PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jones recruitment

messageboardsuperhero
08-07-2013, 11:03 PM
I know this has probably been talked about, but I was just reading an article saying that Jones got death threats before NSD.

I'm sure this isn't news to most people, but I'd be completely and totally shocked if most of the threats Jones got from State fans weren't actually from UM fans who were pretending to be State fans. This goes perfectly along with the whole Spirit post about UM boosters paying people to troll as State fans to make us look bad. Those bastards are absolutely sick. http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/some-insanity-from-ole-miss-message-boards/

And the funny part is they claim that the rivalry is one-sided, yet they're the ones who are known to be intentionally trying to make State look bad... Not to mention they rushed the damn field after the Egg Bowl after we've been given grief for years about rushing after the '99 Egg Bowl.

Sorry for than rant. I just needed to get that shit off my chest.

engie
08-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Been discussed ad nauseam...

A BUNCH of the stuff that Tyrone showed CJ Johnson presumably from SPS were from posters with conspicuously low post counts...

ETA: Let's not kid ourselves however -- We've got NO shortage of idiots in our own fanbase that are truly diehard MSU fans too ignorant to realize that their actions actually hurt us...

Downside of improvement is that there's a bandwagon -- and the sidewalkers show up in droves...

FlabLoser
08-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I don't believe Tyrone showed CJ anything except where to get furniture and a truck.

engie
08-07-2013, 11:10 PM
I don't believe Tyrone showed CJ anything except where to get furniture and a truck.

CJ still mentioned the posts... so they were relayed to him at some point. Not doubting that it was during the "assurance" phase after the deal had been struck...

FlabLoser
08-07-2013, 11:11 PM
http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/4/0/40166eede1da0e25aaedbfa727ceebb8_cjjohnsonnewtruck .jpg

messageboardsuperhero
08-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I knew it had been talked about a lot, but reading that article just pissed me off. The media ran with that shit when most of those threats probably weren't even from State fans to begin with. You are right though, we do have some dumbass fans.

FISHDAWG
08-08-2013, 08:07 AM
all the more reason to limit the OM trolls here & elsewhere ... I'm glad we finally deleted the political board here as well even though I participated as much as anyone there