PDA

View Full Version : Simmons - Recruiting Weekend

state66
01-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Now that the staff is locked down lets get a little crootin talk going. This is our big weekend with just about all the MS recruits are coming to. At this point the biggest question mark is Simmons. Ole Miss feels as though the kid is a lock and are very confident. How do we feel going into the first weekend of officials?

01-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Think there is pretty much no shot at Simmons despite what some want to believe. Should be focusing everything on not losing AJ to Bama.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Think there is pretty much no shot at Simmons despite what some want to believe. Should be focusing everything on not losing AJ to Bama.

This just isn't true at all.

Big4Dawg
01-13-2016, 03:00 PM

Hmm...

Don't shoot me for this, but hearing Kobe Jones is far from a lock as well. I know we have heard nothing but positives for him for a very long time, don't know if anyone else has heard the same but I have heard it from someone who is pretty "in the know"

I think it's safe to say we shouldn't be holding our breaths. Hopefully we can close out with 5/5 of our targets and keep our program moving forward, but forgive me for thinking this is just grasping at straws. If in "6-8" weeks I am proven wrong then that is great, but we have been led down this road before and come up with nothing. We just had a great season, but the majority of our attention is focused on an assistant coach that hasn't been at OM since 2010. If there was any concrete evidence I would believe it, but all we have heard is "it's coming" and it never does. If it does, great, but let's worry about us and stop doing rain dances in hopes that OM gets the hammer.

https://media.giphy.com/media/19M7Rtzo6Hkmk/giphy.gif

01-13-2016, 03:04 PM
OK, I'll try again.

OM is getting the death penalty and we are signing Simmons, Knott, and AJ.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-13-2016, 03:05 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ifyouonlyknew again.

msstate7
01-13-2016, 03:05 PM
OK, I'll try again.

You're just stating things contrary to our best recruiting posters here.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2016, 03:07 PM

You getting pretty obvious

confucius say

Why no shot? Gut feeling or some insight?

Big4Dawg
OK, I'll try again.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/I-dont-believe-you.gif

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Now that the staff is locked down lets get a little crootin talk going. This is our big weekend with just about all the MS recruits are coming to. At this point the biggest question mark is Simmons. Ole Miss feels as though the kid is a lock and are very confident. How do we feel going into the first weekend of officials?

I've heard more than once that Ole Miss people feel good about him, but I haven't seen anyone say that. Is that something that we keep repeating just because we heard from someone else or has anyone here recently actually seen Ole Miss people say they feel good about Simmons?

It appears as though we have gotten Buckley & Townsend heavily involved in Simmons' recruitment & I see that as a good thing.

By doing that, the staff is basically indicating that they believe we have a real chance & are putting everything into getting him.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Why no shot? Gut feeling or some insight?

615 is an Ole Miss fan.

He is just trying to stir shit up

01-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Well time will tell. I haven't heard much optimism on Simmons but I don't claim to be an "expert". I think everyone knows what the deal with AJ is. Kobe is kind of a new development that I didn't hear anything about until today, if I pissed anyone off that wasn't my intention, but if anyone can corroborate it or say I am off base then please do. But in a few weeks all questions will be answered anyways.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Well time will tell. I haven't heard much optimism on Simmons but I don't claim to be an "expert". I think everyone knows what the deal with AJ is. Kobe is kind of a new development that I didn't hear anything about until today, if I pissed anyone off that wasn't my intention, but if anyone can corroborate it or say I am off base then please do. But in a few weeks all questions will be answered anyways.

The problem is that you aren't an expert and you just "heard" something from someone who may or may not have any information.

One this board, it's preferred that you bring actual information

HancockCountyDog
01-13-2016, 03:13 PM
I get that we may not lead for Simmons, but to say we have no shot, is just not true.

Also, Im still not convinced AJ goes to Bama this weekend. I could easily see him staying home and recruiting for MSU.

msudawglb
01-13-2016, 03:13 PM
They'll have Buckley on Knott and Sirmon on Simmons. Gonzo and Mullen on Brown. I like our chances on all 3. I think Sirmon and Buckley will energize the recruiting front starting this weekend.

Coach34
01-13-2016, 03:15 PM
All I know is that Simmons spends a lot of time in Sville. Alot

We'll see if he is Leo Lewis 2016 or not

Dog
01-13-2016, 03:16 PM
615 is the Nashville area code. Big time UNM alumni base.

Harrydawg
01-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Whenever some says "I heard........"

Everything after those two words is trash

Ifyouonlyknew
01-13-2016, 03:17 PM
I get that we may not lead for Simmons, but to say we have no shot, is just not true.

Also, Im still not convinced AJ goes to Bama this weekend. I could easily see him staying home and recruiting for MSU.

If he don't we shouldn't panic. Think Jamal Peters.

01-13-2016, 03:20 PM
615 is the Nashville area code. Big time UNM alumni base.

If my recruiting scoop is the least valuable thing in this thread, your investigative analysis is a close second

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2016, 03:21 PM

Agree.

Unless "I heard" comes from C34, Mic, Beastman, Cadaver, Political, Hancock, Ifyouonlyknew, Elitedawgrecruiting, Thick, & a few others, then I disregard.

I wouldn't even believe anything that I say, "I heard" unless I preface it with where I heard it from

Really Clark?
01-13-2016, 03:22 PM

In other words, "I'm not trolling or trying to spread disinformation around for my real school, UNM. I swear on Yancy's locker room shower picture album. I'm no expert just passing along the information given to me from today's propaganda update...I mean from a close source."

01-13-2016, 03:27 PM
Fortunately we will have answers in a few weeks. We can decide who was trolling after signing day.

state66
01-13-2016, 03:32 PM
For the last couple of weeks the ole miss recruiting "experts" have been posting on their boards that they are very confident they land simmons. I like our shot too but how confident those guys are on simmons is concerning.

Jack Lambert
01-13-2016, 03:32 PM

Why don't you corroborate what you say? Seems to me everyone is disagreeing with you on this board.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-13-2016, 03:36 PM
about like that Leo Lewis confidence?

Really Clark?
01-13-2016, 03:39 PM
For the last couple of weeks the ole miss recruiting "experts" have been posting on their boards that they are very confident they land simmons. I like our shot too but how confident those guys are on simmons is concerning.

When have they ever not been over confident until the coaches tell them they have no shot? Leo was lock and the beav was the mostest elite recruiter ever when he pulled Leo last min with his prison visit...until they found out it didn't work. They will exude confidence no matter what if they are just in the game even if they are 3rd until it's proven they are out. And you will know that when they start the he won't qualify stuff. And if the player is coming here then they will push whatever other school we are battling the player for.

MarketingBully
01-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Why do we let posters who join in January post? 99.9% of them are trolls.

Coach34
01-13-2016, 03:43 PM

They were confident on Leo last year too

Coach34
01-13-2016, 03:43 PM

615 is not a troll

starkvegasdawg
01-13-2016, 03:45 PM

It does seem that the board is flooded with new posters in January and when anything negative about TSUN breaks.

Coach34
01-13-2016, 03:46 PM
615 is not a troll

Well, let me say he's not if its the same 615 from SPS he's not. I havent checked to see

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-13-2016, 03:53 PM
I think Jones leaving helped with Simmons and Wilson leaving helped with Brown.

MarketingBully
01-13-2016, 04:00 PM
615 is not a troll

If you look at EVERYTHING he has posted, you could have fooled me.

defiantdog
01-13-2016, 04:04 PM
I think Jones leaving helped with Simmons and Wilson leaving helped with Brown.

Jones has been one of Simmons' best recruiters. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't his host this weekend. Simmons has been to a lot of practices the last two seasons.

smootness
01-13-2016, 04:21 PM
Jones has been one of Simmons' best recruiters. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't his host this weekend. Simmons has been to a lot of practices the last two seasons.

I would be surprised if he's his host. Even if they have a great relationship, Simmons obviously knows Jones won't be there next year. And he also already knows where he stands. Better to pick a young guy he may be able to build more of a relationship with.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-13-2016, 04:21 PM
WR from Michigan has now cancelled his visit this weekend. Can look at that as we can't get anybody to want us or we have locked up AJ and we cancelled. I have no idea.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-13-2016, 04:23 PM
WR from Michigan has now cancelled his visit this weekend. Can look at that as we can't get anybody to want us or we have locked up AJ and we cancelled. I have no idea.

It was cancelled due to an illness.

Big4Dawg
01-13-2016, 04:23 PM
He is supposedly sick. lets not melt over it.

MSUDawg99
01-13-2016, 04:26 PM
If my recruiting scoop is the least valuable thing in this thread, your investigative analysis is a close second

You're not a troll yet you used the words "football scoop"? Hmmm....

DancingRabbit
01-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Well, let me say he's not if its the same 615 from SPS he's not. I havent checked to see

I'm pretty sure this new "615" poster is not the same guy as "615dawg" on SPS.

615dawg is not a recruitnik.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-13-2016, 04:36 PM
It was cancelled due to an illness.

Will it be rescheduled?

Really Clark?
01-13-2016, 04:58 PM
This post helps how exactly? Someone delete this

ClawjoDawg
01-13-2016, 04:59 PM
We can decide who was trolling after signing day.

No we can't.

Thick
01-13-2016, 05:11 PM

I heard you were smart.****

starkvegasdawg
01-13-2016, 05:20 PM
If you look at EVERYTHING he has posted, you could have fooled me.

When in doubt drop the ban hammer my old pappy used to say.

maroonmania
01-13-2016, 05:42 PM
This post helps how exactly? Someone delete this

Exactly, think before you post. Just because you hear something doesn't mean it should be brought to a public message board.

Spiderman
01-13-2016, 10:08 PM

We haven't locked up AJ

rtdawg
01-13-2016, 10:29 PM
615 is not a troll

Then he's a douche bag.....

NEMSDOG
01-13-2016, 10:29 PM
So what are we going to do if we lose both of the guys we all want really badly? Simmons and Brown... It's not going to be the end of the world in my opinion. I think the new DC will be greatly motivated bc it's his first DC position. We have ALOT of talent already, plus this is a bridge class and next year we'll be back in the top 25 in recruiting.

ILOATHEBears
01-13-2016, 10:56 PM
I've heard more than once that Ole Miss people feel good about him, but I haven't seen anyone say that. Is that something that we keep repeating just because we heard from someone else or has anyone here recently actually seen Ole Miss people say they feel good about Simmons?

It appears as though we have gotten Buckley & Townsend heavily involved in Simmons' recruitment & I see that as a good thing.

By doing that, the staff is basically indicating that they believe we have a real chance & are putting everything into getting him.

What bears feel good about is the package they offered that's it.

32 Dive
01-13-2016, 11:43 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/19M7Rtzo6Hkmk/giphy.gif

I'm loving this...

PendingTransaction
01-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Sirmon will land them both.

01-14-2016, 01:39 PM
You're not a troll yet you used the words "football scoop"? Hmmm....

Spend a couple of minutes and learn what quotation marks are for.

Johnson85
01-14-2016, 02:03 PM
So what are we going to do if we lose both of the guys we all want really badly? Simmons and Brown... It's not going to be the end of the world in my opinion. I think the new DC will be greatly motivated bc it's his first DC position. We have ALOT of talent already, plus this is a bridge class and next year we'll be back in the top 25 in recruiting.

Not the end of the world by any means but you have to have playmakers in the SEC, and it will be hard for MSU to gather the playmakers they need if they don't keep the ones in their back yard. Just not that many of them out there.

GumbeauxDawg
01-15-2016, 12:59 AM
Gotta have Simmons. Courtney Cronin on her weekly update yesterday said she interviewed AJ last week and he told her he had pretty much made up his mind already. That could be good since he's not taking OV here. No need if he already knows. She thinks he's leaning Bama though which would be a huge slap in the face of his home fans. I'm hoping he doesn't get all googly eyed looking at the Natty trophy this weekend. I think TBuck is going to lockup Knott too. What an athlete!

ILOATHEBears
01-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Gotta have Simmons. Courtney Cronin on her weekly update yesterday said she interviewed AJ last week and he told her he had pretty much made up his mind already. That could be good since he's not taking OV here. No need if he already knows. She thinks he's leaning Bama though which would be a huge slap in the face of his home fans. I'm hoping he doesn't get all googly eyed looking at the Natty trophy this weekend. I think TBuck is going to lockup Knott too. What an athlete!

It's amazing what one can hear from bear blowhards at their favorite watering hole. They feel confident in 2 things:

1) Simmons has already committed to OM secretly
2) they believe the only sanctions they get are for women's basketball. They say NCAA can't prove anything with the Wayne co act scandal.

Anyway thought u would enjoy their latest