PDA

View Full Version : Mackensie Alexander

Dallas_Dawg
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Sure wish Rosebowl was right about him.
He was supposed to be a Dawg

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Would we have won the natty with him last year?

He would have solved some of our secondary issues

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-11-2016, 09:09 PM
He was supposed to be a Dawg.

Homedawg
01-11-2016, 09:10 PM
He was supposed to be a Dawg

If I had a dollar....nevermind...

HailState39110
01-11-2016, 09:12 PM

If I remember correctly with Alexander it was down to us , Auburn, and Clemson on signing day . A lot of people thought we had a good chance with him . I think he pulled the signing day hat trick with us then went with Clemson .Didn't he have Twin brother we also offered?

Coach34
01-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Brewster was convinced we had him- but lost out to Clemson

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-11-2016, 09:50 PM
If I remember correctly with Alexander it was down to us , Auburn, and Clemson on signing day . A lot of people thought we had a good chance with him . I think he pulled the signing day hat trick with us then went with Clemson .Didn't he have Twin brother we also offered? I remember this...I miss Brewster

engie
01-11-2016, 10:05 PM
We played bridesmaid to some absolutely elite talent in that class, which was a pretty big bust for us overall.
Jalen Ramsey
Mack Alexander
Andrew Billings
All potential first rounders

Coach34
01-11-2016, 10:16 PM
We played bridesmaid to some absolutely elite talent in that class, which was a pretty big bust for us overall.
Jalen Ramsey
Mack Alexander
Andrew Billings
All potential first rounders

That was all Brewster did for us- get a hat on the table. He didnt close one big Croot.

DownwardDawg
01-11-2016, 10:20 PM
That was all Brewster did for us- get a hat on the table. He didnt close one big Croot.

So you're sayin we had a chance????

Rayburn8
01-11-2016, 10:21 PM
I hate hearing Alexander's and Humphrey's names. Makes me wonder.......

HSVDawg
01-11-2016, 10:25 PM

I had thought he was instrumental in helping flip Ross from OSU. But I may be misremembering.

BHildreth3
01-11-2016, 10:27 PM
I had thought he was instrumental in helping flip Ross from OSU. But I may be misremembering.

That was all Coach Les. I appreciate him getting Mr. Ross before he left to go to Texas.

blacklistedbully
01-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Yep, he punked us hard. We showed him a lot of love and he pulled that stunt. I know a lot of kids do it, but I seem to recall his being particularly snotty, IMO.

Personally, I wish these kids would not do that crap to any of the fan-bases that have treated them well. Just my opinion.

Westdawg
01-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Correct. Brewster was the key to us getting Ross

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 10:32 PM

Incorrect. That was Les and the family connection here at State.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 10:35 PM

Brewster didnt hurt- but Koenning pulled Ross

Westdawg
01-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Sorry, but Brewster was the guy who pushed us through that door. Les helped us knock on the door, but Tim snagged that guy for us.

defiantdog
01-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Sorry, but Brewster was the guy who pushed us through that door. Les helped us knock on the door, but Tim snagged that guy for us.
Vic helped us as much as Brewster. I miss Brewster because he was the used car salesman we all miss.

Joe Schmedlap
01-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Brewster got us in the door with some elite guys. Had Tim been paid, perhaps he would have reeled in some elite talent for us.

Dallas_Dawg
01-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Imagine Will and Mackensie with Tazeze in Slot. Or shit, any combination of those three

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Imagine Will and Mackensie with Tazeze in Slot. Or shit, any combination of those three

We may have won the natty. You could've moved Love to nickle & our backend problems would have been solved.

It looks like Alexander made a good decision with Clemson, but that decision could have been just as good at MSU

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Brewster got us in the door with some elite guys. Had Tim been paid, perhaps he would have reeled in some elite talent for us.

He left for the exact same salary $225,000. It wasn't about money.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 11:31 PM

Brewster left for one reason and one reason only- it's easier to recruit to Fla State than Miss State.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 11:33 PM
He left for the exact same salary $225,000. It wasn't about money.

What I loved about Brewster was that he loved & embraced recruiting & wasn't scared.

Sure, he may have done somethings that pissed Mullen off & made him look foolish, but he showed passion & relentlessness in recruiting.

I'm not saying that our coaches don't work hard & don't do what they have to do, but it's very difficult to develop a passion for something that you don't naturally have & that comes through in the way you recruit, work at your daily job, & your marriage.

I loved Brewster's passion for recruiting. Orgeron & Freeze seem to have the same passion for it, & I miss it on our staff.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 11:41 PM
What I loved about Brewster was that he loved & embraced recruiting & wasn't scared.

Sure, he may have done somethings that pissed Mullen off & made him look foolish, but he showed passion & relentlessness in recruiting.

I'm not saying that our coaches don't work hard & don't do what they have to do, but it's very difficult to develop a passion for something that you don't naturally have & that comes through in the way you recruit, work at your daily job, & your marriage.

I loved Brewster's passion for recruiting. Orgeron & Freeze seem to have the same passion for it, & I miss it on our staff.

I agree but what he did at the end really tarnishes what good he did while here.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-12-2016, 09:34 AM
Wasn't Ross Brewster's guy ?

HoopsCoach21
01-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Wasn't Ross Brewster's guy ?

Read the thread. There are differing opinions but the most common theme is that Les Keonning pulled Ross for us.

maroonmania
01-12-2016, 09:53 AM

Somehow I don't think our "relentless effort" motto than Dan likes to speak of applies to our staff's efforts in recruiting. And yes, we give effort but not the type of effort you see from some others in this conference including the school up the road.

Political Hack
01-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Fred Ross was coming to State the summer before he "flipped." He was penciled in on the big board as a commit before any of our fans even knew his name. Brewster didn't have anything to do with that, other than keeping him in the boat down the homestretch.

RougeDawg
01-12-2016, 10:50 AM
We may have won the natty. You could've moved Love to nickle & our backend problems would have been solved.

It looks like Alexander made a good decision with Clemson, but that decision could have been just as good at MSU

No one is really mentioning Marlon Humphrey. He had an impact on the game last night and would have helped us tremendously.

defiantdog
01-12-2016, 10:58 AM
No one is really mentioning Marlon Humphrey. He had an impact on the game last night and would have helped us tremendously.

i actually just made the comment to Bobby the other day about how good Marlon would have been in the maroon and white. It was marlon's dream to be in a Bama uniform though. Collins made a good push, but he couldn't overcome marlon's dream to play at Bama.

There are a few guys who think the same about State this year that aren't committed yet.

Madisonmd
01-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Where is Alexanders twin brother playing?