PDA

View Full Version : What def.adjustments by Clemson!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-11-2016, 11:27 PM
Veneables is bad ass!!

Rayburn8
01-11-2016, 11:29 PM
We made Def. adjustments last season. Our D was stellar in the second half of games. It just sucked ass the entire first quarter.

SallyStansbury
01-12-2016, 06:51 AM
Reading this post about our first quarter D vs the rest of the game makes me wonder about a theory I had this year RE our D.

What if Dan and his D "philosophy" just sucks. But he demands personnel decisions like Jackson and Coman playing, demands Jones only bull rush straight ahead to "contain", demands DBs must play 10 yards off the line even if it is Redmond NFL talent? And what if he is very controlling and predictable about it so that opposing teams take advantage of this year round? Then he bitches at Diaz when it doesn't work? And we wonder why D coordinators leave?

Could this be happening? Is it fun for a defensive player to play in a system like this where you get far more attention for "being out of position" or making a mistake or whatever, than you do for knocking this shit out of someone and separating them from the ball? Just asking? Now IYOKNEW can tell me again Mullen hasn't got his fingers all over our defense!

thf24
01-12-2016, 08:38 AM
We made Def. adjustments last season. Our D was stellar in the second half of games. It just sucked ass the entire first quarter.

That's how Diaz was his first time around too though. Maybe this time around we can get a DC who has a solid game plan to begin the game AND makes good adjustments.

SallyStansbury
01-12-2016, 09:03 AM
What if the predictable "game plan" that consistently got us in a hole early is Mullen's philosophy? While the "adjustments" were Diaz trying to get us out of said hole? Just askin?