PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Basketball gets Post Season Ban

Really Clark?
01-13-2016, 04:25 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball-news/4691146-missouri-ncaa-violations-vacating-wins-frank-haith

Alldawg
01-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Well shit, after all that time they spent in Oxford they had to punish someone. Might as well been the worst team in the conference. ******

Really Clark?
01-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Also note, this investigation also started after UNM, in 2014.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-13-2016, 04:33 PM
The infractions:

"One donor was found responsible for running a sham internship program in which three Mizzou basketball players and one prospective player received housing, iPads, cash, meals, transportation and access to a local gym in exchange for work that was never performed. That was classified as a Level I NCAA violation — the most serious.

Another donor offered recreational boat rides and a special rate at a local hotel to 11 basketball players and three members of one player's family from 2011 to 2014. This scenario the NCAA considered to be a Level II violation — less serious than a Level I, but still considered "major."

A "failure to adequately monitor" penalty — a Level II violation — was also assessed due to Missouri's failure to investigate the validity of the summer internship program.

Missouri was also found to have committed two Level III violations for interactions with a potential student-athlete, including one former associate head coach who impermissibly provided a donor with the phone number of a prospect's mother to help her acquire a rental property."

I hear LSU has the best off-shore fishing trips in the conference.

Coach34
01-13-2016, 06:30 PM
But I thought the NCAA was toothless now???

Really Clark?
01-13-2016, 06:32 PM

They got some nice shiny brand new dentures that they are just waiting to bite down on some bear steak.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2016, 06:58 PM

Seems like the NCAA has gone to Spring training to get in shape, stretch the old arm, & fine tuning their skills before real test.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6gEqxUoG64c/UlizTugI79I/AAAAAAAAB-w/owMsz-5-flg/s1600/cardinalsbullpen.gif