2015- 6 points

Mullen has put 60 points on Bammer in 7 games- 8.6 per game

Thats pretty eye opening.

Blackout
01-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Saban feasts on predictability and unimaginativeness

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2016, 12:05 AM
It's mind boggling how terrible Mullen is at creating offense against Bama.

Against everyone else, even LSU, we've been able to score points, but against Bama we can't even get double digits.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 12:13 AM
One thing I noticed during the game was Kirk emphasizing attacking the outside of Bama's defense. It seems to me like we try to attack the middle more often than not.

Like this year when we had fourth and goal- I was about 95% sure we were going to run Dak to the outside on an option play but instead we ran it up the middle right into the strength of their defense.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2016, 12:16 AM
One thing I noticed during the game was Kirk emphasizing attacking the outside of Bama's defense. It seems to me like we try to attack the middle more often than not.

Like this year when we had fourth and goal- I was about 95% sure we were going to run Dak to the outside on an option play but instead we ran it up the middle right into the strength of their defense.

Gotta have the speed to get outside.

defiantdog
01-12-2016, 12:16 AM
Mullen doesn't react to game situations well. Clemson couldn't run the ball tonight, so they go pass happy. What do we do against Bama? Run Holloway up the middle.... Nuff said

Johnson85
01-12-2016, 12:17 AM
2013:

A&M- 42 points
Ole Missus- 0 points
Auburn- 34 points
Oklahoma- 45 points

2014:

West Virginia- 23 points
Ole Missus- 23 points
A&M- 0 points
Auburn- 44 points
Missouri- 13 points
Ohio State- 45 points

2015:

Ole Missus- 43 points
A&M- 23 points
Auburn- 13 points
Clemson- 33 points

Mullen vs Bama:

2009- 3 points
2010- 10 points
2011- 7 points
2012- 7 points
2013- 7 points
2014- 20 points
2015- 6 points

Mullen has put 60 points on Bammer in 7 games- 8.6 per game

Thats pretty eye opening.

Most of those teams have had speed to get to the edge. Not that Mullen has done a good job, but we just haven't had the speed mst of those teams have.

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Y'all are barking up the wrong tree here boys. The Saben Dynesty is better than the Bear's. This is a run of historic proportions by Bama. Do you realize just how ridiculous you sound?

Coach34
01-12-2016, 12:24 AM
Y'all are barking up the wrong tree here boys. The Saben Dynesty is better than the Bear's. This is a run of historic proportions by Bama. Do you realize just how ridiculous you sound?

No- but we see how ridiculous your post is. This was a simple comparison of our offense vs Bama as compared to other Spread teams.

War Machine Dawg
01-12-2016, 12:29 AM

http://i.imgur.com/yNtKCsC.gif

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2016, 12:34 AM
During the seven years Dan Mullen has been at Mississippi State Alabama has won four national titles.

Leroy Jenkins
01-12-2016, 12:37 AM
During the seven years Dan Mullen has been at Mississippi State Alabama has won four national titles.

I dont think you get the point... The other teams listed played the same bama team we did. Thats what a comparison is.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2016, 12:38 AM

No one is debating why we can't beat Bama. We are only asking why we can't score double digits on them when other spread teams can.

The dynasty doesn't just extend to MSU. It also extends to the A&M & Ole Miss, but, for some reason, they can score on Bama.

Understand the debate

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2016, 12:42 AM
I dont think you get the point... The other teams listed played the same bama team we did. Thats what a comparison is.

I get the point. I just think it's meaningless. They still won 4 national titles during the Mullen era no matter how many points other teams scored on them. They still won most of those games unless they gave them away.

mic
01-12-2016, 12:44 AM
Dude hit the eject button....

Coach34
01-12-2016, 12:46 AM
I get the point. I just think it's meaningless. They still won 4 national titles during the Mullen era no matter how many points other teams scored on them. They still won most of those games unless they gave them away.

your post has nothing to do with the point of the thread

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2016, 12:50 AM
No one is debating why we can't beat Bama. We are only asking why we can't score double digits on them when other spread teams can.

The dynasty doesn't just extend to MSU. It also extends to the A&M & Ole Miss, but, for some reason, they can score on Bama.

Understand the debate

I understand the "debate". We haven't scored as much as other spread teams against Bama. Got it. It's actually pretty simple. That doesn't change the fact that they still won most of those games. There are only 2 other teams in history that have matched what they just did. The bright side is that all good things must come to an end. The other two did and theirs will to.

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2016, 12:51 AM
your post has nothing to do with the point of the thread

Ok boss, whatever you say.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Gotta have the speed to get outside.

You still have to try. Holloway has really good speed. Josh and Dak could both make plays on the outside as well.

At any rate, I would rather fail doing whatever gives us the best chance to win rather than doing something that has no chance of working.

I think there are ways we can scheme around it to a degree.

cheewgumm
01-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Mullen becomes very predictable against Bama. He gets a little scared in the big games.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 01:00 AM

And during this "historic run" MSU and Arkansas are the only teams in the West that haven't won a game against them. Unless you count Croom in 2007 against a Bama team that couldn't beat ULM.

Alldawg
01-12-2016, 01:00 AM
Shit!!! I knew it was bad, but 60 points scored in 7 years is awful. Dynasty or not, that is embarrassing.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 01:01 AM
Mullen becomes very predictable against Bama. He gets a little scared in the big games.

I watched the Relentless video after the Bama game and Dan acted scared before the game. It was disturbing.

TUSK
01-12-2016, 03:10 AM
this is an illogical comparison...

just stop.

Dawgtini
01-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Against Bama it is our players who get sceered more than the corch.

Dawgface
01-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Saban feasts on predictability and unimaginativeness

Saban probably gets in 18 holes of golf every afternoon of game week against us. Nothing much to prepare for.

SallyStansbury
01-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Mullen: "For my version of the spread to work, we have to establish the run or at least the threat of the run at least five times early in the game!"

Saban: "If we can stop a team for a gain of 2 yards or less on 1st down five or more times in the first half we are undefeated."

Guess who is right?

Mullen ain't changing, we have to improve our offensive line to improve a chance of success with our running game. Mullen's stubborn play calling is grinding up against Mullen's stubbornness to protect Hev, which is grinding furiously against his desire to win. Causing some strain.......

Johnson85
01-12-2016, 10:11 AM
You still have to try. Holloway has really good speed. Josh and Dak could both make plays on the outside as well.

At any rate, I would rather fail doing whatever gives us the best chance to win rather than doing something that has no chance of working.

I think there are ways we can scheme around it to a degree.

We could do better, but I just don't see the speed to get outside the way other teams have. Holloway has speed, but he also isn't much of a threat up the middle. Josh and Dak only have the speed to get outside because of their threat to run up the middle, which outside of last year has been more or less non-existent, and even then Josh killed us trying to get outside. Perkins wasn't quite a burner enough. Even our slots that could help haven't had elite speed. Neither Jameon Lewis nor Myles gave/give us the threat we need. Probably the last guy we had was Ballard?

I definitely have a hard time believing that a better approach couldn't have gotten us outside, but at the same time I do think we've been lacking elite playmakers on offense. People that compete with Bama pretty much always have a couple of elite guys that go out and win enough individual battles to score some points. We just haven't had anybody do that. Dak could have done it last year but he tightened up in teh first half before playing better later on. Robinson could have done it but was too intent on trying to bust a big one rather than taking the 4 yds in front of him. Bear could do it but he's a playmaker that Bama has matched up pretty well with, plus again, Dak had issues last year. The only player I see being able to do it going forward is Malik Dear, so I'm not expecting anything different for the next couple of years.