected our perception as a poor, mid-major program who's wins are more a result of schedule than quality of play.

smootness
01-17-2016, 09:36 PM

Why should they think we would get AJ? We are rarely in the race for big time croots and we can't score 10+ points against them.

It's weird, for all of the winning we have done, it hasn't really affected our perception as a poor, mid-major program who's wins are more a result of schedule than quality of play.

Because they're stupid if they think we're not in it. We've beaten them for a bunch of MS kids recently.

Political Hack
01-17-2016, 09:53 PM

Take that crap that yuku. We've won 19 games in two years, are closing strong, and have another load of talent taking the field next year that could easily win 9 more games. I don't know how this slips past a lot of the people on this site, but if you pay attention really, really closely... WE'RE GETTING BETTER and BETTER as a program.

bulldawg28
01-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Take that crap that yuku. We've won 19 games in two years, are closing strong, and have another load of talent taking the field next year that could easily win 9 more games. I don't know how this slips past a lot of the people on this site, but if you pay attention really, really closely... WE'RE GETTING BETTER and BETTER as a program.

Preach!!!

Really Clark?
01-17-2016, 10:22 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/553497b7a4a4ee295bbc6315be60b879/tumblr_mhrcwmUwo61rhf9tro1_500.gif

Boya
01-17-2016, 10:31 PM

Nailed it!

Commercecomet24
01-17-2016, 11:36 PM

AMEN!!! Well said!!!

CadaverDawg
01-17-2016, 11:41 PM

Yep, Hack always dropping knowledge...best start listening to him.

(And Shotgun always dropping subtle, well planned jabs at MSU...best start sickking the Enforcer on a background check)

QuadrupleOption
01-17-2016, 11:55 PM

+Rep. I've been saying this since the Egg Bowl.

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2016, 11:56 PM

Political,

I completely agree with you. We are absolutely improving as a program. My post was speaking of the outside perception of us, not my own thoughts about us. Read what I wrote. I was speaking of our program from an Alabama or LSU fan's perspective. Nothing else

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2016, 11:57 PM

(And Shotgun always dropping subtle, well planned jabs at MSU...best start sickking the Enforcer on a background check)

Here is your background check:

I played for MSU. I wore the maroon and white and attend 4+ home games a year.

Secondly, we may have met at some point. You'd laugh

TUSK
01-18-2016, 12:18 AM

Hold. The Fvck. Up.

that's my gig.

CadaverDawg
01-18-2016, 12:19 AM

Then why the hell are you not smart enough to not post some of the things you post on a public forum? I see moments of feeling 100% sure you're a Dawg, & then you go on about a month of head scratching posts where I get a flood of PM's from people claiming you're a troll. Hell, OM fans think you're a troll. I want to believe you, & I think I do...especially if you're truthful about playing for State....but goodness I wish you'd think things through b4 posting sometimes.

I'll drop it. Sorry to make accusatory statements

CadaverDawg
01-18-2016, 12:22 AM
Hold. The Fvck. Up.

that's my gig.

Haha, you're the gold standard.

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2016, 12:24 AM
Then why the hell are you not smart enough to not post some of the things you post on a public forum? I see moments of feeling 100% sure you're a Dawg, & then you go on about a month of head scratching posts where I get a flood of PM's from people claiming you're a troll. Hell, OM fans think you're a troll. I want to believe you, & I think I do...especially if you're truthful about playing for State....but goodness I wish you'd think things through b4 posting sometimes.

I don't think I make statements that are head scratching. I try to look at things in a pretty realistic manner & sometimes it comes across as not having the maroon shades on.

If you read my explanation for my post above, you would see that there is really nothing head scratching about it all.

EliteDawgEnforcer
01-18-2016, 12:50 AM

With that being said. I can now say without a doubt I know who he is. Shotgun is a Dawg. He might talk a little weird at times. But He is a dawg through and through.

and Good job scoring a run against MS Valley.

bulldawg28
01-18-2016, 07:59 AM

T

CadaverDawg
01-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Yea, I apologize Shotgun. Glad to know you're a Dawg, & I appreciate the PM. I'm man enough to admit when I shouldn't call someone out, especially as a mod. My apologies to you & to the board.

msstate7
01-18-2016, 08:15 AM
Yea, I apologize Shotgun. Glad to know you're a Dawg, & I appreciate the PM. I'm man enough to admit when I shouldn't call someone out, especially as a mod. My apologies to you & to the board.

Strike 1 haha

starkvegasdawg
01-18-2016, 08:15 AM

Your punishment is a week of having to read Nafoom and Rebel Grove for three hours a day for a week.

CadaverDawg
01-18-2016, 08:17 AM
Your punishment is a week of having to read Nafoom and Rebel Grove for three hours a day for a week.

Then I rescind my apology**