PDA

View Full Version : Appears St. Louis is losing Rams to Inglewood....

RougeDawg
01-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Per reports.

Bothrops
01-12-2016, 08:56 PM
San Diego too. 2 teams to LA.

War Machine Dawg
01-12-2016, 09:06 PM
2 teams in LA is one too many. I have no idea why SD wants to move. They're in a great location and have good fans. Gotta suck to be a football fan in St. Louis, though. Second time they're losing a franchise. I'd be pissed as hell at the owners if I were a fan of either of these two teams. No telling how long it will be before they get franchises again. And even when/if they do, they'll suck for years as bottom feeders trying to put together a competitive roster.

RougeDawg
01-12-2016, 09:14 PM
2 teams in LA is one too many. I have no idea why SD wants to move. They're in a great location and have good fans. Gotta suck to be a football fan in St. Louis, though. Second time they're losing a franchise. I'd be pissed as hell at the owners if I were a fan of either of these two teams. No telling how long it will be before they get franchises again. And even when/if they do, they'll suck for years as bottom feeders trying to put together a competitive roster.

Any chance the NFL has expansion in mind with allowing these moves? They've been wanting to expand into Europe for a while. They could also expand in this hemisphere in Mexico and canada. Not sure how feasible it would be and how they would add/rearrange the divisions. Just extremely odd that the NFL allows city hopping like this while other sports seem to shun it.

Irondawg
01-12-2016, 09:23 PM
I do hate the chargers are moving. I think for them it was a stadium issue?

Churchill
01-12-2016, 09:24 PM
So does drafting Michael Sam make a little more sense now ? I think it`s called "quid pro quo".

coastratdog
01-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Didn't St. Louis come from LA? So basically they are going home.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Didn't St. Louis come from LA? So basically they are going home.

Yes.

And what I would like to see happen is the Jaguars move from Jacksonville to St. Louis.

That way the AFC South would be Indianapolis, Houston, Nashville, and St. Louis.

And actually the Chargers started out in Los Angeles too.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 09:35 PM

St. Louis also got screwed over when the NFL expanded and awarded teams to Charlotte and Jacksonville. Walter Payton headed up the St. Louis expansion football team bid back in the 90's as well.

San Diego is at least driving distance to LA I would think.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Any chance the NFL has expansion in mind with allowing these moves? They've been wanting to expand into Europe for a while. They could also expand in this hemisphere in Mexico and canada. Not sure how feasible it would be and how they would add/rearrange the divisions. Just extremely odd that the NFL allows city hopping like this while other sports seem to shun it.

I'm pretty sure you are right. The thing about the NFL is it is perfectly symmetrical right now and changing would make scheduling kind of complicated.

Bothrops
01-12-2016, 09:40 PM
I do hate the chargers are moving. I think for them it was a stadium issue?

I have no idea why the San Diego didn't build a new stadium, a decade ago.

bobcat91
01-12-2016, 10:24 PM
St. Louis also got screwed over when the NFL expanded and awarded teams to Charlotte and Jacksonville. Walter Payton headed up the St. Louis expansion football team bid back in the 90's as well.

San Diego is at least driving distance to LA I would think.

ST Louis didn't get screwed. Charlotte was a done deal for years. The area had 10 million people within 100 miles and the finisher: the NFL was in financial difficulty in the 19 80s and Bank of America loaned them enough to be solvent until tv contracts started to explode. BOA is headquartered in Charlotte.

Jacksonville was selected due to the exploding Florida market. St Louis has zero going for it.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 10:34 PM
ST Louis is one large earthquake away from not existing. LA isn't much better, but the city won't definitely cease to exist. St. Louis and Memphis won't be here in 200 years.

I say move the Rams, but I can't believe SD is moving.

Blackout
01-12-2016, 10:41 PM
The Rams belong in Los Angeles.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 11:19 PM
ST Louis didn't get screwed. Charlotte was a done deal for years. The area had 10 million people within 100 miles and the finisher: the NFL was in financial difficulty in the 19 80s and Bank of America loaned them enough to be solvent until tv contracts started to explode. BOA is headquartered in Charlotte.

Jacksonville was selected due to the exploding Florida market. St Louis has zero going for it.

The exploding market where they already had two teams?

St. Louis is the 19th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. Jacksonville is 40th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 11:20 PM
ST Louis is one large earthquake away from not existing. LA isn't much better, but the city won't definitely cease to exist. St. Louis and Memphis won't be here in 200 years.

What?

That's the most Denver Airport post I've ever seen from you.

bobcat91
01-12-2016, 11:34 PM
The exploding market where they already had two teams?

St. Louis is the 19th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. Jacksonville is 40th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

I get that it's a great baseball town and you're a fan, but per capital income between the two can't be compared and the only thing St Louis is better at is riots.

Todd4State
01-13-2016, 12:48 AM
I get that it's a great baseball town and you're a fan, but per capital income between the two can't be compared and the only thing St Louis is better at is riots.

Classy. Especially considering you are probably from Mississippi.

If Jacksonville is exploding so much, how come the NBA and MLS aren't expanding there? They have the Jaguars and a freaking AA baseball team- just like Jackson and Biloxi. St. Louis has the Cardinals, they have the NHL team, and they likely are going to get a MLS team in the next five years or so.

And as far as per capita income- you obviously haven't seen Ladue, Mo.

At the end of the day this about the Rams moving back to their home in Los Angeles- which I am fine with to be honest with you. But at the same time St. Louis is a NFL city as well and has supported some mostly horrible football teams. I feel the same way about San Diego as well. The Chargers should stay there IMO.

bobcat91
01-13-2016, 02:09 AM
Classy. Especially considering you are probably from Mississippi.

If Jacksonville is exploding so much, how come the NBA and MLS aren't expanding there? They have the Jaguars and a freaking AA baseball team- just like Jackson and Biloxi. St. Louis has the Cardinals, they have the NHL team, and they likely are going to get a MLS team in the next five years or so.

And as far as per capita income- you obviously haven't seen Ladue, Mo.

At the end of the day this about the Rams moving back to their home in Los Angeles- which I am fine with to be honest with you. But at the same time St. Louis is a NFL city as well and has supported some mostly horrible football teams. I feel the same way about San Diego as well. The Chargers should stay there IMO.

St Louis didn't get screwed in the last expansion, but yes they did get screwed today. The NFL is about greed and gold. There is not enough of it for them and it lead to this garbage that happened today. The NFL will wake up one day soon and find out that no one is buying their product anymore because no one can afford it. Not today, not in a year or two, but soon. When the NFL family of 4 spends $400-800 in tickets, $35 in parking, $100 in concessions, etc, it cost a family of 4 around a grand to watch a game. They are killing the goose that killed the golden egg, but are too greedy to notice. I watch the pro leagues. I go to and love the college games.

War Machine Dawg
01-13-2016, 12:34 PM

There's a better chance football, at least as we know it, won't exist in 25 years. All the concussion shit have gotten the lawyers and liberals involved. It's just a matter of time now. Hell, it's already borderline unwatchable with all the "player safety" rules being added every year for the sake of bolstering offense, which is what it's really all about. Those in charge don't give a shit about "player safety."

War Machine Dawg
01-13-2016, 12:35 PM

Uhhhh....Rodney King ring a bell? LA is the original city of riots.

bobcat91
01-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Uhhhh....Rodney King ring a bell? LA is the original city of riots.

See my quote on the garbage that is happening today. LA was not clamoring for a team. This was the NFL demanding that the second largest market have an NFL team. I'm not so sure that the results from these teams will be any better than the failed teams of the past but the NFL insisted that they have a team/teams.

BrunswickDawg
01-13-2016, 01:56 PM

You must have had the same Geology class I had at State. The prof spent forever talking about the New Madrid fault and that everything near it was going to crumble and then get flooded when the river changed course.

Alldawg
01-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Yes. Stadium is main reason they are moving

War Machine Dawg
01-13-2016, 03:32 PM
See my quote on the garbage that is happening today. LA was not clamoring for a team. This was the NFL demanding that the second largest market have an NFL team. I'm not so sure that the results from these teams will be any better than the failed teams of the past but the NFL insisted that they have a team/teams.

There's no doubt about that. Just pointing out the shot at STL about riots was unnecessary and ridiculous. You actually made some great substantive points otherwise, none of which I disagree with. The NFL absolutely mandated a team be in LA. And they've priced out the fans, which will have repercussions sooner rather than later.

01-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Lawrence Phillips decided to go the way of the STL Rams it looks like

Maroonthirteen
01-13-2016, 08:59 PM
Chris Vernon (Memphis radio and St Louis native) said today that the Rams were at least the third team of interest in St. Louis. Behind baseball and hockey.

He went on about Edward Jones dome being terrible but I have been there and it seemed fine to me. Regardless, the Rams will always be LA, football Cardinals are St Louis.

ALSO! Vernon said St Louis isn't a college football town and he scoffs at the idea that the addition of Missouri gives the SEC a market in St Louis.

Missouri...feel free to set all that straight.

Todd4State
01-13-2016, 09:29 PM
Chris Vernon (Memphis radio and St Louis native) said today that the Rams were at least the third team of interest in St. Louis. Behind baseball and hockey.

He went on about Edward Jones dome being terrible but I have been there and it seemed fine to me. Regardless, the Rams will always be LA, football Cardinals are St Louis.

ALSO! Vernon said St Louis isn't a college football town and he scoffs at the idea that the addition of Missouri gives the SEC a market in St Louis.

Missouri...feel free to set all that straight.

As far as the Rams being the third team there- I feel like that's because the NFL teams there haven't been very good for the most part. Aside from the Greatest Show on Turf crew.

Having gone to the Mizzou game this year I can tell you that it certainly didn't feel like a SEC atmosphere. The thing about Mizzou that he is missing though is it's not just the St. Louis market- it's the Kansas City market as well. Plus despite the fact that they aren't a big football school- they are one of the largest schools in the country. Which means a lot of alumni buying their stuff with SEC on it.