PDA

View Full Version : Do we really want the SEC to win this?

NEMSDOG
01-11-2016, 08:34 PM
It can't help us with AJ Brown or Simmons if Bama wins....

runwildjerious
01-11-2016, 08:36 PM
It can't help us with AJ Brown or Simmons if Bama wins....

Them having 15 or 16 rings will not matter. I hope they lose but it won't bother me if they win. I would just like to see a good college football game.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't think it'll make a difference either way.

If Alabama winning another championship pushes AJ or Simmons over the edge, then so be it. Surely they know by now that they'll likely win if they go to Bama

Percho
01-11-2016, 08:41 PM
How about accomplishing something. The first ever to win a NC at Mississippi State University.

Have some pride.

TrapGame
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
I want Bama to win so Saban thinks he's done all he can in Tuscaloosa and moves on, either retirement or the NFL.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 08:49 PM
No- let Bama lose. Let all the talk ramp up that Saban cant win the big one anymore

maroonmania
01-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Saban and Bama are what they are at this point, a perennial NC contender. Whether they win or lose tonight doesn't really impact that.

TUSK
01-11-2016, 08:54 PM
No- let Bama lose. Let all the talk ramp up that Saban cant win the big one anymore

LOL... this reminds me of your "Miles > Saban" post....

nice.

Statecoachingblows**
01-11-2016, 09:10 PM
I don't want to hear roll f#####g tide all day tomorrow to hell with bama

War Machine Dawg
01-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Even if Bama wins, the SEC doesn't win. Bama does. **** Bama and **** the SEC. If you aren't MSU, I have no allegiance to you. My lasting image of the SEC will be Mike Slime sitting on his ass in the Hump with a scowl on his face after Swat broke the Blocked Shots record. Go Clemson!

engie
01-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Yes.

Doctor Smug
01-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Saban and Bama are what they are at this point, a perennial NC contender. Whether they win or lose tonight doesn't really impact that.

^ this

the way i look at it, prove that the SEC is the best conference.

sell the recruits on playing against the best, and proving that they can win in Starkville.

scottycameron
01-11-2016, 11:02 PM
^ this

the way i look at it, prove that the SEC is the best conference.

sell the recruits on playing against the best, and proving that they can win in Starkville.

To have just joined yesterday, you're terrible. Most trolls start out ok.

dickiedawg
01-11-2016, 11:05 PM
F alabama

Dawgface
01-11-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm not pulling for Bama. Screw them.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 11:08 PM
LOL... this reminds me of your "Miles > Saban" post....

nice.

Kick 6
Ohio State comeback

Lose tonight and its time to start doubting Saban...

Doctor Smug
01-11-2016, 11:12 PM
To have just joined yesterday, you're terrible. Most trolls start out ok.

so, anyone who disagrees with anyone is a troll. damn some people are paranoid.

defiantdog
01-11-2016, 11:19 PM
so, anyone who disagrees with anyone is a troll. damn some people are paranoid.
Your good..... Didn't see anything wrong with your post.

Blackout
01-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Let them win and Saban join the Cowboys. I'm sure back channel discussions have occurred. See ya Jason Garrett.

Doctor Smug
01-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Let them win and Saban join the Cowboys. I'm sure back channel discussions have occurred. See ya Jason Garrett.

i think we have a better shot at him taking over for Corso (not the crazy antics crap). those ESPN guys love him.

Gruden seems to be enjoying his big paycheck without the hassle of the coaching schedule.

Beaver
01-11-2016, 11:47 PM

If Saban loses... (Which looks unlikely after the Drake TD)

Recruit - "Hey Coach, what's your record in National Championship games?"

Saban - "5-1"

Recruit - "Dang coach, I don't know.. "

Btw, pretty sure the Michigan State shutout cancels out the OSU loss.

Dawg61
01-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Even if Bama wins, the SEC doesn't win. Bama does. **** Bama and **** the SEC. If you aren't MSU, I have no allegiance to you. My lasting image of the SEC will be Mike Slime sitting on his ass in the Hump with a scowl on his face after Swat broke the Blocked Shots record. Go Clemson!

SEC winning all these NCs has made MSU well over an extra $100 million dollars in less than a decade. We have almost tripled our athletic budget in that same time period. Thank you Alabama for pulling the rope in football and making my University rich as ****!

whatever
01-12-2016, 01:19 AM
SEC winning all these NCs has made MSU well over an extra $100 million dollars in less than a decade. We have almost tripled our athletic budget in that same time period. Thank you Alabama for pulling the rope in football and making my University rich as ****!

Agree w/ this... The SEC winning 8 of 10 national titles has given the entire league a boost. You think the SEC Network is as successful without that run? People are now saying that the Longhorn Network is failing and the Pac 12 Network might end up in the same boat. The disparity in tv money that the SEC gets might keep growing. Makes it to where MSU can pay much more for assistants and other support than even some top third programs (budget wise) in other conferences.

The perception of the league has also greatly been elevated the last 10 years. The media automatically assumes the SEC is superior to everyone else and talks up the league more, makes MSU a much more known commodity nationally than if we weren't in the SEC. Kids want to play in the league.

Where would MSU be if they weren't in the SEC? A rising tide raises all ships

TUSK
01-12-2016, 03:50 AM
Kick 6
Ohio State comeback

oops.

RougeDawg
01-12-2016, 11:00 AM
The SEC winning all those consecutive championships was the main reason for the contract and $$$$ for MSU. The perception of the SEC being the best conference in football, without argument, has been established the same way. They way we went from obscurity to #1 faster than any team ever, was because of.... Wait for it..... The SEC's perception of being the best football in the land. As much as some of you want to act hard and deny that any SEC team besides one, helps us in the grand scheme, are kidding yourselves or have heads in the sand.

Bottom line is this, perception is reality, and continuing to win the NC continues the perception that if you win the SEC or are a 1-2 loss SEC team, you deserve consideration in the current playoff setup. Someone please rationally explain how this perception does not benefit a 11-1,10-2 SECWest Runnerup MSU team? As long as Saban stays at Bama, this is our most likely scenario in reaching the playoffs. That or Dan has an epiphany and comes out of his shell in a big late season game.

ETA the only sec team that didn't necessarily win last night was Auburn, for obvious reasons.

Mjoelner34
01-12-2016, 11:08 AM
The SEC winning all those consecutive championships was the main reason for the contract and $$$$ for MSU. The perception of the SEC being the best conference in football, without argument, has been established the same way. They way we went from obscurity to #1 faster than any team ever, was because of.... Wait for it..... The SEC's perception of being the best football in the land. As much as some of you want to act hard and deny that any SEC team besides one, helps us in the grand scheme, are kidding yourselves or have heads in the sand.

Bottom line is this, perception is reality, and continuing to win the NC continues the perception that if you win the SEC or are a 1-2 loss SEC team, you deserve consideration in the current playoff setup. Someone please rationally explain how this perception does not benefit a 11-1,10-2 SECWest Runnerup MSU team? As long as Saban stays at Bama, this is our most likely scenario in reaching the playoffs. That or Dan has an epiphany and comes out of his shell in a big late season game.

ETA the only sec team that didn't necessarily win last night was Auburn, for obvious reasons.

+1