PDA

View Full Version : And Arizona wins in a "once in a lifetime" thriller.....

RougeDawg
01-16-2016, 11:53 PM
On a play that we must have scrapped from out play book. A shovel pass to Fitzgerald for a TD to win in OT after LF went for 75 on the first OT play. Damn that was one hell of a game that had many odd twists and turns and even things that you hardly ever see.

Sure wish we would bring back the old shovel pass to our offense, especially with our spread/read option offense. It has been effective for us in the past and I think it would have opened up our running game this past season.

Churchill
01-17-2016, 12:02 AM
I can still hear Jack calling it the "Utah pass"

Cabo32
01-17-2016, 12:02 AM
Seem to remember Dan running that shovel pass at FLA a lot.

smootness
01-17-2016, 12:12 AM
We still run it from time to time. That's not a play you can really use as a staple.

DancingRabbit
01-17-2016, 01:44 AM
We still run it from time to time. That's not a play you can really use as a staple.

I remember we ran it with Gus Walley sometime in the latter part of the season.

You're right about not over-using it. Always a lot of traffic around there and if the defense knows it's coming it could be trouble.

Dawg61
01-17-2016, 09:29 AM
The throws Aaron Rodgers made at the end of regulation were ridiculous. Guy has an absolute cannon for an arm. 4th down in the endzone throw I'm pretty sure he didn't have either foot on the ground when he released that throw. Look at his feet again during that throw. Insane he can throw it that hard and far without having even one of his feet planted.