PDA

View Full Version : For those questioning Beniquez Brown's decision

Reason2succeed
01-14-2016, 10:18 PM
I don't know how reliable this site is but he thinks that Beni will be the 2nd Bulldawg drafted right after Will Redmond and before Dak. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016_3.php

msstate7
01-14-2016, 10:19 PM
I'd be absolutely shocked if brown gets drafted ahead of jones or in the 2nd round.

Reason2succeed
01-14-2016, 10:23 PM
He has him in the 3rd round. Beni could benefit greatly from Benardrick's success in Houston and KJ Wright's success in Seattle. NFL guys love to do comparable and he's built like both of them.

Bigedawg
01-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Huh? B-Mac and KJ are both athletic freaks. They are built nothing like Benni. Benni's strength is his football IQ and instincts. He is undersized and limited athletically, but I hope he has a 10 year nfl career. He won't blow people away at the combine, if he is invited, but I think he'll make a roster.

Maroon_and_white
01-14-2016, 10:33 PM
He has him in the 3rd round. Beni could benefit greatly from Benardrick's success in Houston and KJ Wright's success in Seattle. NFL guys love to do comparable and he's built like both of them.

Beni could in fact be the 2nd bulldog drafted I have no idea, but I can promise you "NFL guys" don't care about comparisons like that and Benni is definitely not as athletic as those 2

tireddawg
01-15-2016, 01:10 AM

Uhhh, no he's not

BeardoMSU
01-15-2016, 01:13 AM
Beni could in fact be the 2nd bulldog drafted I have no idea, but I can promise you "NFL guys" don't care about comparisons like that and Benni is definitely not as athletic as those 2

I like Beni, a lot, and I wish him the very best, but you're wrong here. KJ and BK are athletic freaks of nature, physical specimens, and about as instinctive as you can be at their position. Them both being 6'5"ish doesn't hurt their cause either....

Maroon_and_white
01-15-2016, 09:26 AM
I like Beni, a lot, and I wish him the very best, but you're wrong here. KJ and BK are athletic freaks of nature, physical specimens, and about as instinctive as you can be at their position. Them both being 6'5"ish doesn't hurt their cause either....

What, that's what I was saying

BeardoMSU
01-15-2016, 09:36 AM
What, that's what I was saying

Sorry. Quoted your post by mistake.

louisvilledawg
01-15-2016, 09:50 AM
I'd be absolutely shocked if brown gets drafted ahead of jones or in the 2nd round.

Yeah, at best he's the 3rd bulldog taken imo

I could see jones, redmond, wilson, and dak going before him.

DanDority
01-15-2016, 10:00 AM
I bet your built like K.J and BMac too aren't you?

Reason2succeed
01-15-2016, 10:04 AM
My bad. I never realized that Beni was only 6'1. Either way, this so-called draft expert who I'm guessing has no connection to State feels that Beni is at least close to being drafted as high as Will Redmond and Dak. This is not necessarily my opinion either. All I'm pointing out is that those who acted like Brown was insane for leaving early need to know that he isn't the only person who likes his chances of being drafted well. At the end of the day our fans should be grateful for all of our players. They don't have to sign here so when they do we should be appreciative of all of their hard work and wish them well whenever they decide to turn pro.

Political Hack
01-15-2016, 10:05 AM
Think it was a good move for him. I don't see him improving his stock any next year and he may actually split more reps with the younger guys too. Probably the smartest move for him personally.

Dawgface
01-15-2016, 10:16 AM
I wish him well. Hope all our dogs make a lot of money. Hate it for us though.

Noah11
01-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Think it was a good move for him. I don't see him improving his stock any next year and he may actually split more reps with the younger guys too. Probably the smartest move for him personally.

Agreed, he would have to split reps with Leo Lewis, Gerri Green, and possibly Kelan Chairs

Bigedawg
01-15-2016, 11:30 AM
I am excited for him too. He probably would not have improved his draft stock significantly, and in the NFL, it is all about getting to the second contract. He is a 4th year junior so it is time to get paid. Next season really feels like a changing of the guard, and I am looking forward to seeing a new crop of players, who come in with much higher accolades than their predecessors. I view next season as having a little of a learning curve but there is no doubt we will be plugging in some premium athletes, especially in the linebacking corps.

bobcat91
01-15-2016, 12:58 PM
He is at best a 5th rounder and most probably later than that or a UFA. Wish him the best.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-15-2016, 03:37 PM
I hope Dak, Redmond, Calhoun, C. Jones, D. Wilson, and Benni all go as the first 6 picks in the first round.

But the truth is that interviews, film study, and workouts are about to get moving for the NFL guys. I think Benni will do well in interviews, and will look pretty good on film. He is not going to blow them away in the underwear olympics (combine, private workouts, or pro-days). That will move some guys up and some guys down. I think he is 5th round or lower.

i think he can play in the league. i think he will be a willing special teamer, he is a smart linebacker, and he works. I wish him the best.

Reason2succeed
01-15-2016, 04:22 PM
I bet traditional power fans like Ohio State fans would never diminish their players to the 5th round even when a writer has projected them in a higher round. We need to readjust our self perception as a program. This writer obviously thinks that Beni is one of the better LBs coming out this draft. Why would we second guess that? It might be a down class of LBs? There may be higher than usual need for LBs this year on teams? I'm just disappointed in our fan support for our players.

bobcat91
01-15-2016, 05:56 PM
Because he is an undersized, slow career special teaser in the NFL if he even makes a team. It's not that difficult. Some college greats are poor NFL guys. See Tebow, Leaf, Mandarich, etc.

Rick Danko
01-15-2016, 06:11 PM
And possibly Kelan Chairs

Uhhhhh.... What?

I seen it dawg
01-15-2016, 07:11 PM
I don't know how reliable this site is but he thinks that Beni will be the 2nd Bulldawg drafted right after Will Redmond and before Dak. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016_3.php

Draft is kinda like recruiting. You'll know when the official pick and signature is in. So easy there cowboy

I seen it dawg
01-15-2016, 07:13 PM
I bet traditional power fans like Ohio State fans would never diminish their players to the 5th round even when a writer has projected them in a higher round. We need to readjust our self perception as a program. This writer obviously thinks that Beni is one of the better LBs coming out this draft. Why would we second guess that? It might be a down class of LBs? There may be higher than usual need for LBs this year on teams? I'm just disappointed in our fan support for our players.

Simmer holmes. Nobody is downing beni. He's a great bulldog. Sorry there's people on here that like to debate things without sunshine clouding it.