PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo....we sat Malik the last 5 minutes

Coach34
01-12-2016, 09:19 PM
and almost came back to beat Kentucky

This not a "Malik sux" thread. This is a thread that is pointing out chemistry. Our chemistry looked really good at the end. Secondly, it also points out that Malik as a Freshman is still learning and not ready for the NBA. He has his strengths and is good- but he is a 2 year guy

Our guys have played a tough schedule to start-but I was proud of them tonight. It gets easier from here and we can build off this

engie
01-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Tonight looked like a team I can bare to watch. Lot of chances to quit tonight and they never did.

Tbonewannabe
01-12-2016, 09:29 PM
IJ played a good game but he still hogs the damn ball. Malik is still trying to learn the point but he should probably play it more like IJ than Stockton.

HoopsDawg
01-12-2016, 09:36 PM
IJ played a good game but he still hogs the damn ball. Malik is still trying to learn the point but he should probably play it more like IJ than Stockton.

IJ didn't realize we needed 3s at the end.

DownwardDawg
01-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Lol. I noticed that, especially that last shot. I didn't see much but I caught the end.

confucius say
01-12-2016, 10:35 PM
and almost came back to beat Kentucky

This not a "Malik sux" thread. This is a thread that is pointing out chemistry. Our chemistry looked really good at the end. Secondly, it also points out that Malik as a Freshman is still learning and not ready for the NBA. He has his strengths and is good- but he is a 2 year guy

Our guys have played a tough schedule to start-but I was proud of them tonight. It gets easier from here and we can build off this

If flat top Freddy keeps shooting like that, then yea sit Malik. But ftf won't. He is super streaky. Just got to play him when hot.

Tbonewannabe
01-12-2016, 10:38 PM

Howland just has to get through this year with the team he took over from Rick Ray. Not a lot of D1 talent.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 10:51 PM
If flat top Freddy keeps shooting like that, then yea sit Malik. But ftf won't. He is super streaky. Just got to play him when hot.

We will never sit Malik. A good coach just doesn't interrupt a run. That's all that happened tonight.

the59dawg
01-12-2016, 11:24 PM

His play at end of game was rediculous. Staying out front dribbling as precious seconds ticked away to get a couple of crappy shots off. We needed the ball in Q's hand. I believe he has the most reliable shot on the team. More consistent than Malik I am convinced.

C222
01-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Malik was hurt. He was cramping up in the 2nd half. Probably wouldn't have come back in if Chicken didn't foul out.

Having said that, if he felt good enough to be in there we should have given him the ball those last few possessions.

HoopsDawg
01-13-2016, 12:43 AM

Actually we may just start playing Fred more at the 4. we just aren't getting much from the other 2 stretch 4s.

Dawg61
01-13-2016, 12:52 AM
Malik was hurt. He was cramping up in the 2nd half.

wtf is up with Malik and cramps? This is the 4th game now he's removed himself from the lineup with cramps. Starting to look like he's protecting his severely dropping draft stock.