PDA

View Full Version : Just to start some Shiite, if we lose Dan i'd

cheewgumm
01-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Hire Kiffin.

Yep I would.

Alldawg
01-12-2016, 01:16 AM
You forget to say, " stolen from 6 pack". Guess you read that thread over there.....

But I agree, one of the best offensive minds in college football, great recruiter, and developed QBs.

cheewgumm
01-12-2016, 01:17 AM
I didn't. But they can have the credit, I don't care.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 01:22 AM
I think Lane is a good coach despite all the crap he has gotten-but I just can't see him in Starkville as our head coach.

smootness
01-12-2016, 01:28 AM
Lane Kiffin?

Yeah, he should get credit now that they suddenly started winning once he showed up**

cheewgumm
01-12-2016, 01:31 AM
He'd be good.

Recruit like crazy.
Good offensive guy.

Like Mullen except could get recruits.

RIdog
01-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Hire Kiffin.

Yep I would.

No Bucky ? ***

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 01:40 AM
Lane Kiffin?

Yeah, he should get credit now that they suddenly started winning once he showed up**

He was good as an OC at USC and he won as a HC at USC and I know some may disagree, but I believe if he had stayed at UT longer than he did they would have been a 10 win team annually again with the way he was starting to recruit there.

Now- I do understand why people don't like him as a person. A lot of the things that have happened to him he brought on himself. But that doesn't mean he isn't a good coach.

He was put in a high position that he shouldn't have been too soon in his career largely because of who his Dad was and I think he flamed out to a degree- but he might eventually redeem himself. He probably should have just waited until Pete Carroll resigned from USC and took them over while learning as much as he could from Carroll or taken a non power five job out west somewhere first instead of the Oakland Raiders.

Personally, I think he is probably waiting on Saban to leave.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 01:48 AM
He'd be good.

Recruit like crazy.
Good offensive guy.

Like Mullen except could get recruits.

He's good with QB's. He's a good offensive mind as you said. He would probably bring in Orgeron which would make PreacherMatt happy as a clam and scare the hell out of Stricklin, Bracky, and Keenum- and Ole Miss. He would probably bring in some young Alabama guy to coach the defense like Tosh Lopoi.

On paper it would work. But culturally- it's not a fit unfortunately. He would say and do things that would make the administration and some of our Bible thumpers uncomfortable. And Starkville just doesn't seem like his scene although I can't tell any difference between Starkville and Tuscaloosa to be honest. Maybe we could work out a deal where Kiffen has some house in Los Angeles in the offseason or something.

I think he would probably do less infuriating things on gameday and make better personnel decisions than Dan though- and that would make me happy.

Martianlander
01-12-2016, 08:52 AM
No-he can't beat unm.

DownwardDawg
01-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Kiffin is a hell of a coach. He would be a horrible fit at State, but he'll make somebody a very good head coach pretty soon, especially now that he's spent some time under Saban.

Statecoachingblows**
01-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Apparently doesn't have good luck off the field in AZ

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/12/10753694/lane-kiffin-bus-alabama-championship-oh-no

Bubb Rubb
01-12-2016, 09:15 AM
You guys have lost your mind. Tennessee is just now getting out of the mess he left there. Same for USC. He leaves a wake. He's where he needs to be...coaching offense and that's it. When he starts running things he gets you in trouble.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 09:42 AM
He should be an OC in the NFL. I think he'd be a better NFL HC than college too. He needs to mature though. A few more years with Saban, then to the NFL as OC, then a shot at HC. His days as a college HC are likely limited. I can't see a big time program hiring him ever again after what he did to UT and USC.