PDA

View Full Version : Buy / Sell: Without the Alex Collins 4th and 25 miracle, Alabama doesn't make playoff

HSVDawg
01-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Given the fact that the playoff committee has been 8 for 8 in choosing conference champions as the playoff representatives and Bama wouldn't have even made it to Atlanta, I'm honestly not sure. Discussion welcome.

bgover4
01-12-2016, 10:38 AM
I buy, I think the SEC gets left out if Bama doesn't wi nthe SEC title. I don't believe they would have taken UNM with a loss to memphis.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Sell: if it were to keep hobby lobby out of ATL, we would've won the egg bowl. For no other reason than that's just what we do to each other.

Oh, and karma's a bitch, ain't it!?!?! Lmao.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 10:40 AM
I buy, I think the SEC gets left out if Bama doesn't wi nthe SEC title. I don't believe they would have taken UNM with a loss to memphis.

I don't think there's any question about that. SEC would've been out for sure with a 2 loss champ. Freaking Houston would've have a legit argument to be in had that happened.

Quaoarsking
01-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Soft sell. The Committee hasn't ever had to consider a non-champion, so you can't draw any conclusion on prior choices. I think they take 11-1 Alabama over 11-2 Stanford, the only other real possibility.

Spiderman
01-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Given the fact that the playoff committee has been 8 for 8 in choosing conference champions as the playoff representatives and Bama wouldn't have even made it to Atlanta, I'm honestly not sure. Discussion welcome.

Buy

Johnson85
01-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Buy. Ole Miss doesn't make the playoff with a loss to Memphis and a blowout loss to UF (and that's assuming they get past UF the second time, which I think is still questionable even though UF got worse). I'm just not sure they would put a one loss team in over a conference champion. Be hard to justify even though Bama was the better team over the course of the season.

alexaton
01-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Buy, although I potentially disagree with others here. UNM would have made the playoffs had they turned around and blew Florida out, which was pretty likely the way the two teams were playing at the end of the season. Had they barely got by or even lost to Florida again, the SEC would have been shut out of the playoffs.

I know people think we would have beat them in the EB had it been for the championship game, but I don't see it. The guys put on that show knowing that it was Dak's last game in the stadium. I don't think they come into that game any more prepared than they were, and UNM would have been fired the hell up for their first bid at the championship.

Doctor Smug
01-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Soft sell. The Committee hasn't ever had to consider a non-champion, so you can't draw any conclusion on prior choices. I think they take 11-1 Alabama over 11-2 Stanford, the only other real possibility.

But would a 1 loss BAMA team be that much more enticing than a 1 loss Ohio St. who would be going for a repeat?