PDA

View Full Version : CL Reporting it! They get it

Coach007
01-12-2016, 01:22 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/01/12/former-ole-miss-coach-david-saunders-receives-sanctions/78684126/

Ole Miss became linked to the NCAA investigation into Saunders and Louisiana-Lafayette when NCAA enforcement staff interviewed Saunders and a football player on Dec. 16, 2013. Legal counsel for Ole Miss was also part of the interview.

the enforcement staff was testing information that suggested Saunders knew of, or had been involved in, NCAA rules violations of an academic nature while employed at Ole Miss,

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I'm actually a little shocked they had the gonads to report news.

GreenheadDawg
01-12-2016, 01:30 PM
They will all be "reassigned" by the end of the day

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Somebody my have to find a new job over that.

mic
01-12-2016, 01:34 PM

I agree...

Count
01-12-2016, 01:51 PM
I dont see a smoking gun..... I smell gunpowder but I dont see smoke.

I guess we have to believe a Notice of Allegation will be coming soon against OM

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 01:55 PM

I guess we have to believe a Notice of Allegation will be coming soon against OM

Your either being obvious or obtuse, both glaring traits of the rebels.

BeardoMSU
01-12-2016, 01:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeN6LZNPVQ

thf24
01-12-2016, 02:01 PM

This might be the most wishful of thinking, but hopefully it means they know what's coming and know there's no use spinning it.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 02:02 PM
That was fairly disturbing Beardo.

yjnkdawg
01-12-2016, 02:06 PM

Do you think the NCAA has been investigating OM for over 3 years, just because their investigators were bored, and wanted something to do?

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2016, 02:06 PM
They will all be "reassigned" by the end of the day

They'll be manning a radar station in the Arctic by the end of the day. Clothes in the mail.

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Do you think the NCAA has been investigating OM for over 3 years, just because their investigators were bored, and wanted something to do?

Enjoying the beautiful campus.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 02:07 PM
This might be the most wishful of thinking, but hopefully it means they know what's coming and know there's no use spinning it.

It's obvious at this point that they're going on probation. I think they're in serious jepeordy of a loss of institutional control, and if Saunders turned on OM during his first two interviews, they could have others on staff (including Freeze) that end up with a show cause. The NCAA can't levy sanctions on ULaLa for something that occurred, in part, at another member institution. OM will get hit, it's just a question of how hard.

What people are forgetting is that it's not only academic fraud at OM. It's an investigation of a sustained path of improper benefits that spans multiple staffs and numerous kids. I have a feeling what USC got will look like a slap on the wrist compared to what's about to happen to them. They played with fire too mulch and it got out of control. The NCAA has no choice but to come down hard on them if they want any semblance of legitimacy in the eye of players, boosters, administrators, fans, or coaches.

Sacrifice
01-12-2016, 02:17 PM
I wonder who the player was at the interview?

yjnkdawg
01-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Enjoying the beautiful campus.

LOL ....Yeah I forgot, that's what attracts the recruits so why not the NCAA.

Mjoelner34
01-12-2016, 02:26 PM

Maybe they heard about Xenareb and pineapples. **

HailState39110
01-12-2016, 02:31 PM
The CL has been reporting it . Kellenburger wrote this piece back in October

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/10/19/ole-miss-ncaa-resolution-david-saunders-women-basketball/74247924/

Theres not a lot I can tell you because we are really embargoed by the NCAA processes,?Bjork told the Clarion-Ledger before speaking at the Jackson Touchdown Club. What I would say is that theres no new developments that were aware of related to that. Were cooperating and as things move along we believe in our staff, we believe in how we do things and we hope that we can come to an end-game very soon and were pushing for that.? - Ross Bjork

Bothrops
01-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Must mean the CL is about to shut it's printing facility down.

Johnson85
01-12-2016, 02:45 PM
It's obvious at this point that they're going on probation. I think they're in serious jepeordy of a loss of institutional control, and if Saunders turned on OM during his first two interviews, they could have others on staff (including Freeze) that end up with a show cause. The NCAA can't levy sanctions on ULaLa for something that occurred, in part, at another member institution. OM will get hit, it's just a question of how hard.

What people are forgetting is that it's not only academic fraud at OM. It's an investigation of a sustained path of improper benefits that spans multiple staffs and numerous kids. I have a feeling what USC got will look like a slap on the wrist compared to what's about to happen to them. They played with fire too mulch and it got out of control. The NCAA has no choice but to come down hard on them if they want any semblance of legitimacy in the eye of players, boosters, administrators, fans, or coaches.

I can buy probation, which is not nothing, but I'm not sure the NCAA has the leverage to establish credibility anymore. The only chance UM has of getting real penalties beyond slap on the wrist, probation for a couple of years (again, not nothing, but probably not going to slow them down) is for the SEC big boys to convince the SEC to signal to the NCAA that they won't care if UM gets something significant. I don't think Slive would have done it regardless of what the big boys wanted (although he probably would have avoided this by informally getting UM to slow its roll before this point). Not sure about now.

Coach34
01-12-2016, 02:52 PM
I can buy probation, which is not nothing, but I'm not sure the NCAA has the leverage to establish credibility anymore. The only chance UM has of getting real penalties beyond slap on the wrist, probation for a couple of years (again, not nothing, but probably not going to slow them down) is for the SEC big boys to convince the SEC to signal to the NCAA that they won't care if UM gets something significant. I don't think Slive would have done it regardless of what the big boys wanted (although he probably would have avoided this by informally getting UM to slow its roll before this point). Not sure about now.

They seem to be legitimate enough in basketball here recently...what makes football different???

Coach007
01-12-2016, 02:59 PM
If all they get is probation, I'm ready to shake a lot of hands!

drunkernhelldawg
01-12-2016, 03:23 PM

I'm a little shocked that you'd be the one to throw out that line. I was under the impression that you were an actual professional hack. Most of those folks understand the business.

Dawgtini
01-12-2016, 03:54 PM

I think they are just trolling us MSU fans. They know it will be a slap on the wrist and they are wanting us to think the sky is falling. #BearMedia at its finest.

TrapGame
01-12-2016, 04:03 PM
I think they are just trolling us MSU fans. They know it will be a slap on the wrist and they are wanting us to think the sky is falling. #BearMedia at its finest.

I think it's the opposite. This is going to be huge and if the CL is caught with their pants down they lose what little credibility they have in this state. They are trying to stay in front of this so when the shit hits the fan they can act like an unbiased source of news.

BulldogBear
01-12-2016, 04:05 PM
I think it's the opposite. This is going to be huge and if the CL is caught with their pants down they lose what little credibility they have in this state. They are trying to stay in front of this so when the shit hits the fan they can act like an unbiased source of news.

This also^^^

Dawgtini
01-12-2016, 04:06 PM

I would love to be wrong. But I just keep thinking that "IT" isn't gonna be anything more than "it"

confucius say
01-12-2016, 04:09 PM
I would love to be wrong. But I just keep thinking that "IT" isn't gonna be anything more than "it"

That's what she said. Amiright!?

DawgPoundLazer
01-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Agreed....the flagship paper of the state doesn't want to get caught with their pants down on this one. TSUN and Bjork are in a big bind on this one. CL wants to make sure they have their basis covered once the sanctions get handed down.

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2016, 05:22 PM
That's what she said. Amiright!?

It's not the size of the it but how you use it.

louisvilledawg
01-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Count

Your either being obvious or obtuse, both glaring traits of the rebels.

I'm telling you, Count is a troll. Everything he says is like this.

Johnson85
01-12-2016, 05:31 PM
They seem to be legitimate enough in basketball here recently...what makes football different???

I guess I need to go back for more coffee. Who have they hammered in basketball recently? I'm drawing a complete blank.

Really Clark?
01-12-2016, 05:33 PM
I guess I need to go back for more coffee. Who have they hammered in basketball recently? I'm drawing a complete blank.

SMU was hammered not long ago.

mic
01-12-2016, 05:48 PM
It has taken USC 5 years to get back from what they got hit with back in 2010..
And during that time They were still getting a few 5 star guys here and there from Cali...
UMiss isn't USC.. They aren't even close..
If it took USC 4-5 years to get back to where they are today, which isn't USCw standards yet, if UMiss gets hit with what they did or even close to that it will a HUGE HUGE blow.....

Reason2succeed
01-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Someone needs to inform all of the top Reb recruits that they're about to board a sinking "flagship".

BeardoMSU
01-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Someone needs to inform all of the top Reb recruits that they're about to board a sinking "flagship".

http://38.media.tumblr.com/39a9d4732faf44bda32b3b1045a23f04/tumblr_inline_mop6tlKIDe1qz4rgp.gif
- Nafoomers

IMissJack
01-12-2016, 07:08 PM
How is it possible that om has been under investigation for three years and still has the number two recruiting class in the country? Most everyone else that goes under investigation sees their classes go way down.

Dawgtini
01-12-2016, 07:25 PM
It'$ anyone$ gue$$ ??

TrapGame
01-12-2016, 07:55 PM
How is it possible that om has been under investigation for three years and still has the number two recruiting class in the country? Most everyone else that goes under investigation sees their classes go way down.

http://www.profitswami.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Breaking-Bad.jpg

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Let me ask this....

Now that the NCAA has given Saunders his punishment for his involvement, I am assuming they won't add to it for anything they come out with at OM. Is that right? I can't imagine them giving him a showcause and then adding to it when declaring OM's sins.

If that is correct, what would stop Saunders from now opening up to the NCAA and spilling the beans on OM? And i ask this because what I have read is that he has not been open, even to the point of lying, to the NCAA about his involvement. If I'm wrong on that or all around, let me know.

sleepy dawg
01-12-2016, 10:16 PM
That was fairly disturbing Beardo.

i like it.

Spiderman
01-12-2016, 10:18 PM
has anyone ever gotten 8 years of show cause? That is very strong

Spiderman
01-12-2016, 10:22 PM

Again, they got EWOP and Oher in school. Nobody needs a multi year investigation to know that academic fraud occurred.... it's common damn sense.

Really Clark?
01-12-2016, 10:31 PM
has anyone ever gotten 8 years of show cause? That is very strong

Yeah but very few or may just one other for 8. For reference the longest was 12 years for Willie Anderson the Clemson and OK State coach/bagman and 10 years by Bliss the Baylor basketball coach that tried to cover up the death of his player. Saunders and was it Bob Wade??? who also got 8. I think these are the 4 longest in history. He was hammered.

Spiderman
01-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Yeah but very few or may just one other for 8. For reference the longest was 12 years for Willie Anderson the Clemson and OK State coach/bagman and 10 years by Bliss the Baylor basketball coach that tried to cover up the death of his player. Saunders and was it Bob Wade??? who also got 8. I think these are the 4 longest in history. He was hammered.

Rosebowl said that if Saunders got 5 years,( he acted like that would be high), Ole Miss should be bad worried. Be interested to see what he says now that Saunders got 8