PDA

View Full Version : Jarrell Powe added to Saunders staff at PRRC

coastdoglover
01-16-2016, 09:45 AM
I laughed this morning when I saw David Saunders had added Powe to his football coaching staff. First of all, what kind of degree could he have been given to graduate from college. Glad to see ole David up to his same old tricks.

Political Hack
01-16-2016, 09:57 AM
It's amazing to me that the school would have them on board with everything going on; however, I am glad this hasn't absolutely ruined Saunders livelihood. An 8 year show cause is more than enough punishment.

What I don't understand is how someone who has struggled so much academically can make a good staff member. I don't know the guy, but it's hard to imagine that he's trotting around the field with 120+ IQ coaching players up. Makes me curious as to how he got his job and the timing of the job/announcement. Hypothetically of course, I see the conversation going like this:

JP: "D, hear you're in some hot water."
DS: "yeah, seems that way."
JP: "heard you have an open staff position"
JP: "seems like I'm the kind of guy you need on your side right now."
JP: "So I'm probably going to be your next DL coach, right?"

Saltydog
01-16-2016, 10:29 AM
I still remember the infamous quote from his Mom that was in the C/L. Something to the affect of "Jerrell a good kid, he just can't read". Somewhere along the lines the Rebs released a scholarly photo of him standing in the library with a book in his hand while wearing some preppy glasses and a sweater.

Dawgtini
01-16-2016, 10:34 AM
I submit that you don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to coach the dline and play football. I bet JP knows a lot about what it takes to beat the man in front of you. He may not be able to write it down or read it back, but I bet he knows good play when he sees it and can tell you what you need to do to improve as a d lineman.

deltadawg99
01-16-2016, 10:52 AM
They became really close since Saunders spent so much time getting powe qualified.

How is Powe not still in the league? I thought the was better than Warren sapp

Schultzy
01-16-2016, 11:25 AM
I still remember the infamous quote from his Mom that was in the C/L. Something to the affect of "Jerrell a good kid, he just can't read". Somewhere along the lines the Rebs released a scholarly photo of him standing in the library with a book in his hand while wearing some preppy glasses, a sweater and a bow tie.

It was the C-L that released the hilarious scholarly photo on the cover of their huge annual football preview for all college and hs teams that came out evey August.

It was another C-L to the rescue moment when UM was getting some embarrassing pub on the Powe issue bc it was so egregious that Boone and Nutt/Saunders fell out over it which has been well documented here lately.

JoseBrown
01-16-2016, 11:29 AM
They became really close since Saunders spent so much time getting powe qualified.

How is Powe not still in the league? I thought the was better than Warren sapp

On the same note, why is Tommy Kelly not still in the league? Last I remember he signed that huge contract, then I look up and he's coaching dline at Provine. He was on the sidelines while getting destroyed by Germantown this year. Surprised I hadn't heard before then.

sandjunky
01-16-2016, 01:37 PM
I admit that I am an alumnus of PRCC ... Embarrassing given all the accusations

“In the search for a new head football coach, it was the ultimate goal of the selection committee to identify a person who could not only lead our student athletes on the football field, but, more importantly, show great passion for their success in the classroom and in life,” said PRCC president William Lewis.

“We were looking for a person who truly cared about the lives of young people, and who possessed a commitment to the moral, physical and spiritual development of their athletes. We believe we found that in Coach David Saunders.”

http://www.prcc.edu/athletics/prcc-hires-saunders-head-football-coach

starkvegasdawg
01-16-2016, 02:00 PM
Aight now, lissen up. This first play we gonna learn is the I has a crayon safety blitz.

Saltydog
01-16-2016, 02:15 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/10ftf8m.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/fw8r8.png

BossDawg
01-16-2016, 04:57 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/10ftf8m.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/fw8r8.png

That is damn hilarious. Dolling up Powe to look like some astrophysicist and taking a pic is the most UMiss thing ever lol.

SoJackDog
01-16-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm wondering about these two being hired if things are truly going down for Ole Miss and they are in the middle of the rumors here.

starkvegasdawg
01-16-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm wondering about these two being hired if things are truly going down for Ole Miss and they are in the middle of the rumors here.

CC's fall under a different jurisdiction. Means nothing. The fact Saunders got an 8 year show cause in div 1 is all you need to know.