PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Will Attempt to Announce ULL Sanctions Against Today

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Barrett Sallee ‏@BarrettSallee 5m5 minutes ago
NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions will hold a 1 p.m. ET call regarding the University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Westdawg
01-12-2016, 09:55 AM
ding ding - Round Two

i wonder if the OM law club forced the NCAA to change the wording of their final findings. I hope the NCAA nutted up and said " Nah, we good"

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 09:59 AM
The fact that it's a day later probably means they didn't change much with their announcement. No telling what the delay was from, but I'm 999% sure it had to do with a butt hurt lawyer somehow.

CadaverDawg
01-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Let's hope they hammer Saunders/ULL, bc Ole Miss will probably get more than them.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Let's hope they hammer Saunders/ULL, bc Ole Miss will probably get more than them.

The NCAA is pretty mad about what Ole Miss did, but since the President of the College Football Foundation isn't a ULaLa alumni the Rajin' Cajun's will probably get hammered pretty bad for OM's transgressions.

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2016, 10:12 AM

He gets a 5 year show cause I'll be cautiously optimistic.

engie
01-12-2016, 10:16 AM
The NCAA is pretty mad about what Ole Miss did, but since the President of the College Football Foundation isn't a ULaLa alumni the Rajin' Cajun's will probably get hammered pretty bad for OM's transgressions.

ULL plays hardball too though. Let's not forget how they rolled Matt Stevens head for one tantrum -- when we couldn't do it for years.

Count
01-12-2016, 10:59 AM
NCAA is not going to touch OM , nor really any other school in any meaningful way. NCAA is in league with itself. OM is the NCAA and vice versa, same as us.
The money generated by college sports is a GOLDEN GOOSE. They will play around the edges of enforcement - and the schools will for the most part will comply. There is a vast unwritten rule book that all the schools play by and the NCAA enforcement allows a baseline. Bogus jobs for players, jobs for families, loans approved, and probably many more that I cant think of. And, for the most part, its all relatively legit.

engie
01-12-2016, 11:14 AM
NCAA is going to touch ole miss. They already have.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 11:20 AM
NCAA is not going to touch OM , nor really any other school in any meaningful way. NCAA is in league with itself. OM is the NCAA and vice versa, same as us.
The money generated by college sports is a GOLDEN GOOSE. They will play around the edges of enforcement - and the schools will for the most part will comply. There is a vast unwritten rule book that all the schools play by and the NCAA enforcement allows a baseline. Bogus jobs for players, jobs for families, loans approved, and probably many more that I cant think of. And, for the most part, its all relatively legit.

If it were just impermissible benefits 'yes,' but they're committing academic fraud. Not only are they stealing a seat in a college classroom from a student that earned the right to be there, they're making a "student athlete" just an athlete and removing the very fabric that the NCAA is built upon.

This instance with ULaLa and OM will define college sports. Is the NCAA willing to admit it's a business by letting them skate or are they going to protect the identity of "student-athlete" and "amateur" status?

Sure, giving a poor kid from the delta that's never had a pot to piss in some cash and his family a job is horrible, I know. Atrocious. However, academic fraud is hitting a new level of unscrupulous action. It's literally taking away a spot at a school for a student that may have been turned down. It's also an admission that athletes don't really have to do their school work to be and remain eligible. I'm not sure the NCAA is ready to admit that. If they do, there's no need for them. If for no other reason than self preservation of that self serving "governance body" in Indy, I think they have to levy some relatively harsh sanctions.

BrunswickDawg
01-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Ole Miss is the perfect scenario for the NCAA - an also-ran P5 program that got too big for their britches and cheated their way to "relevancy" and they can drop the hammer on them without any negative impact on the SEC $. So OM goes back to being OM and no one is worse for wear except a bunch of butthurt OM fans. OM won't learn their lesson, and in 10 years we will be right back having this same discussion about them.

msstate7
01-12-2016, 11:21 AM

You're right... Om is much more important to the ncaa's funding than Ohio state and usc**

Thick
01-12-2016, 11:21 AM

Say that to JWS and Kevin Fant face-to-face. I'm pretty sure that you will receive a very colorful rebuttal.

thf24
01-12-2016, 11:23 AM

Yep. They didn't suspend Tunsil for nothing. And contrary to what OM fans want to believe, that wasn't OM's punishment, it was Tunsil's. The school's is coming.

msstate7
01-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Yep. They didn't suspend Tunsil for nothing. And contrary to what OM fans want to believe, that wasn't OM's punishment, it was Tunsil's. The school's is coming.

Yep. NCAA still hasn't released infraction report with tunsil's name on it, so the investigation isn't over

Coach007
01-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Yep. NCAA still hasn't released infraction report with tunsil's name on it, so the investigation isn't over

The investigation is over, unless something new pops up. They will release the findings of ULL and prep Ole Miss' NOA

missouridawg
01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
I wonder if OM tried to force this delay because Hugh was going to be on national TV yesterday a ton for the championship game. He would've taken a ton of questions on the topic while out there, if they were announced last week.

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2016, 11:49 AM

https://i1.wp.com/media.giphy.com/media/OpMjwZey6B9wA/giphy.gif

Count
01-12-2016, 11:52 AM

If I am not mistaken, Tunsil was given a 5-6 game suspension because of the loaner car or something like that. The school wasnt involved. I dont see how the NCAA can hold the institution responsible for something it didnt know about.
As for the academic fraud, I never fully understood the connection between OM and ULL - maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 11:53 AM
I wonder if OM tried to force this delay because Hugh was going to be on national TV yesterday a ton for the championship game. He would've taken a ton of questions on the topic while out there, if they were announced last week.

The more plausible explanation is that the NCAA is a media whore and knew it wouldn't get any press if it released it on the day of the Natty.

Statecoachingblows**
01-12-2016, 12:03 PM

Sandusky touching or Hallmark touching?***

Dawgology
01-12-2016, 12:05 PM
If I am not mistaken, Tunsil was given a 5-6 game suspension because of the loaner car or something like that. The school wasnt involved. I dont see how the NCAA can hold the institution responsible for something it didnt know about.
As for the academic fraud, I never fully understood the connection between OM and ULL - maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

The loaner or multiple loaners were given to him by a booster. Per NCAA a booster is consider s a part or extension of the school or program, correct?

Coach007
01-12-2016, 12:24 PM
If you don't understand the relation to ULL, you simple just want to ignore what's know and has been made public. BUT for you....

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?39396-PER-ULL-and-the-NCAA

Count
01-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks coach, interesting read.

I found this also:
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/10/13/former-coach-saunders-may-have-committed-violations/73892168/

Reason2succeed
01-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Count is a troll.

engie
01-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Count is a troll.

Yup

sbcmortgageman
01-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Count needs to be banned.