Spiderman
01-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Who's that?

Big4Dawg
01-14-2016, 07:12 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Willie-Allen-23486

Really Clark?
01-14-2016, 07:15 PM
OL from LA whom a commitment hinges on if LSU's offer is committable or not. He may just be getting a visit, was suppose to go to Aub. ??? Late in the year on him. I really want Reese I think over Allen but obviously would take both. Probably.

Todd4State
01-14-2016, 07:19 PM
OL from LA whom a commitment hinges on if LSU's offer is committable or not. He may just be getting a visit, was suppose to go to Aub. ??? Late in the year on him. I really want Reese I think over Allen but obviously would take both. Probably.

Hell yeah we should take both. We should be taking 5-6 o-linemen a year.

Dallas_Dawg
01-14-2016, 07:20 PM
Sign his ass up

RougeDawg
01-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Hell yeah we should take both. We should be taking 5-6 o-linemen a year.

This^^^^^

There's no reason we should not sign as many 4* and up OLinemem every year that they are available. This is the only glaring area that has limited our chances to win the west the last two seasons.

Spiderman
01-14-2016, 07:41 PM

Always a red Flag if LSU doesn't want a Top 10 player in the state, especially if he's a lineman.

msstate7
01-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Always a red Flag if LSU doesn't want a Top 10 player in the state, especially if he's a lineman.

They do have the #1 class in the country, so maybe they just want someone more. Them backing off doesn't mean we should

MafiaDawg
01-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Well at this point I'd say we need to take some risks.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2016, 07:48 PM
I'm all for us taking him, but listen to ifyouonlyknew, in the recruiting thread.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2016, 07:49 PM

They recruit at a level where they can pass on a kid like Allen. He's over ranked. Should be a low 4* instead of top 50 top 100.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm all for us taking him, but listen to ifyouonlyknew, in the recruiting thread.

My post from there

We'll know after this weekend what the deal is. He OV to LSU. I like him if you realize what he is. Everybody wanted him to be an instant impact day 1 guy. He's not that. He needs a RS year to get his body in great shape & learn pass protection. He's been over ranked. He's a low 4* not a top 50 or 100 player like he's been ranked. He can be a really good player in 2yrs IMO.

msstate7
01-14-2016, 07:53 PM
My post from there

We'll know after this weekend what the deal is. He OV to LSU. I like him if you realize what he is. Everybody wanted him to be an instant impact day 1 guy. He's not that. He needs a RS year to get his body in great shape & learn pass protection. He's been over ranked. He's a low 4* not a top 50 or 100 player like he's been ranked. He can be a really good player in 2yrs IMO.

Sign him and in 2 years, we're looking a lot better at tackle with lashley, champion, Allen, and Jenkins

klong-dog
01-14-2016, 07:55 PM
My post from there

We'll know after this weekend what the deal is. He OV to LSU. I like him if you realize what he is. Everybody wanted him to be an instant impact day 1 guy. He's not that. He needs a RS year to get his body in great shape & learn pass protection. He's been over ranked. He's a low 4* not a top 50 or 100 player like he's been ranked. He can be a really good player in 2yrs IMO.kinda reminds me of a Damien Robinson from a few years back. ?

Spiderman
01-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Well at this point I'd say we need to take some risks.

I agree, but we can't have a miss on O-linemen anymore.

Spiderman
01-14-2016, 07:56 PM
My post from there

Thx. That was my meaning. He couldn't be an impact guy if LSU passes on him. That or other problems. Glad it's not that.

Really Clark?
01-14-2016, 07:57 PM
kinda reminds me of a Damien Robinson from a few years back. ?

I wouldn't go that far. Just over ranked some and hasn't improved like coaches thought he might. I think most think he is a more work in progress type than initially thought. But that is what some are worried about with him.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2016, 07:59 PM
kinda reminds me of a Damien Robinson from a few years back. ?

Not close. Damien just couldn't play. Willie can play he's just not on the level as the top 5-10 OT in this class & that's where he's been placed.

engie
01-14-2016, 08:01 PM
I agree, but we can't have a miss on O-linemen anymore.

There's always going to be misses here. Over sign -- and if not ready by year 3 -- cut bait

TUSK
01-14-2016, 08:05 PM
He's just raw, IMO... will need some development... sign that cat up...

TUSK
01-14-2016, 08:06 PM
There's always going to be misses here. Over sign -- and if not ready by year 3 -- cut bait

Engie, are you talking bout "processing"?

Spiderman
01-14-2016, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Just over ranked some and hasn't improved like coaches thought he might. I think most think he is a more work in progress type than initially thought. But that is what some are worried about with him.

Watched his Hudl film. That's his high lights? If I'm playing him that week here is my scouting report...

Big and long
Got a little chippiness in him, bit of a front runner, swaggers when dominating a lesser talent.
lateral movement good
overwhelms smaller players on size alone.
doesn't seem overpoweringly strong
A strong kid with good technique could hold his own with him
not enough pass blocking to evaluate
not enough film to judge speed
Rating..... B- to a B
(in my system that equals better than average to good.)

Jack Lambert
01-14-2016, 08:12 PM

They run out of room sooner or later and they might have a bigger need at another position.

Really Clark?
01-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Watched his Hudl film. That's his high lights? If I'm playing him that week here is my scouting report...

Big and long
Got a little chippiness in him, bit of a front runner, swaggers when dominating a lesser talent.
lateral movement good
overwhelms smaller players on size alone.
doesn't seem overpoweringly strong
A strong kid with good technique could hold his own with him
not enough pass blocking to evaluate
not enough film to judge speed
Rating..... B- to a B
(in my system that equals better than average to good.)

Sounds about right from what I understand as well. He just needs work. Pass blocking is suppose to be an issue but the raw material is there it seems. 2 years in a program and he will be ready or we probably have a good idea if he will be a depth guy/potential starter.

djaymsu5
01-14-2016, 08:47 PM
From what I've heard Willie has told LSU he wants to be a tiger. I have no clue why he would want to come on a visit if that's the case unless it's just a courtesy visit like some have mentioned before. I wouldn't expect much out of this but you never know it is recruiting. Hope we can change his mind if that's the case.

msstate7
01-14-2016, 08:55 PM
From what I've heard Willie has told LSU he wants to be a tiger. I have no clue why he would want to come on a visit if that's the case unless it's just a courtesy visit like some have mentioned before. I wouldn't expect much out of this but you never know it is recruiting. Hope we can change his mind if that's the case.

There's no doubt Allen wants to be a tiger. The question is whether the Tigers want Allen. Scheduling a visit with us makes me think lsu hasn't said they want him YET

Really Clark?
01-14-2016, 08:56 PM

Like IYOK said, it all hinges on his visit to LSU this weekend. If they assure him that he has a spot, he is theirs. Must be some thought though that it's still up in the air. We'll know next week.

djaymsu5
01-14-2016, 09:46 PM
Like IYOK said, it all hinges on his visit to LSU this weekend. If they assure him that he has a spot, he is theirs. Must be some thought though that it's still up in the air. We'll know next week.

That's what I thought. LSU would be stupid not to take this kid. He's worth the risk

Todd4State
01-14-2016, 09:58 PM

Not necessarily. They only have room for two OT's a class.

Oh- and LSU has had a recent history of missing on some in state guys. Dak Prescott and Josh Robinson ring a bell? I think they missed on Morgan-Walker too.

GumbeauxDawg
01-15-2016, 12:28 AM

Would prob need a redshirt to get in shape and be ready to play in SEC. My guess that's why LSU is on the fence.

Madisonmd
01-15-2016, 07:32 AM
is Allen the kid that is projected to need JUCO due to academics?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2016, 08:47 AM
is Allen the kid that is projected to need JUCO due to academics?

I've never heard anything negative about his grades.

mic
01-15-2016, 09:28 AM
I don't care how Raw he is.. He isn't any more Raw than all the Mississippi kids Hev gets now... . And he probably has a much greater upside... Do what ever we have to and need to and lock him up...
Kid may get here and play with a huge chip on his shoulder and try to prove LSU ****ed up not wrapping him up early...
But it make take some effort from our OL coach to get him.. And we all know what a grinder and relentless effort Hev puts into recruiting...

Really Clark?
01-15-2016, 09:33 AM
I don't care how Raw he is.. He isn't any more Raw than all the Mississippi kids Hev gets now... . And he probably has a much greater upside... Do what ever we have to and need to try try and lock him up...
But it make take some effort from our OL coach to get him.. And we all know what a grinder and relentless effort Hev puts into recruiting...

Shut up. We wouldn't even be getting him to visit if it wasn't for our coaches efforts. He was scheduled to go to Auburn next weekend, switched to us. He is LSU bound unless he is a backup plan for them and our coaches have done a lot to try and make sure we are his backup plan if he is not a take for LSU. The fans have wrote off getting this player a couple of times now but the staff has stayed on it.

mic
01-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Shut up. We wouldn't even be getting him to visit if it wasn't for our coaches efforts. He was scheduled to go to Auburn next weekend, switched to us. He is LSU bound unless he is a backup plan for them and our coaches have done a lot to try and make sure we are his backup plan if he is not a take for LSU. The fans have wrote off getting this player a couple of times now but the staff has stayed on it.

I guess that's why Allen had to reach out to us about a month ago.. Since we have been on him so hard the past year..

And all I said was close the guy next week if he visits.. So **** off..
And If you think Hev is a grinder in the recruiting department then your an idiot..

I guess Willie's hand are big enough.....

jumbo
01-15-2016, 09:53 AM
I do hope LSU passes. We need all the help we can get on the OL and even if it takes Allen a RS year to adjust, if he has the potential to be an SEC lineman, sign his ass up (even if we are his backup plan).

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2016, 09:59 AM
We can complain about Hev's recruiting or lack of. It's been talked about to death but you can't deny he's tried to correct some wrongs down the stretch. Lloyd Cushenberry (South Carolina commit), Willie Allen (Mid 4*), & Stewart Reese (4* on 3 of the 4 recruiting services). Plus there is a possibility that Aaron Dowdell (UGA Commit) OV as well. Yes I know we have to close on some of these guys but you can't bash him for terrible OL recruiting without admitting he's at least trying to upgrade & fix what has become an issue.

mic
01-15-2016, 10:07 AM
We can complain about Hev's recruiting or lack of. It's been talked about to death but you can't deny he's tried to correct some wrongs down the stretch. Lloyd Cushenberry (South Carolina commit), Willie Allen (Mid 4*), & Stewart Reese (4* on 3 of the 4 recruiting services). Plus there is a possibility that Aaron Dowdell (UGA Commit) OV as well. Yes I know we have to close on some of these guys but you can't bash him for terrible OL recruiting without admitting he's at least trying to upgrade & fix what has become an issue.

It has been an issue for basically 7 years..
He isn't making 400k plus just to coach..
Why wouldn't he be out busting his ass every year to get some talented guys to coach , would make his job much easier

If he can pull in some guys , I will be the first to get off his ass...

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2016, 10:09 AM
It has been an issue for basically 7 years..
He isn't making 400k plus just to coach..
Why wouldn't he be out busting his ass every year to get some talented guys to coach , would make his job much easier

If he can pull in some guys , I will be the first to get off his ass...

I basically said that. Yes we know what's been going on that's not up for debate but instead of constantly harping on it we can acknowledge he's trying to correct it? I promise it won't make you a Hev fan if you do.

Really Clark?
01-15-2016, 10:16 AM
I guess that's why Allen had to reach out to us about a month ago.. Since we have been on him so hard the past year..

And all I said was close the guy next week if he visits.. So **** off..
And If you think Hev is a grinder in the recruiting department then your an idiot..

I guess Willie's hand are big enough.....

And we had been in contact with him multiple times prior to last month. He was all about GA and then it was TCU. But when those kept falling through who was right there to remind him he has a place...that's right, us. We know who is what on staff but you want to take the piss out of recruiting with nearly every post to take dig with the staff. A staff that you didn't even know was still on the kid.

mic
01-15-2016, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Really Clark?;486633]And we had been in contact with him multiple times prior to last month. He was all about GA and then it was TCU. But when those kept falling through who was right there to remind him he has a place...that's right, us. We know who is what on staff but you want to take the piss out of recruiting with nearly every post to take dig with the staff. A staff that you didn't even know was still on the kid.[/QUOTE

You make it sound like we are going over and beyond to be recruiting and keep recruiting a possible big time OL.. ... Why the hell would we not recruit the kid to the end... That's what you are suppose to do..
Shit I'm sure ULL and La Tech are still recruiting him hard..

Really Clark?
01-15-2016, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Really Clark?;486633]And we had been in contact with him multiple times prior to last month. He was all about GA and then it was TCU. But when those kept falling through who was right there to remind him he has a place...that's right, us. We know who is what on staff but you want to take the piss out of recruiting with nearly every post to take dig with the staff. A staff that you didn't even know was still on the kid.[/QUOTE

You make it sound like we are going over and beyond to be recruiting and keep recruiting a possible big time OL.. ... Why the hell would we not recruit the kid to the end... That's what you are suppose to do..
Shit I'm sure ULL and La Tech are still recruiting him hard..

No, you were the one trying to say we were not doing it. It wasn't true and I said as much. Told you to shut up taking digs when it's not warranted. It's not with Allen.

mic
01-15-2016, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=mic;486638]

No, you were the one trying to say we were not doing it. It wasn't true and I said as much. Told you to shut up taking digs when it's not warranted. It's not with Allen.

All the **** I said from the original post was close the guy...
And with the track record that Hev has in the recruiting department no one on here can argue with that...

Really Clark?
01-15-2016, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Really Clark?;486643]

All the **** I said from the original post was close the guy...
And with the track record that Hev has in the recruiting department no one on here can argue with that...

"But it make take some effort from our OL coach to get him..". Is part of what you said. And I said "Shut up. We wouldn't even be getting him to visit if it wasn't for our coaches efforts." He has enough issues but when it's not warranted and we know he has actually recruited better than many want to give credit for and is a better coach as well, I'm going to call it out. And I have agreed with many at the end of the year we need a change at OL coach. For various reasons, including recruiting.

mic
01-15-2016, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=mic;486653]

"But it make take some effort from our OL coach to get him..". Is part of what you said. And I said "Shut up. We wouldn't even be getting him to visit if it wasn't for our coaches efforts." He has enough issues but when it's not warranted and we know he has actually recruited better than many want to give credit for and is a better coach as well, I'm going to call it out. And I have agreed with many at the end of the year we need a change at OL coach. For various reasons, including recruiting.

"Coaches" and "Staff"
Words I never said...

And it's the truth it will take effort from our OL coach ...

Really Clark?
01-15-2016, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Really Clark?;486659]

"Coaches" and "Staff"
Words I never said...

And it's the truth it will take effort from our OL coach ...

Where in that quote did I say staff? Sorry I had already posted the autocorrected from my phone of coaches efforts instead of coach's efforts. The OL coach has already put in a lot of effort that you said it would take him doing. He is already doing the work. It's recruiting season. Say good job getting him here and continue the work with a strong close. If there is an issue with someone else, fine, but damn it don't have to be a dig with every OL recruit we have. Or every single recruit he is on.

I seen it dawg
01-15-2016, 01:28 PM

He must read ED

I seen it dawg
01-15-2016, 01:31 PM
I basically said that. Yes we know what's been going on that's not up for debate but instead of constantly harping on it we can acknowledge he's trying to correct it? I promise it won't make you a Hev fan if you do.

Sure. Prove it. When you're behind the game it makes it harder to gain the trust of the fanbase you are doing your best. Show something.

I seen it dawg
01-15-2016, 01:35 PM
When results are questionable it makes the questions of effort come up. And when a kid that we KNOW and tee up can't get the treatment it needs then that's a lack of ****ing effort. Firsthand. Factual knowledge. ****ing do the work.

I seen it dawg
01-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Come on down Willie we need you.