PDA

View Full Version : So how many juniors does Bama lose, here is the list....

HancockCountyDog
01-12-2016, 11:38 AM
78 Korren Kirven OL/DL JR 6-4/300 2L Lynchburg, Va. (Brookville)
56 Tim Williams LB JR 6-4/230 2L Baton Rouge, La. (University Lab)
21 Maurice Smith DB JR 6-0/199 2L Sugar Land, Texas (Fort Bend Dulles)
51 Jake Long DL JR 5-9/226 SQ Vestavia Hills, Ala. (Vestavia Hills)
48 David D'Amico TE JR 6-0/211 SQ Birmingham, Ala. (Vestavia Hills)
10 Reuben Foster LB JR 6-1/240 2L Auburn, Ala. (Auburn)
2 Derrick Henry RB JR 6-3/242 2L Yulee, Fla. (Yulee)
62 Will Davis OL JR 6-5/315 SQ Letohatchee, Ala. (Fort Dale Academy)
55 Cole Mazza SN JR 6-2/240 2L Bakersfield, Calif. (Liberty)
22 Ryan Anderson LB JR 6-2/249 2L Daphne, Ala. (Daphne)
93 Jonathan Allen DL JR 6-3/283 2L Leesburg, Va. (Stone Bridge)
88 O.J. Howard TE JR 6-6/242 2L Prattville, Ala. (Autauga Academy)
11 Alec Morris QB JR 6-3/233 1L Allen, Texas (Allen)
82 JaMichael Willis WR JR 6-0/180 TR Gardendale, Ala. (Southern Miss.)
50 Alphonse Taylor OL JR 6-5/325 2L Mobile, Ala. (Davidson)
4 Eddie Jackson DB JR 6-0/194 2L Lauderdale Lakes, Fla. (Boyd Anderson)
47 Bo Grant DB JR 6-2/195 SQ Valley, Ala. (Valley)
58 Brandon Greene TE JR 6-5/300 2L Ellenwood, Ga. (Cedar Grove)
41 Blaine Anderson DB JR 5-10/170 SQ Charlotte, N.C. (Myers Park)
86 A'Shawn Robinson DL JR 6-4/312 2L Fort Worth, Texas (Arlington Heights)
99 Adam Griffith PK JR 5-10/192 2L Calhoun, Ga. (Calhoun)
65 Chris Posa OL JR 6-4/281 SQ Commerce, Mich. (St. Mary's Prep)
94 Dakota Ball TE/DL JR 6-3/254 1L Lindale, Ga. (Pepperell)
1 Chris Black WR JR 6-0/192 2L Jacksonville, Fla. (First Coast)
31 Nate Staskelunas DB JR 6-3/210 SQ Greenville, N.C. (Arendell Parrott Academy)
54 Dalvin Tomlinson DL JR 6-3/294 2L McDonaugh, Ga. (Henry County)
80 Raheem Falkins WR JR 6-4/210 2L New Orleans, La. (G.W. Carver)

I've highlighted the guys in red, I hope and pray leave.

I think all 7 would get drafted in the top 3 rounds.

They have another 4 seniors that are guaranteed draft picks as well. Not too bad.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2016, 12:01 PM
I think there is a chance Eddie Jackson could leave early as well & Chris Black has already transferred.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 12:26 PM
At least 5 of the 7 highlighted are probably top 5 type guys at their positions. They'll go.

Either way though, a Saban coached Bama with about 20 Sr's on the roster will be good again. Probably not national championship good, but good enough to compete for the West yet again. LSU will handle them though.

TUSK
01-12-2016, 01:53 PM
NFL Bound: Robinson, Allen, Henry, Howard and (probably) Jackson
Likely Coming Back: Foster, Anderson, Williams

HoopsDawg
01-12-2016, 02:35 PM
NFL Bound: Robinson, Allen, Henry, Howard and (probably) Jackson
Likely Coming Back: Foster, Anderson, Williams

Who is the likely QB, RB, and how many O-linemen are you losing?

01-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Henry, Robinson, and Anderson are gone. Eddie Jackson could go and that would make sense, OJ Howard could go but that wouldn't be a great idea in my opinion. The rest should be back, although Foster could be a dark horse to bolt.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Henry, Robinson, and Anderson are gone. Eddie Jackson could go and that would make sense, OJ Howard could go but that wouldn't be a great idea in my opinion. The rest should be back, although Foster could be a dark horse to bolt.

OJ Howard is going in the top 2 rounds it would be crazy to come back.

TUSK
01-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Who is the likely QB, RB, and how many O-linemen are you losing?

Blake Barnett QB
Scarbrough and Harris RB
2 (Kelly/C and Jackson/RT)

01-12-2016, 02:53 PM
What is this fascination with OJ Howard...yes he had a good game and is a great athlete but yesterday marked his first TD since 2013...it is 2016...the guy is supposed to be a receiving tight end

TUSK
01-12-2016, 02:54 PM
OJ Howard is going in the top 2 rounds it would be crazy to come back.

Fact.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
What is this fascination with OJ Howard...yes he had a good game and is a great athlete but yesterday marked his first TD since 2013...it is 2016...the guy is supposed to be a receiving tight end

He's a great athlete with great skill & is going to absolutely crush the combine. His lack of #'s are due more to Lane Kiffin not getting him involved more so than anything he didn't do.

01-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Great athlete no doubt. Great skill? Maybe we haven't watched the same guy. He had a good game yesterday but had the dropsies for the better part of three years. Say what you want about Kiffin but he isn't stupid, if Howard was really that special he would have been utilized. Bama has had a top 20 scoring offense each of Howard's 3 seasons there, he has scored a total of 4 TD's as a full time starter, 2 of them being last night. None since his freshman year before that.

He has NFL skill no doubt, but I wouldn't spend a high pick on him no way no how. More than the stats, he just looks unnatural as a receiver. He got outmuscled by Senquez Golson against OM for a game ending interception last year while Golson was giving up about 9 inches and 70 pounds. Every time I watched them he was dropping passes.

HancockCountyDog
01-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Great athlete no doubt. Great skill? Maybe we haven't watched the same guy. He had a good game yesterday but had the dropsies for the better part of three years. Say what you want about Kiffin but he isn't stupid, if Howard was really that special he would have been utilized. Bama has had a top 20 scoring offense each of Howard's 3 seasons there, he has scored a total of 4 TD's as a full time starter, 2 of them being last night. None since his freshman year before that.

He has NFL skill no doubt, but I wouldn't spend a high pick on him no way no how. More than the stats, he just looks unnatural as a receiver. He got outmuscled by Senquez Golson against OM for a game ending interception last year while Golson was giving up about 9 inches and 70 pounds. Every time I watched them he was dropping passes.

OJ Howard has an NFL skill set. Jimmy Graham was barely used at Miami. OJ Howard was going to go pro before he showed everyone his freak athleticism.

Now, its a no brainer. He is the type of guy New England grabs at the end of the first round and turns into a pro bowler.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2016, 03:12 PM

All that may be true but he will go in the 1st 2rds of the draft this year.

01-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Jimmy Graham played one season of football at Miami and in that season caught more TD's than OJ Howard has in his entire career.

Jimmy Graham ran a 4.56 40 at 6-7 260 with a 38.5 vert at the combine.

Jimmy Graham was a third round pick.

If OJ Howard is drafted in the first two rounds of the draft, someone is going to get fired. The numbers don't always tell the story, but watch Howard's tape and tell me with a straight face he is a good tight end.

HancockCountyDog
01-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Jimmy Graham played one season of football at Miami and in that season caught more TD's than OJ Howard has in his entire career.

If OJ Howard is drafted in the first two rounds of the draft, someone is going to get fired. The numbers don't always tell the story, but watch Howard's tape and tell me with a straight face he is a good tight end.

He had 17 catches for 213 yards.

Basically 8 more yards than OJ had last night.

01-12-2016, 03:31 PM
We will see how it works. OJ Howard is big, he has speed, and looks the part. Size and speed doesn't always equal athleticism though; he just doesn't seem to have the body control, hand eye coordination, or hands to be special. I highly doubt he will ever be an impact pass catching tight end. Time will tell, but that guy had every chance to be a factor at Bama and didn't do diddly besides last night. Every time I watched him I came away unimpressed. Wouldn't want my team to spend a premium pick on him, he screams bust to me.

TUSK
01-12-2016, 03:55 PM

somebody's prolly gonna get fired.

01-12-2016, 03:59 PM
I was implying that it would be a few years down the road after he doesn't do $hit. Someone could/probably will become enamored with him after the combine and convince themselves they can make him into something special, sorry I just don't see it working out that way. God knows I've been wrong about things before, though.

I know we think starZZ don't matter, but right now all this guy has is five starZ and one game of production. Yes he is an impressive athlete, but guess what, there are a lot of em in the NFL. If his athleticism couldn't help him stand out in college, forgive me for thinking it won't make him stand out in the NFL.

Madisonmd
01-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Reminded me of Kellen Winslow

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-12-2016, 06:09 PM
I saw on another website that Alabama is likely only returning 6 starters due to the draft and graduation. 5 on offense and only 1 on the defense. Sure, they'll probably replace them with 5 stars that have been warming the benches the last 2 years, but I wonder when the last time was Alabama lost this much from one year to the next?

Sadly, they'll probably have growing pains starting out and Northern Miss will luck up and roll them at home on week 3 since they are always lucky enough to get Bama before they really start rolling. The good thing about that is that the Gumps will jump on the anti-TSUN bandwagon after 3 in a row and help us uncover the dead bodies so they can get exposed for the fraud that the are.

TUSK
01-12-2016, 06:22 PM
I saw on another website that Alabama is likely only returning 6 starters due to the draft and graduation. 5 on offense and only 1 on the defense. Sure, they'll probably replace them with 5 stars that have been warming the benches the last 2 years, but I wonder when the last time was Alabama lost this much from one year to the next?

Sadly, they'll probably have growing pains starting out and Northern Miss will luck up and roll them at home on week 3 since they are always lucky enough to get Bama before they really start rolling. The good thing about that is that the Gumps will jump on the anti-TSUN bandwagon after 3 in a row and help us uncover the dead bodies so they can get exposed for the fraud that the are.

depending on what is considered a "starter", 6 on offense....

defense is more muddled... anywhere between 3 to 8 will return that have either started or played a bunch of meaningful minutes...

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-12-2016, 06:45 PM
depending on what is considered a "starter", 6 on offense....

defense is more muddled... anywhere between 3 to 8 will return that have either started or played a bunch of meaningful minutes...

True, but if you look at your starting 22 for the championship game, it looks like it really will be only two on defense and five on offense for a total of 7. Yeah, you'll get some other experience but lose your top 2 RB and return 7 of 22 starters assuming Henry, Howard, Jackson, Foster, Allen and Robinson all declare for the draft which is highly likely given their first and second round slots.

Alabama
Pos ## Defense
DL 86 A. Robinson (High Draft)
DL 93 Jonathan Allen (High Draft)
DL 90 Jarran Reed (SR)
JACK 30 Denzel Devall (SR)
CB 29 M. Fitzpatrick (Returning)
MIKE 19 Reggie Ragland (SR)
WILL 10 Reuben Foster (High Draft?)
CB 5 Cyrus Jones (SR)
CB 26 M. Humphrey (Returning)
SS 4 Eddie Jackson (High Draft?)
FS 24 G. Matias-Smith (SR)

Alabama
Pos ## Offense
LT 74 Cam Robinson (Returning)
LG 71 Pierschbacher (Returning)
C 70 Ryan Kelly (SR)
RG 50 A. Taylor (Returning)
RT 76 D. Jackson (SR)
TE 88 O.J. Howard (High Draft?)
QB 14 Jake Coker (SR)
RB 2 Derrick Henry (High Draft?)
WR 13 A. Stewart (Returning)
WR 3A Calvin Ridley (Returning)
WR 16 R. Mullaney (SR)

TUSK
01-12-2016, 06:53 PM
True, but if you look at your starting 22 for the championship game, it looks like it really will be only two on defense and five on offense for a total of 7. Yeah, you'll get some other experience but lose your top 2 RB and return 7 of 22 starters assuming Henry, Howard, Jackson, Foster, Allen and Robinson all declare for the draft which is highly likely given their first and second round slots.

Alabama
Pos ## Defense
DL 86 A. Robinson (High Draft)
DL 93 Jonathan Allen (High Draft)
DL 90 Jarran Reed (SR)
JACK 30 Denzel Devall (SR)
CB 29 M. Fitzpatrick (Returning)
MIKE 19 Reggie Ragland (SR)
WILL 10 Reuben Foster (High Draft?)
CB 5 Cyrus Jones (SR)
CB 26 M. Humphrey (Returning)
SS 4 Eddie Jackson (High Draft?)
FS 24 G. Matias-Smith (SR)

Alabama
Pos ## Offense
LT 74 Cam Robinson (Returning)
LG 71 Pierschbacher (Returning)
C 70 Ryan Kelly (SR)
RG 50 A. Taylor (Returning)
RT 76 D. Jackson (SR)
TE 88 O.J. Howard (High Draft?)
QB 14 Jake Coker (SR)
RB 2 Derrick Henry (High Draft?)
WR 13 A. Stewart (Returning)
WR 3A Calvin Ridley (Returning)
WR 16 R. Mullaney (SR)

that's an accurate assessment for the 1As....

TUSK
01-13-2016, 05:09 PM
good call MDNuts...

ILB Foster declared... our #3 Jack LB, too (Williams)...

those hurt...

01-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Foster could be a high pick, he's a talented dude, but I think his stock would have benefitted from another year. He would have been THE guy next year, he played a pretty big role this year but he would have been like Ragland next year. Will probably be a 3-5 rounder, could have played his way into the first if he came back IMO.

TUSK
01-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Foster could be a high pick, he's a talented dude, but I think his stock would have benefitted from another year. He would have been THE guy next year, he played a pretty big role this year but he would have been like Ragland next year. Will probably be a 3-5 rounder, could have played his way into the first if he came back IMO.

yep, I thought both would have improved their draft stock by returning, but I'm happy for em both...

I just hate we only really got 1 season out of Foster and a bit less than that outta Williams... Williams is an elite edge guy though...

01-13-2016, 05:37 PM
I'd like to hear your thoughts on OJ Howard, he is a great physical talent but I don't think he is anything special. Looks very unnatural as a receiver, had a big game statistically the other night but I'd like to hear what you think about him.

TUSK
01-13-2016, 05:43 PM
I'd like to hear your thoughts on OJ Howard, he is a great physical talent but I don't think he is anything special. Looks very unnatural as a receiver, had a big game statistically the other night but I'd like to hear what you think about him.

I think he has "Jimmy Graham" type skills/size/speed, was under used in his career, was a bit of a sloppy route runner, not a great blocker.

He's definitely "special", though...

01-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Definitely looks the part and has the tools to be a stud, I just don't know if he will put it together. I don't know as much about him as you do, just my take we will see. Talent is definitely there.

defiantdog
01-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Reuben Foster should have stayed another year. He's a damn good athlete, but he just learned to tackle last year. Another solid season would have solidified him as the number 1 ILB, but I guess he is going out on top. He'll still be a 2-3 rounder.