PDA

View Full Version : Today's rumor on the Ole Missus investigation....

Coach34
01-17-2016, 11:04 AM
OM has been notified by the NCAA and has hired a law firm out of Birmingham with experience in NCAA matters. No idea the name of the firm. Maybe others have some insight on that.

starkvegasdawg
01-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

CadaverDawg
01-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

http://i.imgur.com/ndY6JjO.gif

OurState
01-17-2016, 11:15 AM
OM has been notified by the NCAA and has hired a law firm out of Birmingham with experience in NCAA matters. No idea the name of the firm. Maybe others have some insight on that.

Bold move. The Bama firms are clearly the best at this. The question is if they will try to help TSUN or let the NCAA fillet them as TSUN likes to point out they have beaten Bama twice...

7dawg
01-17-2016, 11:20 AM
So, will a FOI get this in public view since it is a public institution under investigation? I know they are using some type of attorney client privilege to keep it as quiet as possible. What are the reprocussions for a State institution violating a FOI request? Are there even any media outlets requesting information pertaining from this investigation.

The Clarion Ledger would be sending us a FOI everyday if the situation was reversed.

Coach34
01-17-2016, 11:23 AM
So, will a FOI get this in public view since it is a public institution under investigation? I know they are using some type of attorney client privilege to keep it as quiet as possible. What are the reprocussions for a State institution violating a FOI request? Are there even any media outlets requesting information pertaining from this investigation.

The Clarion Ledger would be sending us a FOI everyday if the situation was reversed.

Requests have to be made first of all- and I'm sure there are ways for them to hide. Nobody really knew ULL was under investigation until their response came out. Schools have 90 days to respond.

Dawgowar
01-17-2016, 11:44 AM

Is this just for the testing/academic fraud during Nutt's tenure or does it extend into the 'greatest crooting class of all tiiiiiiime'?

Coach34
01-17-2016, 11:50 AM
Is this just for the testing/academic fraud during Nutt's tenure or does it extend into the 'greatest crooting class of all tiiiiiiime'?

I think this is what we are all wondering. Is it just the academic fraud? Or have they tied them both together to go for LOIC? Could explain the length of the investigation very easily- LOIC

defiantdog
01-17-2016, 12:20 PM

If it's out of Bham, then it's most likely Balch & Bingham representing them.

Coursesuper
01-17-2016, 12:29 PM
If it's out of Bham, then it's most likely Balch & Bingham representing them.

Do they handle NCAA stuff as a rule? Have they done this kind of work before?

Op4isabitch
01-17-2016, 12:38 PM
What have they been notified of, findings? If so does this mean that infractions and penalties will be announced?

I'm keeping my hopes high that they get leveled.

Really Clark?
01-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Is this additional outside council or new council? Maybe it's council to handle the NOA, when they are received or drafting the response now. They already had outside council involved during the Saunders interviews along with their inside council.

Coursesuper
01-17-2016, 12:45 PM
What have they been notified of, findings? If so does this mean that infractions and penalties will be announced?

I'm keeping my hopes high that they get leveled.

That is the question now isn't it. Why would they retain the firm in the first place? There has to be something to it if they are hiring a firm from out of the state, I feel sure that they are at some pucker factor setting if this is where they are heading.

confucius say
01-17-2016, 12:49 PM

I don't know about investigations, but I do know they do some ncaa stuff and have a sports law section that has several athletes they represent in contractual matters. They also have an office in jackson.

defiantdog
01-17-2016, 12:52 PM

Lightfoot is the firm that represents most universities in compliance discrepancies. They have the most experience when it comes to the NCAA. I didn't read that part in Coach's original post. Here's a little about the firm ----> http://www.lightfootlaw.com/group/ncaa-compliance-and-investigations/

dawgoneyall
01-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Nice Car Talk reference. Tom would laugh.

ScottH
01-17-2016, 01:39 PM
Lightfoot is the firm that represents most universities in compliance discrepancies. They have the most experience when it comes to the NCAA. I didn't read that part in Coach's original post. Here's a little about the firm ----> http://www.lightfootlaw.com/group/ncaa-compliance-and-investigations/

It's these guys. They do a good job. We have used them some.

msstatelp1
01-17-2016, 01:53 PM
Nice Car Talk reference. Tom would laugh.

Car Talk got it from the 3 Stooges. Both great shows.

gtowndawg
01-17-2016, 02:08 PM
100% correct. 3 stooges all the way.

Coach34
01-17-2016, 02:14 PM
100% correct. 3 stooges all the way.

I was wondering how many of the under-40's would know that

gtowndawg
01-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Love the stooges. Grew up watching them on TBS. I've even read Moe's autobiography.

By the way, Moe has a Mississippi connection. He worked as an actor on an river boat. It was his first acting gig. He sent his neighbors picture from Brooklyn (who was much better looking) and they hired him based on that guys pic. He showed up the day the boat left and there was no time to hire anyone else.

starkvegasdawg
01-17-2016, 02:33 PM
I was wondering how many of the under-40's would know that

Absolutely classic show. So, who was your favorite? Curley, Shemp, or Joe? To me, not much contest but I never presume.

Swami Dawg
01-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Hello friends,

I am for to finding more about this lawfirm that the Rebel Land Bear Sharks are to be hiring in defense of the cheatings.

This is being the business card.
http://s15.postimg.org/lrfcvlrqz/dewye_chetem_and_howe_card.jpg

Here is a billboard on side of highway.

http://s13.postimg.org/712ojg1cn/dewey_cheatem_and_howe.jpg

I am for to believing that Rebel Land Bear Sharks have very good team lawyers being on their sides. I being hoping that NCAA is having good team too!

Swami

gtowndawg
01-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Absolutely classic show. So, who was your favorite? Curley, Shemp, or Joe? To me, not much contest but I never presume.

Curly for sure (or "Babe" as moe called him). But Moe, Curly and Shemp would have been great together. All brothers of course. Larry had no relation.

Coach34
01-17-2016, 03:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcqtaS_gQHI

RIdog
01-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Swami , you never disappoint . :)

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-17-2016, 04:30 PM

Curley. And it's not even close.

Dawgowar
01-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Video of the NCAA serving Bjork the LOI.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXf_eaQcSdM