PDA

View Full Version : When is the perfect time?

Reason2succeed
01-15-2016, 01:01 AM
I think the NCAA is totally fed up with programs not taking them serious, espcially programs like Ole Miss that flaunt it with books and movies. The NCAA isn't oblivious of what is going on in the recruiting world. They see that OM is putting together a class of highly rated prospects to restock their cupboard so that even when they go on probation they'll already have plenty of talent on hand to endure.

SO, I think the NCAA is waiting for the perfect timing to drop the sanctions bomb. Bjork said he wanted this resolved quickly. But we're hearing nothing. When would be the perfect time for the NCAA to announce these sanctions to totally undermine Ole Miss' recruiting?

I think about 3 days before signing day. Just long enough for every recruit to know and bail to the second option but not enough time for Freeze & Co. to respond. What say ye?

tireddawg
01-15-2016, 01:03 AM
This thread is wishful thinking

yjnkdawg
01-15-2016, 02:11 AM
I think the NCAA is totally fed up with programs not taking them serious, espcially programs like Ole Miss that flaunt it with books and movies. The NCAA isn't oblivious of what is going on in the recruiting world. They see that OM is putting together a class of highly rated prospects to restock their cupboard so that even when they go on probation they'll already have plenty of talent on hand to endure.

SO, I think the NCAA is waiting for the perfect timing to drop the sanctions bomb. Bjork said he wanted this resolved quickly. But we're hearing nothing. When would be the perfect time for the NCAA to announce these sanctions to totally undermine Ole Miss' recruiting?

I think about 3 days before signing day. Just long enough for every recruit to know and bail to the second option but not enough time for Freeze & Co. to respond. What say ye?

It would be great and the perfect timing if that were to occur, but the NCAA has no timeline on investigations. It says that on their website. Steve is saying 2 to 3 months I believe, but I hadn't heard any projections from anybody else.

Spiderman
01-15-2016, 07:53 AM
This thread is wishful thinking

Afraid so

msstate7
01-15-2016, 07:56 AM
The perfect time? Today at lunch.

Dawgface
01-15-2016, 07:59 AM
I think the NCAA is totally fed up with programs not taking them serious, espcially programs like Ole Miss

I'm not convinced of that. They hand out very few penalties and you know there is a lot of cheating going on out there. That's why OM has been so bold in their's.

Johnson85
01-15-2016, 10:19 AM
I think the NCAA is totally fed up with programs not taking them serious, espcially programs like Ole Miss

I'm not convinced of that. They hand out very few penalties and you know there is a lot of cheating going on out there. That's why OM has been so bold in their's.

Yea, you have to remember what the NCAA is, and it's a member based organization. There are two things you can mean when you say "NCAA". One is the member institutions. The other is the employees running the NCAA. For the most part, it doesn't make sense to say the "NCAA wants" or the "NCAA thinks" when you're talking about the member institutions because they don't really have the same interests. To an extent, the NCAA groups Delta State with Ohio State. Their interests are often not going to be aligned.

When you're talking about the employees, the higher ups' primary goal is managing the sometimes divergent interests of its members in a way that keeps its member institutions as happy as possible being part of the NCAA. Then you have other employees that are basically bureaucrats. Some of them are just interested in keeping their paycheck coming, some of them enjoy the idea that they can exercise control.

So when someone say the NCAA is totally fed up with programs nto taking them serious, especially programs like Ole Miss, I'm not sure who that would be. There probably are some lower level enforcement agents that are true believers and hate that the idea of amateur athletes has become something of a joke at the power 5 schools, but they aren't going to have the power to rock the boat. They can go after smaller schools because the power 5 don't care about them and most smaller schools don't want an arms race in illegal recruiting. The higher ups are just trying to keep their members happy. The vast majority of the NCAA members do not like paying athletes because their budgets are strained, but paying athletes gives the Power 5 schools an advantage, and the NCAA itself and the non-power schools need the money from the power five schools, and the NCAA higher ups especially recognize that the power 5 schools could form their own organization if they wanted with the only downside being a slightly less interesting basketball tournament.

Maybe the power 5 schools are more interested in enforcement now though. USCw didn't get nothing, and basketball enforcement seems to have picked up. Maybe even the top power 5 schools are starting to feel recruiting has gotten ridiculous, in which case Ole Miss would be a prime candidate. They're a podunk school actually pushing the limits on the arms race, so would be an attractive target to make an example of provided they can get the SEC on board, but I'm still not expecting anything serious. Until I see somethign different, I assume that enforcement actions are pretty arbitrary and there's nto much rhyme or reason as to when they hit somebody, except that the arbitrariness of it keeps some of the illegal recruiting bottled up b/c nobody knwos when the NCAA will randomly take an interest in their cheating rather than just turning a blind eye like usual.

chainedup_Dawg
01-15-2016, 10:37 AM
I don't think there is a way for that to happen. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the NCAA have to send out a NOA and the school has a timeframe to respond to said NOA? As far as we know, there hasn't been one for them to respond to. Of course, we all know that if they have received one they're going to keep it hush and not respond til after signing day if possible.

Really Clark?
01-15-2016, 10:58 AM
I don't think there is a way for that to happen. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the NCAA have to send out a NOA and the school has a timeframe to respond to said NOA? As far as we know, there hasn't been one for them to respond to. Of course, we all know that if they have received one they're going to keep it hush and not respond til after signing day if possible.

Yes. The school has 90 days to respond once the NOA is received.

Mutt the Hoople
01-15-2016, 08:51 PM
I know many of you think Ole Miss is this powerful entity who's behind massive conspiracies. Sorry, but I don't think they're bright enough to have a "network". You gotta remember that their fanbase is basically a bunch of extra-chromosome window-lickers (but unlike Down's Syndrome people, they're not lovable.... all they do is drool alot, and play with themselves).

I think that even if they're not hit with massive sanctions, the weight of their guilt will keep them below the 6-win threshold.

msstate7
01-15-2016, 08:54 PM
I know many of you think Ole Miss is this powerful entity who's behind massive conspiracies. Sorry, but I don't think they're bright enough to have a "network". You gotta remember that their fanbase is basically a bunch of extra-chromosome window-lickers (but unlike Down's Syndrome people, they're not lovable.... all they do is drool alot, and play with themselves).

I think that even if they're not hit with massive sanctions, the weight of their guilt will keep them below the 6-win threshold.

Op4isabitch
01-15-2016, 09:27 PM

This site needs a like button.

EAVdog
01-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Remember Ole Miss was called out by Dr Adams at UGA after they swooped in and signed Tunsil. If anyone knows anything about him he is the kind of guy to make this personal.

Maroons
01-15-2016, 11:15 PM
The perfect time? Today at lunch.

So did it happen?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-15-2016, 11:46 PM
Remember Ole Miss was called out by Dr Adams at UGA after they swooped in and signed Tunsil. If anyone knows anything about him he is the kind of guy to make this personal.

I hope he has...